Reviews for Miles To Go
KD-Masen chapter 2 . 3/22/2011
Hmmm...Interesting so far. I get the feeling that Edwards dad does not approve of his choice to go to Seattle to start a band! I cant wait to see how this goes! Its really good so far!
ZenOne chapter 1 . 3/21/2011
With a shock of copper coloured hair that a scarecrow would envy - LMAO!

Ah, Bella *tsk, tsk, tsk,* you should know better than to pick up ramdom hitch hikers. Although if said hitch hiker looks like the Edward... I sympathize cause that would be HARD to resist.

LOL Assward grating on her nerves. I love it! Great job Sam. ILY bb!

forgotten22 chapter 6 . 3/21/2011
Well, she did go to see Jake, she just went to the spot she most remembered him in order to hopefully see his face again on the other side, only she didn't make it that far.

Edward finally pulled himself out of his own bubble and realized there are more important things in life. And maybe his problems aren't the worst. That doesn't change that everyone has their own version of "bad" for life. Bella's was her best friend and future husband dying, Edward's was realizing his mother never wanted him. They each had to deal with something bad that life dealt them, but together they can overcome it.

He's going to be there for Bella now, kind of like she was there for him on his ride up to Seattle. I should have recognized the 243 letters didn't add up. It didn't sound like the right number, but I had ignored it, maybe she was moved to Pheonix right before school in the fall and left the day after school had ending in the spring. That number comes closer to the number of letters he sent her. It could have been.

That's tragic that he was in such a bad accident, and that she blames herself. It's also sad that she felt the only way to relieve the pain and guilt she was feeling was to end her own life. She was being selfish at that point. I completely understand suicide is a disease and don't want to belittle it, but it is the easy way out sometimes. If you can only show life that you are willing to fight back, it can be worth it. No matter what anyone thinks, someone, somewhere out there cares for them. Edward for example cared for Bella. And her parents, Phil and baby brother. How could she just leave that all behind without realizing how they would feel after her decision. I'm glad Edward was there to save her.

Very heart felt last chapter. I loved how this story progressed and how you ended it. You did very, very well with it. Bella could be her bitchy self, but she also was dealing a lot with some very well hidden secrets. I hope she can over come those feelings in time. And I hope Charlie lets Edward stay at their house, b/c... where else is going to stay for the time being? He doesn't know anyone in Forks :P haha Maybe sleep on the couch? Hopefully Charlie doesn't make him rent a hotel for forever! haha

You did awesome, hun! I really enjoyed this story and even got a tad misty eyed on the end of this one. (shhh don't tell anyone ;) ) You did awesome! Great use of the prompt and great story over all! You're a wonderful writer!
forgotten22 chapter 5 . 3/21/2011
Where exactly does Edward plan to go, or what does he plan to do after he finds his mother? Did he not think that far ahead? What if she rejects him, again? Or what if he finds her, but she wants nothing to do with him other than a hello, how are you type encounter? Does he think she's going to take her back into her life as if she's desperately been trying to do that since she gave him up?

So obviously Edward and Bella are going to meet again. I wonder if he got a job in Seattle, working so he could save up and go to college. If they will wind up at the same college when they both decide to go back. A second chance at school life together. I kind of hope so. I'm thinking Bella is on her way to Jakes house, and that they won't be staying together? Just my theory from this chapter.

I loved her waking up to him driving her moms car, that she let him eventually, that they got very comfortable with one another like they did, that she offered to go with him for moral support, and that she realized she was going to miss him. So sweet. These two are adorable - even if he was a bit arrogant and a prick at the beginning. Still not an excuse to take it out on Bella... but at least he's beginning to make up for it now.

I'm excited to see what the last chapter has in store! :D You've done great so I know it will end the same!
forgotten22 chapter 4 . 3/21/2011
He's improving. I can say that at least. And I suppose this is also where I'm supposed to fall for his heart tearing, sad story. Well, I just can't pull myself to do it. I do feel bad for him that life dealt him that hand, but he had great parents who provided him with everything he ever needed and wanted. You're parents aren't always the ones who give birth to you, sometimes they are the ones who love you the most and have looked after you, giving you everything you need and want. Just like Carlisle and Esme did. He will have to figure that out on his own though. I don't want to make it sound like he didn't have it tough and bad. Everyone has their own version of what constitutes as "bad" in their life. For him, this could be the bottom. But he's also still a bit young and naive. He'll get there though. And with Bella's help I'm sure.

Their moment in the car was sweet. Talking about life, the box Jake made her, the letters, the kiss.. I'm happy for them that they are connecting on a new level. They got to at some point if they're going to end up together! I wish them luck and I hope Edward finds his answer and Bella realizes that she and Jake are better friends than they were boyfriend/girlfriend material.

You're doing awesome! :)
forgotten22 chapter 3 . 3/21/2011
Well he was sweet that time around. But he was asleep until the very end, so I'm not exactly sure that says very much just yet.

His sister. Shouldn't surprise me she was such a bitch herself. Money gives people assumed power because they can buy their way into or out of any situation they want or need. Bella was being a kind friend to her that day in the bathroom and she was nothing but a low down whore about it. I hope she got burned by the truth later on in life. I hope she's paying for it and one days feels even a sliver of guilt about how she treated Bella back in high school. No one deserves that. High school is not the end of, or the most important part of ones life. She could have moved on and gotten over it, but she didn't. She chose to make someone's else a living hell instead just to make herself feel better. Well I hope she's wallowing in self-pity now. I really do.

I can't tell my brother what to do, but maybe telling him to take it easy on someone would have opened his eyes, just a bit. Edward could have mentioned the same to Rose, yet he stood by and did nothing. He now has a sudden interest in Bella and is going to be sweet and nice to her? Guilty conscious from back in school? Secretly liked her and didn't want to step up and say or do anything about in case he was made fun of? I saw the hint of jealousy on his face when Bella mentioned she had a boyfriend back home. He didn't like it.

And of course I know something is going to develop between them as this is an Edward/Bella story. I'm very much looking forward to it. I can't wait to see how he redeems his actions in high school and gets rid of the prick attitude he's go going on.

You're doing awesome! :)
Guest chapter 2 . 3/21/2011
He clearly has his own issues going on, but that does not give him the excuse to being such an arrogant prick. I'm not sure who died and made him God... but to me, good looks only get you so far. After that, your personality depicts you're true colors and image and if the inner image is scum, well, he better start praying some other nice citizen will fall for his charms, because me, I'm curb checking his ass as the next pit stop and pushing him out the car. Actually, I'd have already done that... Bella's too sweet of a person. I'm sweet, but I know reality too and people aren't going to walk all over me.

Anyway, I am enjoying this, even though I want to beat some sense and common courtesy with a huge side of manners into that thick skulled boys head. But otherwise, it's really going fantastic ;) You're a great writer and I love what you've got so far! I'm excited to see what happens!

Please tell me learns some manners? And that she just lets her inner bitch out and he cowers in fear of it. - Ok, so I don't really see that happening... but a girl can wish, right? I'm all about taking charge and not letting the man put you down! You go girl! Stand up for yourself and don't let the pretty face fool you till he's got a good reason for it! ;) Even then though.. watch your back, at least for the beginning. lol ;)
forgotten22 chapter 1 . 3/20/2011
Ummm I don't think so. I don't care how popular someone is to them self, they mean nothing of the sort to me. If he's going to be such a cocky ass prick, he can walk his ass to Seattle. I'd kick him out of my car. No where in the law does it say someone is obligated to give a hitch-hiker a ride to their destination. In fact, hitch-hiking is kind of illegal. She's lucky he's not a cereal killer.

So, this should be a very interesting trip! I hope he straightens out. And I hope her snarky side comes out. I an tell she has one. It's just lurking in the back ground, waiting. She needs to get it out of her system ;) I think this would be the perfect time to put his never-wanted-for-anything-a-day-in-his-life ass in place! Oh please! Please, please, please, please, please! With whipped cream, a cherry, and chocolate syrup on top of a rock solid man of your choice!

I will wait and see what happens, I suppose... But if this does happen, I shall love you forever I think! Just so you know! ;) kick ass and take charge Bella is pretty much my favorite! She needs to be that way more often, imo. But I am willing to settle... we'll just have to see where you lead me and tease me ;) Looking forward to it!
kmfroggi chapter 6 . 3/19/2011
absolutely amazing! i really had no idea, but then edward made that comment in the car about her and ending it, that didnt make sense, but then all of a sudden i got it and wow! and for edward to not knock on the door, to follow bella, that was such a true thing to do. awesome, awesome!
Sophia24 chapter 6 . 3/19/2011
I thoroughly enjoyed this story and thought it was well written and very captivating. good job! :)
Death by Nutella chapter 6 . 3/17/2011
You know when something is so amazing that you are dumbfounded and don't know what to say? Yeah, right now... I'm in that position. This story is astonishing. Well done xx
Cullen Cousin chapter 6 . 3/16/2011
Ah my dear Silverspoon, what a wonderful story you weave! It was funny in some parts and real sad in other. It's way I call an emotional rollercoaster. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading it and I hope your recipient does too!

Excellent job!

Angelus-Aurelle chapter 6 . 3/16/2011
I adored this fic.

You are brilliant.

Bella's lonliness and Edward's recently snapped life are so efficiently brought together.

Keep up the good work.
Skychaser chapter 6 . 3/15/2011
OMG. Honestly ... I didn't think I could be struck speechless, but four paragraphs in, and I am. And I don't hate Jake anymore. I don't think I can. :sniffle: My heart is in my throat, trapped there.

My heart hurts. My chest hurts, and I am crying. No joke ... this is a good thing, because I have only found two stories in the midst of my fanfiction love that have made me cry ... and this one can now be added to the list. Every bit before this has been intentionally laying the groundwork for this chapter, which has effected me in such a raw, visceral way. :claps:

"Or maybe I finally found something I wanted more." - I choked up, and maybe cried a little harder ... babes ... this is simply phenomenal.

Doll ... I MORE than enjoyed my gift. I love it. On so many different levels. You have done a simple phenomenal job, and I am so ... honored to be the recipient of so much talent. You did wonderfully. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.

I love it.

Skychaser chapter 5 . 3/15/2011
ROFL - "mostly to make sure she wasn't looming over the back of my seat about to strangle me with her shoelace or something" I ADORE this line! Edward has an amazing sense of humor. I love a guy like that. No joke. :D No worries about me loving your Edward ... hehehe

Oh shit ... a little dark humor there. I love it, but it does make me sad to realize that Edward wishes he could have done more. :) Also? Bella's hand on his knee - not only nature, but totally hot. Amazing what the inside of a car can do for a relationship, right? :P

:pouts: He left ... :( He's leaving. Bella ... I know you're doing what you should do, but ... you're letting him LEAVE! :crosses arms petulantly: Go back and get him. I bet you've got some kind of romanticized version of Jake waiting for you in Forks.

Last goodbye ... umm ... wow. This last bit was powerful. It was great, but completely unexpected as well, and, I'll be 100% honest, I now have NO idea where this is going. And I love it. Keeping this short cause I want to get to the last chapter!
56 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »