Reviews for Living on the Edge
MadaleineWinchester chapter 1 . 9/7
The idea of a badboy version of both boys does unsettle me a little bit. Obviously, since I'm a fan of the show, it's going to be quite difficult for me to imagine them as such. However, from all the positive reviews you have received, it seems you may have done a very good job with it, and so I'm willing to give this fic a read. I shall be reviewing along the way. :)
klu chapter 1 . 1/23
I reviewed this when I read it initially, and wanted to do so again, so I'm leaving a review here instead of at the end...
Just read this all the way through for the second time and it was just as much fun as it was initially.

I think that this work is enjoyable and has a lot of depth in terms of its emotional range, plot and character development and creativity (plus the sexy/smutty parts are incredibly HOT). You did an excellent job with building your OCs and setting up the OOC dynamic for Dean and Sam.

However, the frequency of easily corrected spelling/grammatical errors is incredibly distracting and often take a reader out of the emotional 'moment' because mentally I'm correcting/editing versus getting swept up in the characters' situations. I really think you'd be doing yourself (and your readers) a favor by going back over these chapters and just correcting mistakes.
It's a shame that this would occur - your work is too strong to let these errors bring it down from "super" to only "acceptable".
Consider reposting the story with a note in the summary. You'll likely reach new readers who missed the posting the first time, so that's a plus too...
I realize nothing is error-free, and I'm not trying to nit-pick. But, you have a lot of situations where things should be plural/possessive and are not, or are and shouldn't be. Also, there are many situations where a word is simply missing a letter.
I plan to read more of your work, straight away. Based on this piece and just the summaries of other pieces, these errors are common in your work. I encourage you to consider a Beta for future postings; as I've said your work is entertaining, emotional and powerful- it's a shame to let things like spelling detract from the main message.

Anyhow, thanks for writing.
klu chapter 40 . 8/31/2014
I really enjoyed this story and appreciated that it ended 'happily' but not necessarily "happily ever after". The fact that Jaime showed a darker side and accepted Dean's darker points, versus just trying to completely being him into the light was genuinely refreshing for a change. Also, the fact that Dean has made attempts to change, like his attempt at letting Lance go, especially after Lance's actions nearly cost not only Dean something he loved, but nearly cost Sam his children and Alice her life... That was showing Dean was capable of change. The fact that Dean didn't immediately kill him after hearing the man admit what he'd done was proof enough that Dean could and would be continuing to try to change, but that he wasn't going to completely go back to being a 'good guy'' either.
You did an excellent job balancing that. Sam's continued attempts at being 'better' for the sake of his family - and still failing by overcorrecting were a necessary step for him to take; I thought you did a good job showing his swing through that.
I also appreciated Castiel appearing directly to Sam versus the way he helped Jamie after Dean's prayer. In Dean's case, his prayer and faith was answered by granting the reward of what he needed and she was healed enough to pull through without a 'miracle resurrection'. But in Sam's case, what he needed was to see that it wasn't ever that their medical conditions that would cost him Alice and his children - for they were always meant to pull through, it was his actions that would drive them away. Just as, apparently, the brothers' actions drove Cas away.
Again, this was an enjoyable read and I'll be checking out more of your work soon.
Thanks for writing.
klu chapter 7 . 8/31/2014
Loving this so far. It's a little hard for me to see Dean and Sammy in these misogynistic roles, but that's because you are doing such an amazing job writing it so convincingly...

My heart's been breaking for Alice since you introduced her; first because, like Jamie, I knew her belief that Sam cared for her was more of a fantasy she'd created than reality and then because she saw that fantasy crumble. I seriously shattered more for Alice over that than when Jamie was kidnapped at gunpoint. I do realize it's because Alice's life was already so completely and utterly craptastic that she believed her forced slavery/forced sex trade was a 'dream come true' and then her little dream world was broken... Leaving her with a whole new bunch of jack-squat. But still, I should have -just maybe - been a little more appalled at the kidnapping. Maybe I need therapy or something? Or, being kidnapped by Dean just doesn't seem 'that bad', no matter what that his personality is that of a murderous sociopath, he's still sooo pretty. Yeah, that probably,definitely still means I need therapy, maybe. :}

Thanks for writing!
thekeeperoftime chapter 24 . 10/22/2013
Hooray for Bobby being back. Love it thus far!
Twylaheart chapter 40 . 5/24/2013
Update please
Yuriku chapter 1 . 2/1/2013
*Q* o yea bad boys Dean and Sam I like - like it
Kat469 chapter 40 . 12/5/2012
Fantastic story! Had me hooked from the start and I've struggled to put it down! Looking forward to reading the next one - I have it bookmarked and am going to start it later! Very well written, the mature content didn't sound cheesy (makes a change) and great story plot! Keep up the great work x
SolarSailor chapter 40 . 8/4/2012
Such a fantastic story, I hated to see it come to an end! Loved it!
sniffer8purple chapter 16 . 2/26/2012
This chapter was soooo sad I wanted her to go over and be like thank you to her uncle but then turn back to Dean whyy... It's soo sad *starts crying* But your storie is really good keep writing all in all
Emily Rush chapter 40 . 8/15/2011
this story is super intense. i didn't think i would like it but i just couldn't stop reading and eventually found myself geting seriously into it.
Sparkly Blue Eyes chapter 40 . 8/14/2011

Do you know how sad i am to see the story ended? I have loved this from chapter 1 til 40 and OMG i am depressed ( This was an amazing read babe and you did an awesome job! You always do, you kept the story moving, you kept it exciting, you kept it awesome and you are brilliant writer! Don't let anyone tell you different!

I especially liked this chapter being done from everyone's POVs, that was a very nice touch and holy crap did you keep them all in perfect character! Amazing! You had me tearing up, smirking and giggling along with them - truly a brilliant ending!

I would hope you'd do a sequel of some kind, i'd love to know how things are going with Jamie and Dean on the road and big bad Sammy being a daddy with Alice! This was AWESOME my friend, you truly are gifted! Love ya girl *HUGS*

MrsMercer chapter 40 . 8/12/2011
Awww what a great ending to an amazing story! must do a sequel. Aww Alice and Sam have the babies and Dean and Jamie have each other. Too Cute.
Dawnie-7 chapter 40 . 8/11/2011
Perfect ending, sincerely. Clarity for one couple and the unknown for the other. A nice balance. Again, I've enjoyed every bit of it and again, you're great!
Dawnie-7 chapter 39 . 8/11/2011
Perhaps this is the fluff lover in me, but that was the best. chapter. yet. :) ...and I'm glad Lance is dead :)