Reviews for Take Care Of Yourself
Gioia chapter 8 . 3/26/2014
I adore this story. Just finished another read-through. Can't decide what I love most: the essential wibbly-weobbly, timey- wimey plot, the excellent humorus dialogue, the scienctific and creative approaches to magic, or the sheer fun of this odd group of housemates! Thank you for your hard work
jennipea chapter 5 . 3/24/2014
I'm not sure if you'll read this review, given that you haven't updated in a while. I hope that you will.

I want to start off by saying that I am a big fan of your writing. You are wonderfully clever, witty and imaginative. I love your ideas and I love how seamlessly your original concepts of magical theory and creature lore fit in with HP canon. I look forward to the next update of whichever WIP is still finding inspiration in your head.

I do want to address something in the AN at the end of this chapter that sort of...irked me mildly. While I'm not a slash tyrant, demanding all slash fic all the time, I am a slash fan and also a queer person. Your implication that slash fic is inherently crack fic rubs me the wrong way. It is a rather hetero-normative statement to make; just because a character is depicted in a heterosexual relationship in canon doesn't automatically mean that they are strictly heterosexual. Being attracted to one sex/gender doesn't necessarily preclude being attracted to a different sex/gender as well. So-called "canon straight" characters could actually be bisexual, pansexual, heteroflexible, or even closeted homosexual-which I feel is the basis of (good) slash fiction.

As far as I know, JK has only explicitly commented upon the sexuality of one of her characters, and if you apply real-world probability to the vastly populated HP universe, it is very unlikely that Dumbledore was the only queer person in Wizarding Britain (I balk at stories where Everyone Is Gay for the same reason.)

Please don't take this as some kind of invasive imperative that you become a Champion of Unorthodox Pairings, but I hope that it might change your perspective a bit, or even just make a small amount of sense to you.

Anyway...carry on. Come back to us soon.
Hedonicon chapter 10 . 2/17/2014
Chapter 10 is the best thing I've ever read with time travel in it. I want NothingPretentious to run a game of Continuum: Roleplaying in the Yet.
Diaspared chapter 10 . 1/24/2014
I'm too out of it to even attempt to unravel this mess.
Diaspared chapter 9 . 1/24/2014
He should have had a basselope form.
Diaspared chapter 7 . 1/24/2014
It's got to be a hedgehog. Karmic balance, right?
Diaspared chapter 6 . 1/24/2014
I somehow never realized that Ron was the British Wizard equivalent of a Chicago Cubs fan. I suddenly feel a lot more empathy with the walking stomach than I ever did before. (Goddamn Billy Goat Curse...)

Anyway, love the story, love Hermione being sarcastic as fuck.
Diaspared chapter 5 . 1/24/2014
Hermione is reasonable, but she's certainly not calm and, being a bloody painting, she's certainly not competent.

Harry's still the hero, she's somehow the mentor figure while being only slightly older than him, Albus is the slightly crazy professor/inventor/gadgeteer/Q.

Also thank goodness for the no slash pairings between straight characters. And for using the Dumbledore of the first 4 books, and not of the 5th and onwards (who is very much that manipulative old man, if not at all evil.)
Diaspared chapter 4 . 1/24/2014
A Black Comedy isn't even nonjon's best (that's easily the trilogy,) but it's damn good.

Anyway, good to see you didn't have Ron miraculously managing a stable and non-abusive relationship with Hermione. No need for romance, I just utterly despise that mess, perhaps due to similarities between myself and Hermione that make me think that she could and would do far, far better. Someone with a brain, at least, because as much as I want to jump the bones of some people I know, I'd absolutely hate to have to be in a relationship with them.
Diaspared chapter 1 . 1/24/2014
uh...
Guest chapter 10 . 12/21/2013
That was crazy...and half of it barely made sense...i can just imagine Snapes face when he opens that package.
Gioia chapter 9 . 11/7/2013
I already reviewed another chapter, so I'm going backwards since this site is utterly fascist in its refusal to let me leave multiple, stalking, creepy, obsessive reviews on a single chapter. Stupid blast-ended skrewts.

Things are rather frightening and dreary in my RL right now. Serious, serious health issues in a loved one. So I came over here today to cheer myself up. I laughed so much I nearly puked.

Just wanted you to know what an absolute delight this story has been. Thank you so very much for writing it. It brought me great joy in a time of need. You rock.
mab70 chapter 10 . 10/8/2013
I most true hope and pray you some day are able to return to this most entertaining story. I haven't laughed so hard in I don't know how long. I'm pretty sure I did pull a muscle in my gut and had to take a break before finishing this chapter.
Even if you never finish this, it will definitely remain in my favorites list and I will heartily recommend this to all who enjoy a send-up.
Thank you for sharing your prodigious talent.
mab70 chapter 9 . 10/7/2013
Darn, I really liked Fluffybits.
Azadrie chapter 10 . 9/28/2013
That has got to be the most complicated time looping I think I've ever read. How many times did he live that particular day 5 or 6? That needs a special name, it's not just a time loop, thats a ... Time Lotus!
Absolutely hilarious! :-)