Reviews for Corruption
massivelyattacked chapter 1 . 5/11/2011
I really enjoyed this. This is a great look into how Orsino must attempt to justify his actions in later acts. I imagine there would be quite a bit of inner turmoil for him - such a tragic character really.

The only confusion I have is that the letter from Quentin is delivered after Leandra's death is common knowledge. At that point, Quention would be dead...unless this is a really slow and tedious messenger. Just wondering if this is an intentional timeline or if it's an oversight.

Regardless, I enjoy your writing style - I'll be checking out more. Thanks!
Riana1 chapter 1 . 3/28/2011
awesome insight here.
LucMcDohl chapter 1 . 3/21/2011
A wonderful story. It's so sad but true.

Maybe there's no way to jusitfy what he had done at the end of the game, but your story really captures his struggles...make me want to know more about what he used to be.

Please write more if you have chance:)
Sarah1281 chapter 1 . 3/17/2011
Oh yes, he just HAD to enable the man who killed Leandra. Still, this story really made me sympathize with Orsino, especially the part where he was surprised to see two mages acting normal. I liked the part where he terrified the dwarf that startled him. You really get a sense of Orsino's feelings of frustration and helplessness here.
North Light36 chapter 1 . 3/17/2011
Very sad, but well written. It's a good insight into what might have lead to the First Enchanter making the choices he did in the end.
silentstephi chapter 1 . 3/16/2011
Faaaaaaaaantastic story. I love it.

Here's some grammar errors I was able to pick out though:

"but I can remember the day I arrived as clearly as ever."

the but seems unnecessary

"For so long I did not see the walls and the bars as imprisonment [but] as protection."

[] is me.

"The little braids in his dwarf [beard?] quiver as he continues to shake."

"I[t] did not take me long to figure out who was doing them and why"