Reviews for The Beginning is The End is The Beginning
Errodox chapter 4 . 8/7/2013
Gosh darn this story is amazing. The way you have chose to written is great, however sometimes I get confused if it's completely first person, or like a journal that someone has written. Or it might just be me.
But I love the amount of details, and that 'The Lone Wanderer' actually has feelings. (haha) I mean, in the game you get out of the vault, and then everything is just fine and peachy and you head out to find your dad without really much question about it, and about the world, considering that the person has been in the vault for 19 years. So seeing the wasteland should seem as a shock and something scary.
But you have made it so that the world outside the vault seems so unfamiliar, as it really should be. It's just great!
What really do saddens me though is that I noticed how long it has been since the last update. So, still hoping for an update, since I'm really, really, really loving where this is going, and I still hope for an update.
White Night Dragon chapter 6 . 11/1/2012
Damn, I really enjoyed that so-rare realistic portrair of an all-life Vault Dweller, and it really made me sad to see this story wasn't updated for more than a year. Please, consider returning to it and finishing it, I would really like that! It's great so far, so please, don't stop in it!
1Past and Present1 chapter 6 . 10/5/2011
Greetings, Enigmatic Stranger.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this. It's beautifully written, deep and very, very interesting, especially when the reader realises that the entire life of the unfortunate LW is being narrated to Fawkes. I can't wait to see how their relationship develops later on. Also, I love how you handle your LW's physical 'handicaps' (I don't believe in people being truly disabled - willpower and a positive attitude, combined with knowledge and common sense can push you as far as anybody else) and her personality; the quiet, brusque, cynical yet kind type of girl, it seems. I want you to know that you're doing a great job with this fanfic and I hope you update it soon.

God bless,

-1Past and Present1-
Happy Drifter of Cold Winds chapter 6 . 6/7/2011
There ain't too much Fawkes/LW fiction. I'm happy you are updating this fic, cause it seems promising :) your LW-character is interesting cause she isn't perfect like all the other FLWs out there

Patiently waiting for next update
Shadow-Ocelot chapter 6 . 6/5/2011
Another Update! -cheer- A lovely one at that. Your portrayal of Jericho is awesome, and the way they work together amazingly well thought-out. A lot was told about Meg in just that small bit where she pulled the trigger, unaware that it wasn't loaded. I love how you balance her between realistic and innocently naive, like in the moments she has to go and examine things or collects items. Although that last sentence was what got me, and now I can't help but imagine she's sitting somewhere in the distant future narrating her story to Fawkes. It was definitely an "awww" moment. 3
Lakritzwolf chapter 6 . 6/5/2011
Hrr. It would've never ocurred to me that she's telling the story not to ME but to HIM. How selfish. But I love the twist at the end, from supter mutant to Fawkes. Gave me gooseflesh for a second.

I'm kinda glad she didn't kill Jericho, but I'm still waiting for their...uhm... Fallout. (pun not intented). Well.

Oh, and a great description of the Metro, btw. It's exactly how I feel about them, or rather felt, upon entering them for the first time. You kinda get used to it, after a while.

Great chapter despite its shortness!

PS: Shouldn't it be a 10mm pistol?
Lucidique chapter 6 . 6/5/2011
I am unworthy of such praaaaise. XD You're too sweet.

And I loved this chapter, it really had a lot of detail packed into such a little package. And the way it ended, if you could just see the stars in my eyes. XD Kinda like that lol...

WRITE MORE!

-This review sucks. I apologize.
Shadow-Ocelot chapter 5 . 6/2/2011
Whee! I finally get a chance to review your last two chapters. Which I almost missed in my inbox. I like what you did with Burke. Usually when he gets turned in people have the Lone Wanderer kill him after he kills Simms, but he's escaped here. I wonder if he's going to be a problem (small or large) in the future. Also, I absolutely love Meg's view on the world and humans as she explores the ruins. Her partnership with Jericho is really realistic and believable considering their personalities. I feel like I'm writing a sucky review, blarg, but I don't know what else to say but LOVE THIS, LOVE YOU!
Lucidique chapter 5 . 5/31/2011
Just... Incredible. I'm SO happy that you write. You make me want to write, ummm. Better. XD

The way you write the reflections concerning the Wasteland are so dismal and depressing, you really capture just how bad it is out there. Love it.

What you've done with the dynamic between Meg and Jericho, I can't even put it into words how much I adore it. Yes, it was kinda hard to read about the things that he did to her, because Jericho is a slimy disgusting bastard. But something's about to really snap in Meg, and she is going to find some new strength in her that she had no idea existed. And I can't wait!
Lakritzwolf chapter 5 . 5/30/2011
Do you realise that you almost had me pass out with this chapter? It was first as I leaned back after the very last word that my breath exploded with a huff and I realised that I'd been holding it from the words "The wasteland can swallow you."

Good god, your writing is mesmerising.

And the end... what a cliffhanger! I am not sure if I want her to kill Jericho of if I don't want her to, because it would remove scum from the face of the earth but put another weight on her already ladden conscience.

Hope you really got your writing mojo back, because I can't wait to read on!
Lucidique chapter 4 . 5/29/2011
Let me say it again, how much I adore this story. Meg is such a wonderful character to read about. Her actions and the regrets linked to them... Ugh, I love your writing.

I cannot wait for the Fawkes interaction... XD

UPDATE! ...And while you're at it, Fox/Hound could use an update or 12... *cough*
Lakritzwolf chapter 4 . 5/29/2011
The more I read, the less eager I am to read on. And the more I read, the more anxiously I want to find out what happens next.

This story is just ingenious, because reading it I know what will happen.. and yet, I have no idea what will happen.

Do I make sense? Probably not. Amazed. Hope you find more time and energy to write soon.
Lucidique chapter 3 . 5/5/2011
Oh my goodness. Jericho, I hate you so much. But I love how you wrote him. And please tell me you are eventually going to run into a certain tunnel snake when you get down to Rivet City. The little memories of Butch are just driving me crazy. D
Lucidique chapter 2 . 5/5/2011
Gob isn't even the real focus of your story and yours has to be one of the best-written versions of him I've ever seen. And if I know about anything, it's Gob. *puts on her special Gob Fan Club President badge* What? XD
Lucidique chapter 1 . 5/5/2011
This first chapter alone has blown me away. I could spend days, weeks, even months trying to craft something as eloquently worded as this, and it still wouldn't come close to this. I envy your writing skills so much. I can't wait to read more of this.