Reviews for Slick's Squad - Scars (Chopper)
Kelana-ti chapter 11 . 12/15/2016
Very nice scene in the mess with Spanner. It was sad with Chopper thinking Spin had died, but neat seeing his relief that the tactics they had planned worked.
Liked seeing Rex and Chopper bonding time. “There are no prices for favors…” Poor Chopper. I enjoyed to briefing as well. To know that you’re appreciated is valuable, and until now Chopper didn’t have it.
Kelana-ti chapter 10 . 12/15/2016
Rex is so awesome! He realized what was going on and kept Chopper by his side. Well that’s what a good officer does. Sees what needs doing and does it. This is very touching, though. “Go do this… then return.” Rex’s got your back Chopper!
Kelana-ti chapter 9 . 12/15/2016
Love this chapter! Chopper is bonding with a brother over droid vids… Also love the part about Spin being happy Ahsoka asked his name. It’s hard to imagine what it must be like to have little experience of people outside your family treating you like a person…
Kelana-ti chapter 8 . 12/15/2016
It’s so sad, reading how Chopper is unsure of everyday interaction, of how worthless he feels. It makes sense though. Glad to see Rex giving him a fair chance.
Kelana-ti chapter 4 . 12/14/2016
Love this chapter! Ahsoka was avoiding Zeer because she thought he didn’t like her and he thought she didn’t like him… LOL.
Kelana-ti chapter 3 . 12/14/2016
Names are important for clones, more so than us. That’s an interesting observation—they choose their names, or were gifted with them. For most clones with names anyway—I suppose it would be possible for a clone to get stuck with a name he didn’t really like. *snort* Coric chewing on a nail.
I love this conversation about what a three is! Different culture groups with different terms and slang can have some confusion huh? “You will always be my three.” Very cute.
Although one point to critique, is sometimes you forget to put quotations around a character's words. Neat chapter.
Kelana-ti chapter 2 . 12/13/2016
I’ve read this story before, I decided to reread it and I’m going to leave reviews this time. I’ve gotten in the habit of lurking and am trying to break that, so here goes. :D
Ask Rex! That’s totally Anakin, and he did that on Christophsis too. Poor guy, he didn’t want a padawan now he’s stuck with one. :)
Shocked by betrayal of brothers…
Ahsoka touching the things on Rex’s desk… maybe I’m reading too much into this, but it seems to speak of how comfortable they have become on short notice. As if when Ahsoka is comfortable with someone, she unconsciously wriggles into their comfort zone. Ha, I can kinda see that, in the earlier seasons she’s a little dense in an innocent and enthusiastic way if that makes any sense.
“I want to believe he’s a good trooper and this isn’t his fault.” Very powerful words. Rex has been shaken by losing so many brothers and it shows in this paragraph. And in this moment of loss, here comes this war innocent girl, curiously asking questions and giving some brightness in the dark. So easy to become friends…
Chopper’s scene… my heart sinks. He’s shamed by his scars, he’s displaying learned helplessness and despair. He’s given up. Slick has a lot to answer for. Ahsoka is showing unusual wisdom here, waiting, letting Chopper speak at his own pace and time. But that’s a trait of Jedi/Force sensitives—unusual wisdom for being so young. What Chopper speaks of—brain damage and psychological trauma. The Kaminoans don’t care about a trooper’s mind, only that they can do the job. How many clones become amateur psychologists in an effort to keep their brothers together? It’s interesting how Mando’a filters into the ranks… Can’t help but wonder what kind of effect this would have on Ahsoka. She’s seen battle, but this is her first glimpse of PTSD, the longer-lasting effects of war.
Loved the first part of the chapter, the second was heart wrenching.
reulte chapter 2 . 10/20/2016
Yes, Star Wars: The Clone Wars (movie) on Teth is after episode The Hidden Enemy (Chapter 1). Where do I have anything otherwise?
Guest chapter 2 . 10/20/2016
The only thing that I don't like was, isn't The Battle of Teth after Christophsis
Vanessa Masters chapter 5 . 8/31/2016
Well, seems he's alright now. I was worried for Chopper.
Vanessa Masters chapter 4 . 8/31/2016
So...the three thing was meant to say that Chopper was a burden by Slick. Okay, now it makes sense.
Vanessa Masters chapter 3 . 8/31/2016
Rex actually read panicked, and hurt, like he thought she was gonna replace him. Awww~ he don't want to leave her.

"Until the day this war is over, you will always be my three."

Very nice _
Vanessa Masters chapter 2 . 8/31/2016
Hmmm~ So, we learn a little bit about Chopper here...why was he called three?

And why did Slick request him, if he made him feel miserable? Mystery.
Vanessa Masters chapter 1 . 8/31/2016
Hmmm~ I just stumbled on this, but I like it so far.
DMD Hanafin chapter 68 . 4/30/2016
Pfft the Imperial Army is a bit too villainous isn't it? You overdid it mate.