Reviews for My Immortal
EclipseMars117 chapter 2 . 1/18
Sooo bad very bad ...
I'm pretty sure i lost like 50% of my brain cells. and i feel like stabbing myself in the eye with a fork.
i think i need to go lie down
Ava chapter 11 . 1/18
The sheer amount of mental capacity required to write such a magnificent piece of literature is astounding. This author is one of a kind. Her incredibly detailed descriptions really set the mood for the gothic crowd (because I've never seen such an accurate representation of goths in my entire existence) and her taste in bands is amazing. The fic is also well-balanced between romance, drama, and action, especially since Ebony is such a beautiful, goth character and everyone is in love with her. Her band, Blody Gothik Rose 666 is such a talented band, I wish it actually existed. I feel so bad for Ebony because she is forced to go through so much in her depressed and gothic life. Everyone really connects with these characters on an emotional level (EXCEPT FOR DA PREPZ COZ UR ALL HATRS) What a beautifully written story. I'm looking forward to a sequel.
Ryugafangirl chapter 6 . 1/18
Marvellous! Marvellous! This is an awesome piece of literature. Someone get me a gun and a printed copy of this story. I'm gonna make my teachers read it and conquer the world with just one book! ...and then use the gun to kill myself. (Btw, I think I'm turning into a masochist for reading this...)

How old is the author when she wrote this? She seemed like a young childish pose goth who doesn't even know what a dictionary is... .-. Must be humiliated by the world now, even though this most memorable creation of hers was from a decade ago.
The sheer amount of detail each chapter has is just astounding. I cannot even wrap my head around the complexity and depth of this piece of literary genius. Shakespeare himself, if he ever read this, would weep tears of unadulterated joy over this masterpiece. Why this is not a published book yet, or even a film, I have no idea whatsoever. The author, which I assume attends Harvard, with all the wisdom of the English language she possesses, makes such a gripping tale. It contains so much passion and emotion, forcing the reader to cry, smile and burn with anger right along with the characters. Also, her desire to list off every single item of clothing, that everyone is wearing, in detail, takes a determination that is most admirable. She also obviously has the best writing editor in the known universe, as every single sentence is grammatically correct, as if a dictionary threw up all over her story, and what a result that gives us all! All the characters are perfectly written, each with unique personalities and traits so much like the original books, I'm surprised J.K Rowling herself didn't write this! However, what I like most about this beautifully spun tale of emotion and adventure, is not all of the above, though they are admirable components of My Immortal. No, it's the way it connects not just to me, but to all of us, on a personal level. It shows the pain and suffering of the depressed, the difficulties of school life, love, devotion, anger and happiness. It even contains references to popular music culture and fashion trends! It's all just so wonderful and realistic that you forget that this isn't fact, but entirely fiction. This is what My Immortal does to each of us. It connect on such a personal level, so deep inside our souls, that we literally fall into the story, completely forgetting the world around us, absorbed in the troubles and triumphs of Miss Ebony. Oh, and do not fret, I haven't forgot the pièce de résistance that is; the Author Notes.
These beautiful little tibits of information on the mastermind behind all the joy we feel. She even tries to connect to twelve year old youth by using as much internet slang and word-play as humanly possible. Sure, she may have some minor sentence structure and spelling errors, but I think she does it on purpose, to remind us that she is a human, not the literal Godess we believe her to be, and therefore fully connecting to each and every one of our lucky souls.
I give My Immortal /10, because something so spectacular can't be contained by numbers or fractions.
I sincerely hope there will be a sequel.
Reddd321 chapter 2 . 1/17
I would like to extend a warm and sincere "fangz" to Ms. Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way. Not only for so accurately representing those suffering with depression but for graciously enlightening me on how fragile love can be. I'll never again put my "thingie" in anyone's "you-know-what" without first checking for tattoos revealing any homosexual past my partner may have had.
thebrontide chapter 1 . 1/17
This hurts. This hurts so bad.
Lazy AF chapter 6 . 1/17
Someone, please. Take this work of art to J. K. Rowling herself XD

-(My Mind is a Nomad)
AHAJAGAHAHAHAHAHA THIS IS JUST SO FUCKING WRONG ITS ACTUALLY FUNNY AHAH IM DYING THIS IS SO BAD HELLLPPPPPPPP 0_0 :D
gofficprepz chapter 8 . 1/17
Why isn't this an official published work? The flawless grammar, the amazing characters... It's a crime.
Dude Person Bruh chapter 7 . 1/17
omg best ever 10/10 would recommend also STOP FLAMIGNG U PREPZ
guardianofdragonlore chapter 2 . 1/16
The first three sentences I had to give up reading, it was so bad.
tenaciousToxophilite chapter 11 . 1/16

i think im going to contemplate my life choices now for a while
Dara chapter 2 . 1/16
I think the author's trying to be way too dark here. It ends up more emo and ridiculous. I'm a goth myself, and really, this isn't how we are at all.
3,499 | « Prev Page 1 .. 35 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 55 .. Last Next »