Reviews for Privateers
Daft Prince chapter 5 . 10/24/2012
It's about time this story had some... shipping! (Ba-Dum-Tish!)
Tataiha chapter 10 . 10/23/2011
I hate Steve. I really hate Steve. I loathe him... and poor Harvey. And his crew. And Chad and Maurice.

Having short hair is cold... How'd everything freeze over so fast? And I gotta say... I should have seen the asparagus sea coming.
madier1095 chapter 10 . 8/12/2011
Wow, you have no idea how ironic reading the part about the sea of asparagus was for me.

Basically, I had asparagus with dinner and my brother and I started quoting that one episode...then twenty minutes later I starte to read this and there it it. Pretty ironic if you ask me. (you're probably thinking, "why'd she just tell me all of that?" Haha, I have no idea why I did.)
Tataiha chapter 9 . 7/3/2011
I feel sorry for Lance now, he's not really dejected I know but he's basically got to run the ship by himself now. Patton's still hung up over the whole missing Fanny huh? Is he ever going to snap out of it I wonder. I hope he does.

The Mad Monday is in some strange netherworld and I don't understand what is happening. And WHAT is with the fish? That's really really scary and to be honest gross. So I'm scared for them. Where ever they are, they have got to leave, I don't want them dead.:C

And last but no least Mary-Lou. She kinda did get her just desserts, at least that's what I felt at the beginning, and then Virgina started to say stuff and now I kinda feel guilty for thinking that way. I'm not sure what to think now, mixed feelings.

Anyway~ I'm glad you've finally got this story going again, so happy. Nothing to report here captain other than everything is running smoothly.

Numbuh 1008 out
Numbuh 1008 chapter 8 . 6/30/2011
Well well well, and I thought you had dropped off the face of the earth.

Nah I'm just kidding ya, I read your profile so I knew where you were. Anyway~

Whatever pacing issues that were there before, and I'm not sure where exactly they were because it's been a while, have been resolved so it's a nice smooth read now, everything flows nicely now. So Yay!

Also, thanks for rewriting that whole Patton-creeper thing that was going on. Ya it was kinda funny the first time around but this is way better. Kinda funny how easily he falls for her. Most people write them as two very angry people who need one or the other to break or submit or something, though admittedly they're kids so they don't approach anything anyway near as mature as these two do. I'm glad these two work it out civilly and come to an understanding friend stage or sorts. Waiting to see how this will work out, I'm hoping Thad gets hit in the face or something.

As for the boys, well, Patton seems like he's closer to the two of them. Not really really close but he knows them as his crew, on a professional level where as before they seemed to know of each other but not really KNOW each other... you know. I like how Paddy points out now that Patton is starting to cross that professional line concerning his sister, really brings it into the light for all of us.

All in all, good job on rewriting the chapter, it turned out really well.
madier1095 chapter 9 . 6/26/2011
I like this story too. It's so interesting because I know nothing about ships and their ranking system. And all my favorite characters are in it.
Tataiha chapter 8 . 5/16/2011
Tense issues. I still love your imagery though.

I’m curious as to know what that extra star is now, my bet is that it’s a ufo.

I can’t imagine Thad getting mad and growling. It just turns into like… this high pitched irritation in my mind. His fingers are proof. And I still can’t believe that Thad is doing so much for Fanny. Seriously.

Okay, I feel like somehow Patton got this sudden, weird stalker-like fascination with Fanny. Why do I feel this way? And I can’t for the life of me figure out how he knows her name and why he would pick her to talk to specifically. I mean, doesn’t he know any other girls? What? Does his stubble scare people or something? And he has this like, unexplained LIKE for her. I dunno, seems sudden and it appears they only just met you know.

Okay… I take it back about Thad, I’m mad now. Props to you Paddy, you have my respect.

Once again there were some pacing issues. But I loved the character interaction between the boys and Patton especially since we get to see him so much this chapter. Huurrrrr~

Numbuh 1008 out.
Tataiha chapter 7 . 5/16/2011
Sorry this is way over due, I should have gotten this up like, last week.

Anyway, I’m glad you put the pirates in there! Woot! And I like Mary-Lou and everything because she’s so entertaining but I wouldn’t let her steer my ship if I knew she would just stop doing her job and start praying during stressful times. Though Rachel did make a really good, what, argument? Ya.

When I ask fo' peanut butter, you get me some damn peanut butter! I love this line. Really, I do. And I love how it sounds so KND like but it actually works in real life too.

Gasp! They littered! That peanut butter jar and gum wads are going to ruin the environment! Sorry, I had to say it…

Oooh, she just called you sugar free! Glad Stickybeard is still all sugar and spice and everything pirate-y. You expect too much of him Rachel. I hope Sticky lives, he’s so much fun.

I can sorta tell you didn’t spend too much time on this chapter because the pacing is a little messed up, and some of the sentences don't flow wit hthe rest of the story. Kay, have fun puking over the stern! Okay bye! No seriously bye. Kay I’m going now. Seeya!
madier1095 chapter 8 . 5/14/2011
Wow, I really like this story! I can't wait for the next chapter.
UnactiveAccount-ActingArchive chapter 7 . 5/7/2011
I don't know why I am only reviewing now but I've been following this story and I love it very much. You manage to stay true to the character's traits and you are very creative. I do have a suggestion though, unless you are doing it but I think you should add the Teen Ninjas in the mix also (ex. Cree or Chad and company) becuase that would make it more chaotic but the good kind. Anyway, I love this so far. Keep writing!
Markus Wolfe chapter 7 . 5/6/2011
Hold on, let me just try to count the episodes you've referenced...

: P.I.R.A.T.E., because you can't have Stickybeard and Numbuh Five onscreen at the same time without referencing that episode in a minor way. It just doesn't feel right otherwise.

: L.I.C.O.R.I.C.E., via the sugar chugging.

: A.F.L.O.A.T., via the great white asparagus beast.

That's definitely 3, possibly 4, because the whole 'use peanut butter to make gum less sticky' thing definitely sounds like something Mr. Warbuton would come up with. If this was your own idea, then I offer my sincerest congratulations: you've figured out to tap into the pulse of the KND universe.

Good job on introducing Stickybeard. I can't wait to see what you'll do next.
Tataiha chapter 6 . 4/30/2011
I congragulate you, you never cease to surprise me.

I knew exactly who you were talking about 464 words into the chapter about the pinky part and the tea. Ya. Who would think huh?

And you actually made 19th century not a TOTAL jackass. He came floating for her, on a door. Which is kinda surprising because I expected no less then a cruise ship or row boat. At least a row boat. And he does seem to be genuinely in love with her and actually kinda desperate since he came after her during war on a door. Which is kinda... romantic but seriously dumb.

Oh! And I love the part where Paddy just wants to knock this guy's block off, seriously who knew. I was always under the impression that Fanny's siblings were too afraid to love her.

Ya, anyway, props dude.

End Transmission
Markus Wolfe chapter 5 . 4/23/2011
Interesting stuff. Always good to see stuff like this; not so much 'alternate universe' as much as 'alternate setting'. And how you've done the setting isn't that shabby either.

It's good to see that Wally, Patton and most of the crew are grog-guzzling gits. It's a characterization that suits them all nicely. In fact, the characterization has been pretty good all around.

If I was in your position, there would be 3 things I would thinking about:

1) Stickybeard. He's already a pirate to begin with, so he's simply got too much potential not to use. Question is, what is he going to be like compared to his usual self? Is he exploiting the war to it's fullest extent, plundering both sides? Or does he too operate as a 'privateer', and if so, for whom?

2) When Wally's falling overboard. Like Stickybeard, the embarrassment/absurdity of being on a boat and not knowing how to swim combined with whatever excuse/explanation he might come up with ("The sea was full of jellies and sharks, all the fresh water's got monster crocs in it, where was I supposed to learn how to swim?") is too good to pass up.

3) References to various episodes. Just references, not full-blown re-enactments.

But of course, you're not me.
Tataiha chapter 5 . 4/22/2011
Did you know that I wait for this every week? I do. Just so you know.

Okay! I'm loving the characterization here, especially Mary-Lou and Virginia, both whom don't get much screen time but are given really suitable personalities here. So as if your story doesn't get enough stars and props already, here's some more.

I'm wondering if the rest of the story is going to be written solely from Eva and Lance's pov because that would mean no monologues from any of the other characters. On the other hand that means we see a lot more of Eva and Lance so let's see,

Also, I'm liking this Fanny/Rachel rumor that Virginia has started, it's hilarious and I'm totally looking forward to seeing how that turns out. And Kimberly/Lance. And Bartie/Virginia... and basically everyone else... next chapter please?
SecretKeeper96 chapter 5 . 4/22/2011
Great story. It is rather attdicting to read.