Reviews for Like Riding A Bicycle
jayezee chapter 1 . 4/15/2012
Just what I needed - sick Sammy and caring big brother, Dean. Thanks for writing.
Whitewolfcry chapter 1 . 2/5/2012
aww :)
Esstell chapter 1 . 12/5/2011
Oh, poor Sammy. Dean's really cool brother!

Goes to my favs :)
Ginnylove9990 chapter 1 . 11/17/2011
Great Story. I love Big Bother Dean.
Roxie Zephyr Jocelyn chapter 1 . 11/11/2011
First of, let me humbly apologize for taking so long in getting another review in to you. Since writers, like yourself, give so much into creating wonderful pieces of work; slices of life and experiences - sounds, visions, emotions - through amazing storytelling, I've always been a little hesitant at writing a review unless I too can give it the best of my ability and give my all in doing a story justice. It is still no excuse, so I humbly apologize.

Thank you for another amazing story Before getting into the details, let me first say how much I love the title and your choice of theme for this particular story verse. "Like Riding A Bicycle", is such an apt analogy, and it brings such a sense of pure and simple innocence that it sets the atmosphere up very nicely even before getting into the story.

I love how you alternated the POV of both boys in the story; comparing, contrasting and reflecting their two different viewpoints on, what seems superficially, to be a simple moment of being ill, but simultaneously, so complex because of their tangled history and their own conflicted emotions. My heart went out to Dean from the very first sentence where you have very clearly portrayed his uncertainty, vulnerability and insecurity by highlighting what he does know and what he doesn't, what used to be familiar and now isn't. It's even more heart-breaking when you match it point for point, a mirror reflection, with Sam's POV. Where Dean needs to reach out, to be the big brother and ease his little brother's pain, but is uncertain if he'll be welcomed, Sam needs Dean to reach out, to be his big brother again, but feels guilty for the hurt he caused, and is uncertain if Dean would welcome his desire, his need, for the same devotion he once took for granted and rejected. I also love that you wrote Sam as the one who eventually voices his need first because this very cleverly mends the gap, the hurt, between them that had first manifested when Sam went to Stanford; Dean needed to know that his brother still needed him, and Sam needed to know that he could still reach out and his big brother would respond.

I also love how you've balanced out the sibling dynamics and the mother-child dynamics between Dean and Sam. And, how you fleshed this out by contrasting it with John's own care giving methods. And, if that wasn't enough, I love how you contrasted what Sam used to have, and what he missed by carrying the memories over into more recent times. How he felt a little offended not being able to match up to Jessica's preferred caretaker, but how, in the absence of Dean, in the presence of "loss", he suddenly understood why Jessica felt the way she did. And, your time transitions are flawless. I love how you ended that piece of memory with Sam burying his feelings, and brought us back to the present time with Sam physically burrowing himself under his blankets.

Another highlight for me would be this little reflection:

"Four years and a million hurts later, Dean hadn't forgotten." - No matter the time, no matter the distance, somethings would never change, like Sam's big brother's love for him.

"Four years and a million hurts later, taking care of his little brother just came naturally." - No matter the time, no matter the distance, Dean would always be Sam's big brother.

Your use of repetition here is especially effective because it provides a point for connection even as it reveals the brothers' mirroring needs and wants in their bond with each other. Both brothers are not just on the same page, they do not just have a shared understanding, but they are essentially two sides of the same coin, two halves of one whole.

And, this is a brilliant exchange between brothers to end with:

"I'm so glad you didn't forget while I was gone."

"I guess it's kinda like riding a bike; it always comes back to you."

I've always been a sucker for stories that close with a reference to the title.

Overall, your dialogue, characterizations of both boys were brilliant as always, and once again, thank you for a wonderful story.
Miyavilurver chapter 1 . 11/9/2011
oh god that was perfect. thank you for writing it.
IheartSam7 chapter 1 . 11/6/2011
loooooved that!
Rolletti chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
Awesomenesssss! Such a sweet and wonderful story. I should be writing my paper, but I just had to read this. Unfortunately, I feel I have to read the next story in the series NOW, but, but, but I need to write this paper, read the story, write the paper, read the story, read the story, read the story...okay the paper really isn't due until tomorrow so one more story wont hurt.

Rolletti
MelanisticLeopard chapter 1 . 8/28/2011
Aaaaaaaaah so cute!

Just, just so adorable :)

I LOVE stories like this! Thanks for providing such fluff. It's good to remember more innocent times, before all the current shit ):

Dean's knowing just what to do was unbelievably sweet *pets the fluffy brotherly love*

& I have to say, I like sick Sam! He's so much more dependent. Less resistant to Dean, which is what we want. :)

I hope the next season gives us more brotherly moments _
littleann84 chapter 1 . 8/23/2011
lnfvjldnfjndsjgfnjPAsm!

Sorry, my mind is reeling from fluff overload XD

This is beyond ADORABLE! Thank you so much for this little moment. It totally made my day _
The Phantom Dragon chapter 1 . 4/28/2011
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwww*gets big liquidy puppy eyes*
godsdaughter77 chapter 1 . 4/25/2011
Fun story! Thanks for sharing. I love seeing Dean take care of Sam. :)
DesolateDreamer chapter 1 . 4/24/2011
Aww that was really cute :)
doyleshuny chapter 1 . 4/22/2011
Okay I just wonder how many "AAAWWWWWWWW's" you're going to get with this one. Let me add to it. AAAWWWWWWWWW... Poor Sammy ): To be honest I wouldnt mind smearing Vicks Vapor Rub on his chest... Okay what were we talking about? My mind just wandered off to other things. LOL! Okay back to the story. I think it was so sweet how only big brother Dean knew how to take care of little brother Sammy. How seriously adorable is that right? I loved the part where the boys were still struggling with what to do and all the sudden Dean heard "Dean" then he went and Sammy just had to say "I feel awful" and big brother knew exactly what to do and he did it without hesitation. So sweet!
clair beaubien chapter 1 . 4/9/2011
He was a big brother again.

AAAHHHH! (wailing and sobbing) YES! That's it exactly!

Can you write something like this (will you PLEASE write something like this) for Season 6?

CB