Reviews for The Impossible made possible
killer4853 chapter 3 . 7/22/2014
r.i.p. musictaco chapter 4 . 6/2/2012
Look, I love the idea, but there are problems.

1. Your girls Christy and Kaylee sound, I won't call them Mary Sues, but underdeveloped.

2. You have a time discrepancy for the crews' descendants. Instead of being grandsons, they most likely would be great-grandsons.

3. The story is set in 2015. What's with the comment 'let along two young women?' The times have changed, and attitudes of the 21st century need to be presented.

4. Why are they talking about true love in the very beginning? They already have their person of interest. That sounded like a cheesy fairytale.

I don't mean to sound like a drag. I'm just helping you out. Happy writing.
sam fraser chapter 1 . 5/31/2011
today may 31st has been 100 years since titanic entered the water for the first time
Sam fraser chapter 1 . 4/15/2011
I Know it fiction but It werid how it not mertointed the titanic is raised or made again.

Can it be raised?

In all honesty, no. There is no way on this Earth with the technology available to us that Titanic could be brought up without it being turned into brown powder on the way up. The best thing we can do now is just explore and document what's available to us on the ocean floor.

if it were brought up, what would they do with it? It's so unstable as it is that sending ROVs into the wreck is becoming more and more of a hazard. even If the wreck were to ever see the light of day again I doubt we'd find anybody who's willing to chance walking on or in it's decks; unless they carried a medical insurance plan that far surpasses anything even congress gets. Then you've got to find a place to put it. And those problems are just the tip of the iceberg (no pun intended) with bringing Titanic to the surface.

Other problems would be:

How will they get it to land?

How do they bring it up to start with?

Who's going to take the HUGE gamble and pay for it?
CarlyLynn chapter 6 . 4/13/2011
Excellent chapters 1 through 6. I love it. Keep up the wonderful writing you do.
Sam Fraser chapter 1 . 3/28/2011
… right… as we waiting for the next chapter, I got to tell you what is good and what isn’t.

First off, as before, the good things.

The interaction between the characters is good. The persona of the first officer is good. The captain is realistic… credit there mate, I hate clichés and you’re doing the complete opposite… very good.

Now, what about the scenes? You described the opening, a good thing there. And the way your charcthers (sorry for spelling mistake) talk were good as well.

Now what needs to be done about this, to make it better?

I don’t really know what to entirely say about this chapter. Except that I’ve already told you what to do to make the previous chapter better, and that continues on here. Sorry, but if you want to do it better, you’ve got to get more details. Too short description of the office, too little background of the characters, and too little descriptions of the appearance of the characters. Okay, so the captain is a ancestor of captain smith,, so you compare him tohis acenstor. Good, but what cloth does he wear, what eye colour does he have?

You’ve got more to describe, and not just what I’ve told you, but also how they talk to each other, how their reactions are.

Example, when one person wrote on one story I Seen it says. “Well, nothing. In fact there’s only an enormous white shark that swims peacefully along the coast”

Now, right now I think the character is sarcastic. I think!

You have the reader guess on, how the character is saying it, and besides that, who is it? What character in the story was saying that line? Gary or Evelyn, which one said it?

Instead he should have written it like this…

“Well, nothing. In fact there’s only an enormous white shark that swims peacefully along the coast – Gary said, his voice dripping with sarcasm”

Or if it has to fit the rest of the sentences, “Gary said, his voice filling more and more with sarcasm”

These are two ideas to, how you can tell the reader who and how the character says it.

Now, last but not least, you’ve got errors, and some of them are actually bothering me.

What did the beginning of the sentence mean exactly… because I got confused the first time I read it.

Now (I use that word a lot, don’t I) you’re still rushing it too much. I understand why you wan to have more action, less descriptions, but you’re still having too little of it.

However, this is your story, not mine. You decide what to write, how to write and when to write.

If you don’t want to write it differently, then that’s okay. This is my opinion on it, and I don’t expect you to follow up on it.

Anyway, I hope to see more works from you in the near future.

Keep it up, and good luck, mate ;)
christygglpn chapter 3 . 3/17/2011
ok thanks sam for heads up yes i had thought about having the titanic sink in story but no i do not think i would make it sink by striking an iceberg. I'm a bit surprised my story is like the movie since I have never seen previews are anything I have only heard it talked about even than very little. As of yet I'm still not sure how my ship will sink if it does.
sam fraser chapter 1 . 3/17/2011
here my opninon on it,

The film takes place in 2012, 100 years since the sinking of the RMS Titanic. A new luxury cruise liner, the Titanic II, is soon to embark on her maiden voyage, on the same route the Titanic took 100 years before. During the voyage, an iceberg comes onto her path and her crew must prevent her from suffering the same fate of her predecessor.

the Titanic II sank, sharing the same fate of her predecessor.

What do I think of the film? Well, I'll tell you. I was really not happy nor was I pleased with the way it went when I soon found out. It was complete screw up, a total flop! The movie was so bad! After all, the film did not fair well with critics and the public, resulting in a rating of 2.4/10 on the Internet Movie Database. if Titanic II had not suffered the same fate as Titanic then the film would've been more better and not a repeat of a disaster that happen many years ago.

This film should've been released two years late and it should have been directed by a more better director and a more improved cast and it should have been based on the real Titanic.

The only thing I like about the movie is the Titanic II herself. I only like the ship, her captain and the music that played in the film. The only scene that I like in the film is when the Titanic II is first seen and christened and when she leaves New York. Oh and I also like the DVD cover of Titanic II.

In my opinion, this is the worst Titanic film ever!
christygglpn chapter 2 . 3/16/2011
I have never seen titanic 2 sam. I don't mean to base it off that movie. If it is similar sorry. I write for fun. For my first work i think pretty good. But like a movie you will always have your critics.
sam fraser chapter 2 . 3/16/2011
this reminds me of that Titanic 2 movie, wanna my opinon on that movie?
christygglpn chapter 1 . 3/15/2011
Im not exactly sure why my story isnt showing up under titanic i deleted and resubmitted still not showing up. And fanfic not responding to email