Reviews for Failsafe
gaurdian9sunshine chapter 1 . 2/25/2012
I thought Hawke would kill Anders at the end. So glad he didn't. Loved it!
angnheadly chapter 1 . 5/23/2011
Just beautiful,very very moving, brilliant writing.
GamberDragon chapter 1 . 4/28/2011
*sniffles* Oh goodness, that was wonderful...Sad, and I've had a playthrough that was very much like this, but a great read. I can't see why there isn't more Male Hawke/Anders around. Great story! .
red lilies chapter 1 . 4/20/2011
Fantastic. I loved so many of the lines in this - it was a wonderful read, and I enjoyed every line. I especially liked the descriptions on how it felt to a Templar and the expected duties. Lovely.

ArcturasB chapter 1 . 3/31/2011
Sounds like my first play through. It broke my heart.
Drustanus chapter 1 . 3/30/2011
Wonderfully worded, not a single sentence felt cheesy or over the top. It seemed to sum up the entire storyline with no slow pacing or redundant descriptions. Just thoughts of a strong, yet emotionally worn out man.

Unlike a lot of fan fiction, it brought a level of depth to the main character that is really plausible in terms of the original game story. Reading it, I got that steadily growing feeling of tension, similar to the one when I neared the end of Act III on my first playthrough and it's not often that I feel affected in any way by fan-made stories (caught this on BSN).

I was actually planning to make this a longer review, but I find I don't have the time, so this will suffice for now.

You are talented. Keep writing.
tectrices chapter 1 . 3/26/2011
Oh, this was really, really lovely. Wonderfully written - and you've really captured all the emotion between them. And the end? Ugh, slammed right into me.

Great fic, thanks so much for sharing!
Falafal chapter 1 . 3/26/2011
Fabulous story!
Raven Jadewolfe chapter 1 . 3/22/2011
that is heart breaking
Crimson1 chapter 1 . 3/21/2011
My own M!Hawke's story went a little differently, being a Rogue and siding with the mages almost entirely throughout, even helping Anders when I knew he was hiding something big from me, but what you captured here even being rivalry over my own friendship romance, still gets perfectly at the heart of what it was to love Anders in this game. I was so angry with him, so horrified at what he had done and how he hadn't trusted me enough to tell me the truth, and could Hawke possibly not stand beside him to the bitter end, even if it means a life on the run, forever questioning if he did the right thing.

Well done!
Nejiiro Neko chapter 1 . 3/18/2011
Beautifully written
MissPumpkinHead chapter 1 . 3/18/2011
That was beautiful. And it's so good to see some male Hawke/Anders. Thank you for writing this.
Mighty Crouton chapter 1 . 3/18/2011
That was a lovely story. I liked the contrast of a Templar and Mage relationship. Malcolm Hawke's voice, though brief, was also a welcome embellishment.

There needs to be more Rival!Anders fics. I found his rival relationship to be so much more interesting and complex than the friendship path, and it's refreshing to see someone's take on it.
IdealisticSoul chapter 1 . 3/17/2011
Great work!

I loved the Hawke as a templar idea! I can imagine Anders yelling “YOU'RE A TEMPLAR! I HATE TEMPLARS”!

The way you expressed her feelings... it was absolutely great.

The end of the DA2 was a very dramatic one indeed... I couldn't just kill Anders even if I knew that it would have been the right thing to do... justice for the victims, of course. He was a criminal, but still, I could not do it.

Eventually I chose to run away... together. I could never do it any other way.

And now I'm feasting on fanfic about how their story would continue... figures! ;-)

I love the way you describe feelings. Please write more.

It would be interesting to see Anders and Justice perspective now... in another chapter or another story. Just a thought. ;-)
Galen Hithwen chapter 1 . 3/17/2011
Very nice indeed :) there's not nearly enough good slash stories in this fandom but I very much enjoyed this. Thank you for a good read .