Reviews for Heavy In Your Arms
The-Freckled-Mouse chapter 2 . 8/6/2013
This has to be without a doubt the best fanfiction I have ever read. It's so professional and heart-breaking at yet at the same time relates perfectly with the game and it's characters. This is just... amazing, and I like how you added Flemeth's advice into it :D Flemeth is one of my favourite characters :P

This is amazing and a joy to read :D
Shadowhawke chapter 1 . 5/26/2013
Wow. Just wow. Strong, cutting, emotional, amazing. Thank you.
RedIn chapter 1 . 3/11/2013
I have to say, your story is excellent. The complicated, elaborated dance between the two...just heart breaking. I couldn't stop reading and loved every sentence. No b&w characters and a great depth. Anders is a very complicated character, one of my favorites in DA games. It is kind of sad and spooky to see his change through the game and I think you captured it into a very reliable version.
Anonymous chapter 1 . 2/5/2013
That was absolutely marvellous. You have captured Anders' voice completely, and your Hawke's voice is dark and realistic. They just both felt so ... human. The ending, the culmination of their initially clashing ideas, is satisfyingly cathartic and was executed perfectly. I never thought a rivalmance, let alone a pro-Templar Mage Hawke, could ever be justifiable, but this was so beautiful I am even actually considering starting another playthrough with a rivalmancing Hawke (I admit; I have never really played a rivalmance with anyone excluding Fenris). I hope to see more of your work in the future. You have definitely gained another follower!

Cheers!
Cheggcurse chapter 2 . 9/8/2012
Loved it. It was a great read.
Lexicer chapter 2 . 8/2/2011
This was fantastic. Moving and thought-provoking. Your Hawke (and your Anders as well) is very original and you should be proud.
lifeotto chapter 2 . 5/5/2011
lovely, sad, but lovely. So short yet reveals so much of the character.
Madam Grey chapter 2 . 4/13/2011
Wow. I wish the game had ended like this. Without going into a rant about it, I felt you did an amazing job of bring together what the game tried to get across. After I finished my playthrough I felt that Hawke had no choice (as Flemeth had warned, I suppose), and while Hawke didn't, they had the choice to seize the oppurtunity. Fantastic story, it should almost be a review of the game! haha. I loved your writing, it was so captivating. The end of Anders pov was very touching: a wonderful end, perfectly bittersweet. Hawke's character development was fantastic. I don't have any criticisms... I suppose the dialogue was oddly formated, but it doesn't really matter. Thank you for writing this!
MsMageHeart chapter 1 . 4/1/2011
You are a phenomenal writer. This was a truly tragic story, but even so, I could not help but read it over and over again. And although I was not a fan of your Hawke (a bit cold-hearted for my taste), your Anders is just how I imagined him. Your writing, and this dynamic between hate, love, and obssession produced what was a believable representation of their relationshop, and I commend you for that.

"I don't hate you. I love you with every fiber of my being. I have done nothing but crave you, and I can't think of anything more. I lay awake aching for you. My hands, Hawke... My fingers are blistered from writing, and I can't sleep. It is too much."

Such powerful words. They left me with chills.
Wulphe chapter 2 . 3/31/2011
I found something on youtube, thought you might be interested. Happy coincidence, or something more?

watch?vN6hKg-oqbME
Matyrfae chapter 2 . 3/29/2011
No words...no words can express...holy hell...

This is...my god I don't know, but the power and depth of this pairing has left me stunned.

Your writing is beautiful, expressive, brilliant and dark, intense and epic beyond what I thought was possible. I actually feel numb and a bit empty that all I can do is add this to my favorites list.

You are a truly talented writer who took the personality and philosophy I thought impossible to justify and you made its understanding crystal clear.

Very rarely have I come across a character that makes me both love and hate it almost with each sentence...I found my thoughts on your Hawke changing every other word it seemed. And your Anders...I can't...can't even express how much I love what you did with his character.

Holy hell...just...damn...This is a work of pure genius and I applaud you my friend.
definestupid chapter 2 . 3/29/2011
loved it
WesternFish chapter 2 . 3/28/2011
Doood~ That was so ohm-nohm good! Really, it was...just awsome. It made me angry, sad, and amazed at the same time!
Katallina chapter 2 . 3/27/2011
Extremely well written and well thought out. I really enjoyed that. :)
Gene Dark chapter 2 . 3/24/2011
Wow - this fic is brilliantly written. Maybe it's just me, but I sided with the Templars quite naturally when playing as mageHawke. Why? Because my brother was one, and loyalty to family came before loyalty to random group of people who happen to share the same genetic condition as me. IMO a person would have to have very strong, fanatical convictions to decide otherwise. I never had the feeling the mages were *my people* in the way that I felt the Alienage were *my people* during my CE playthrough in DAO...

That said, I really enjoyed the romance between your Hawke and Anders. A co-dependant relationship in which both push each other to extremes? Or a healthy intellectual and moral rivalry? It's ambiguous, which makes the story compelling. The dialogue is taut and passionate - my personal fave is: "Without protection, we wallow in ruin...you are the only person who reminds me I am a man and not a curse." The sense of two people breaking through the morass of ideology was touching. I've never romanced Anders in-game - I was holding out for Varric :) - but you have inspired me to try the rivalmance path. No trying to *fix* a guy, but a contest of equals...