Reviews for Hoist the Colours
Ailat chapter 4 . 4/7/2011

(it's a heart)

Excuse me. I happen to have developed the sudden ability to not be able to put my thoughts into coherent sentances. Hopefully, there's a cure somewhere. A cure NOT envolving writing stupid assignments for English. :)

Much love

N-24-13 chapter 2 . 4/7/2011
I enjoyed this chapter lots of backround.
Frogster chapter 4 . 4/7/2011
Hey, at least Deryn has a job. That's the main thing. And if she got one and Volger didn't...well, that's even more reason to laugh.

Alek has got to be the dummkopf to rival all dummkopfs. (And I know quite a few of those, one in particular.) facepalm Deryn should have revealed her secret to him, just to show him how clueless he really is!

I'm wondering if things will start to get tricky with the introduction of John. Or will Kate pull a Lilit and like Dylan?

Update soon! (Hope the plot bunnies keep hopping your way-they're bound to appear sometime, since it is almost Easter.)
JayBird45 chapter 4 . 4/7/2011
Another great chapter! :) I can't imagine Deryn doing maths or being a shop assistant to earn a living, but I can imagine her drawing. Convenient, that, how she happened upon an art gallery which needed an artist and a seamstress. Seamsmaster?

Found a niggle!

"Muttering the differences between the Scottish and the British to herself..." The Scottish are British. It would wind up a Scot to be called English, but British... Nah, don't really think so. Said it was only a niggle, didn't I?
N-24-13 chapter 1 . 4/7/2011
I like it I hope to read more
Pony chapter 4 . 4/7/2011
Ya! I love it!

Can't wait to c wat happens when deryn tells volger! Yay!
aretiredfowl chapter 4 . 4/7/2011
:D Drawing and sewing? haha. Of course. :)

This is awesome.

Irrel chapter 4 . 4/7/2011
I love your writing. I look forward to reading about Deryn at her new job :)
charinaquililan chapter 4 . 4/6/2011
I love your story.

Keep up the good work! I will be waiting for the next chapters.

Good luck!
DarthSmiles chapter 4 . 4/6/2011
Wow! Really good chapter! Cant wait to see volgars face...
Nagatochinatsu chapter 4 . 4/6/2011
I truly heart New York, and this fic! Man, Alek shopping... Deryn figures out dollars to pounds, and Alek figures out pounds to... Francs? Euros? Wampum? Also, he'd be crap at bargaining. "Seventy cents? How about sixty five? No? Sixty seven? Oh, alright, sixty eight cents it is. But no more."
Xavryn chapter 3 . 3/30/2011
What an amazing idea for a fanfiction! It turned out to be amazing too! Please write more!
TheWayTheWordsFlow chapter 3 . 3/25/2011
Good job on the story:) are you going to add in new characters or keep the old ones? or even bring in Jaspert? update soon!
SuperSugarCrash chapter 3 . 3/25/2011
! I laughed so hard. I reeeeeaaaaalllllly like the story plan, the format is awesome, and you are awesome. Please write more!
Ailat chapter 3 . 3/20/2011
I'm so excitied! This sounds sooo amazing!

I've not much else to say. I'm suffering from thinkers block. It's like writers bock, only a bajillion times worse, cause you can't think of anything to say that's creative. :)

Much love,