Reviews for Bright Smiles, Hard Eyes, and Unpleasant Truths
MarburyBlur chapter 1 . 8/3
"Come on Bones. There's a starship up there with my name on it."

"Okay James T. Enterprise."
SVCrystalGreen chapter 1 . 8/1
Excellent story!
Miss Lib93 chapter 1 . 1/21
All I can say about this is I loved it. I've only seen Star Trek Enterprise with Jean Luc-Pacard, but your story made me even more curious to watch Into Darkness (the trailers looked good but I never went to see it). I wanted to cry a lot, then laugh and shout with joy especially at the end with McCoy's speech to the "family". I loved Pike telling Jim how much he meant to him, and hearing how much the other people cared for him. I was fighting back tears for most of the story because my parents were in the room, and I couldn't stop reading until I found out how it ended. I loved this whole thing and it's going into favorites. Thanks for writing and getting me interested
Batsutousai chapter 1 . 12/19/2014
I'm just going to sit here in my puddle of feels for a while. Excuse me...

(It was awesome. Thank you so much for writing this :D )
Aka-Baka Hoshi chapter 1 . 10/29/2014
yay! I love it! And the ending sounds completely Kirk to me.
Warrior717 chapter 1 . 5/18/2014
This story was truly precious to me. Not only do I love your style of writing, but I love the care and devotion you evidently put into these characters. What's more, you kept everyone in character (which is so important to me as that's really what makes the story), you had such a great storyline ( I have always had an interest and soft spot for stories dealing with Kirk's tragic past, and believe it is what made Jim the strong man that he is), and there was just so much emotion in here, but it was never sappy or over the top. The emotion was raw and believable, and incredibly poignant at times.

I was completely drawn in by the paternal love Pike has for Jim, and the brotherly bond Bones has with Jim. I appreciate the fact that you kept this a no slash story, and I wish there were a lot more out there like this. I love the fact that Jim trusted Bones enough to finally open up, and even break, because goodness knows he needed it.

It was sad that Jim never forgave his mother or Sam when the two were trying to make amends, but it was understandable.

I admire your skills as a writer, and I appreciate all the detail you put into this beautiful story. I can't believe that i only just now read it. I look forward to reading more of your star trek stories. :)
Guest chapter 1 . 4/22/2014
Very well written story, love how you handle the emotions. My only problem with STID was that they killed Pike off when that relationship had so much potential for development. Thanks for writing this!
catbob1 chapter 1 . 4/18/2014
Great story. Fantastic, believable ending. Thank you.
HPMARIE chapter 1 . 4/1/2014
i like
Traser SyberJedi chapter 1 . 3/24/2014
I love how you write Star Trek.
sallydeathhands chapter 1 . 3/23/2014
Hey, I understand completely…and agree with you 100 percent. It IS a awesome franchise. Although I was way too young to ever see the Original Star Trek, and I'm quite sure about the others, either. (all I know is my dad used to watch ST-The Next Generation every night at bed when I was a little girl. I'd always wait for Captain Picard say their mission statement.) So I started watching them when I was about eight...but my hero was Commander Riker, not the captain. But I had kind of drifted away from Star Trek…until the movie. And don't worry as I can't count how many times I've watched it. It must have been for research, as you did a wonderful job on it. I didn't see any sign that indicated you struggled with it. A terrific story!
kasey123 chapter 1 . 3/17/2014
Love d it
Mio chapter 1 . 12/29/2013
Wonderful, wonderful story. Thank you for sharing.
Lynea chapter 1 . 12/6/2013
thank you for this story. It will be one of my favourites
Guest chapter 1 . 10/21/2013