Reviews for Red Geass
sacke110 chapter 6 . 2/5
Ugh... for my favorite TV-character to loose in such a way... A silent moment for Jane.
Although, this story was well written, you’re really good at writing.
WildNoa13474 chapter 6 . 7/27/2017
This is amazing. Jane's reaction is pure gold.
Above the Winter Moonlight chapter 6 . 6/9/2017
Wow. This was a good story and Jane finding out that Lelouch is Zero and Lelouch is an exiled prince all within only a few days? Nice. Good job.
SomebodyLost chapter 6 . 6/4/2017
That was very interesting. It's was awesome to see a murder investigation with an xover. That was really good. Especially when you brought in the Code Geass issues and mixed their implications with the Mentalist.

Nicely done. Thanks for writing!
Esaki Nalex chapter 6 . 5/26/2017
A very well written mashup of these two very different fandoms. It flows well, and seems believable. Very nice!
marsolino chapter 6 . 3/29/2016
I loved it. You managed to capture the characters of the Mentalist crew perfectly. Favorite
Punitor567 chapter 6 . 7/31/2015
I love this. I absolutely LOVE this. It's so unique, so unheard of, and it was pulled off so bloody PERFECTLY.
Magnificent job. Although I'm reading this about five years after it was published, so you might not even see this review. But seriously, this. Was. Magnificent.
10ofHearts chapter 6 . 2/9/2015
bit of an anticlimactic ending, though not really sure what else to expect from it. it seemed like a nice looking battle of wits. anyway still liked it, kinda.
Komiv chapter 6 . 9/29/2014
Loved this so much-had trouble reading it in the beginning because I was laughing too hard at Lelouch vs Jane and everyone. Really liked how you constructed the investigation and set the two series in relation to each other. Also, "Holy shit, you're Lelouch vi Britannia" might be one of my favorite lines ever if only because of the effect.
chibikaty chapter 6 . 8/23/2014
I like the ending.
knightfell chapter 6 . 8/17/2014
My two favourite series! I'm so glad I found this; I enjoyed this very much :3
Sapadu chapter 6 . 6/30/2013
I ONLY just realized that you ended the last chapter with Jane sleeping on a couch (when he's supposed to be working) and with a magazine over his face and start THIS chapter with Lelouch sleeping on the roof (when he's supposed to be in class) with a book over his face. That's BRILLIANT!
The way that everything in this chapter plays out is practically stone-cold perfect. I love the tension and the almost in-the-same-room-as-the-killer vibe that Jane's scene with Lelouch plays with. I love how cold and diabolical Lelouch is when his cover is blown. I love how CC just starts cackling when Jane figures out that Lelouch is a prince - and the way Lelouch lampshades how STUPID it is that Jane cowers at the idea of Lelouch being a prince (an abandoned prince, with no power, and obviously in a very vulnerable state if he's trying to HIDE his identity) while he doesn't balk at Lelouch being a terrorist, willing to kill, with a gun… It's all just so GOOD.
The only thing that drags this down from being a solidly perfect story for me is the ending - it's anti-climactic, but that's fine given the cerebral nature of the battles here. No, what throws me is why would Lelouch think Jane useful for the Black Knights? He's not a military leader, has no experience in command, strategy, or even piloting - he's closer to a detective, and that's not really something the Black Knights would have much use for. If anything, having someone as smart as Jane in the ranks would be a THREAT to Lelouch, because, even with the Geass to forget about the Lelouch LamperougeZeroLelouch vi Britannia thing, Jane could figure out several other things that Zero would rather the lower ranks of the Black Knights didn't know about. And Jane wouldn't be particularly useful as a contact or inside man with the police - as he, himself, reminds Lelouch, he's not a cop. It just struck me as odd. But - again! This is my fourth time reading this and that only NOW occurred to me, when I really stopped to think about it! That's seriously good!
Sapadu chapter 5 . 6/30/2013
Aaaand… immediately after the touching, heartfelt scene in the last chapter, an immediate dive into Suzaku's hatred of Zero… RIGHT IN FRONT OF LELOUCH! Just… wow, the dramatic irony was so good that I honestly thought I was reading an official script that was PLANNING for… I dunno, a TV movie special crossover between these two. And then, it's topped off with psyche-diving for Lelouch and exploring HIS motives for being so die-hard to defend Suzaku (with just enough breather room and some comedy and developing their friendship a little) And THEN, you finished it with a neat, simple reason for why the ABI will be involved in Code Geass no longer - bureaucracy! AND THEN! Jane has a revelation that, even though I know what's going to happen in the next chapter, still made me go 'Oh shit!' realizing that he figured it out. That's A LOT for one chapter… and it works perfectly because of the pacing AND because you gave each sequence just enough breathing room with little interactions between Jane and Van Pelt (again, I see the Shirley comparisons, which is really great with all the other jerks that seem to occupy the ranks of the ABI) and how all of the others bounce off of each other. Still a great chapter, see you in the finale!
Sapadu chapter 4 . 6/30/2013
Alright, a bit of completely unadulterated Code Geass… and, honestly, I liked the Lelouch in the beginning, like his cold Zero persona was crossing over into Lelouch, and then the transition and contrast with how tender and genuine he becomes with Suzaku. I wonder how different the ending (or, entirety, really) of the show would have been if they'd had this conversation about mourning and acceptance and forgiveness in series. And, of course, it's good to see that CC is her usual apathetic self, even on days when she's wanted for murder. Still loving this.
Sapadu chapter 3 . 6/30/2013
I'll admit, Lelouch was a little (LITTLE) disappointing in this chapter, what with giving into Jane's bait so easily. On the other hand, I keep rereading the interaction and wondering if it's really, secretly a win for Lelouch BECAUSE he deliberately gave in when Jane was clearly expecting more of a fight and he KNOWS that… or if maybe Lelouch was somehow brain-ninja-ing Jane with the whole conversation. It IS Lelouch - you never know.
The bit with Lloyd and Cecile was great, as well as psyche-diving into Suzaku's character - It worked for not only character, but also for how it affected the detectives, how it plays into the drama, and adds to the heartwarming feeling after it's obvious that he's not as alone as he thinks. And, one last tidbit - again, I've never seen the Mentalist, so I don't know about the characterizations of the detectives. However - the parallel you drew between Van Pelt and Shirley in chapter one just came back at the end of this chapter, and I think it was great. Maybe it's correct, maybe it's not, but I loved it.
55 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »