Reviews for Slick's Squad - Scars (Chopper)
DMD Hanafin chapter 68 . 4/30
Pfft the Imperial Army is a bit too villainous isn't it? You overdid it mate.
DMD Hanafin chapter 64 . 4/30
Damn lost all respect for Chopper there helping a filthy Jedi traitor.
xxbesitosxx chapter 71 . 12/24/2015
While I've reread 'Scars' quite a few times, I've never reviewed, and I figured it was about time.

One of the key things I love about this story is the way you write it. Instead of stating things, you speak around it or refer to it, and leave it up to the reader to figure out, and it adds a layer of depth. Every time I read it, I pick up on something else or finally understand something I hadn't previously.

Another thing I really loved was how important body language was, and how you incorporated it. Some of the favorite scenes of the story are between Riyo and Chopper, or from Riyo's POV, because most of it is communication through body language. I also enjoyed reading about Chopper from other's POV, such as Kix or Echo. It was an interesting comparison of how Chopper viewed himself v how other's saw him.

And then of course there's Chopper's character growth and development. It was so amazing, especially in the way you wrote it. The fact that he used his experience with Nubian women as a sort of baseline for interacting with women in his "new" life really stuck out to me for some reason. I don't remember the scene, but I remember at one point he reminds himself 'Naboo women don't mind scars,' and then continues that line of thought by saying maybe more women are like the Naboo. That just resonated with me. Seeing him with Rex at the beginning v at the end was interesting, too. It was almost like they switched places in a way. But they both got their HEAs, and it was so sweet.

In this chapter, seeing Rex revert back to soldier even after being a civilian felt very familiar. And then the ending, and the reference to the party - it was a good closing, I think. Anyways, after all this rambling and slight fangirling, I think it's safe to say 'Scars' is one of my favorite stories on FF. Kisses!
strongerthananysword chapter 71 . 11/10/2015
This is horrible and I love it. I mean I absolutely adore this. I found this after your AO3 account said there was more here so I decided to read this too! I just love this piece so much...THANK YOU for loving Chopper enough to do this to him and then heal him. Thank you for the awesome Pantora stuff-is there a page on the Foundations? And where did you learn Mando'a so well?! :D This was so so incredible and it's consumed me for four days. I'm finally through it and I've cried and raged and wanted to just cuddle everyone. Thank you so so much for writing this and sharing it. ;A; 3
arashikageriverflower chapter 71 . 8/9/2015
Remembering why I love this story so much. Thank you for writing it. :)
arashikageriverflower chapter 55 . 8/9/2015
You know... You wrote Chopper's thought processes almost autistic. My little brother has Asperger's, and there's quite a few similarities. They both approach social situations similarly. They're both way smarter than anyone else in the room, but have difficulty explaining how they got from Point A to Point Z. And there's some more subtle things, as well, like how they construct sentences and relay information in different settings. It's a good way of showing not only the effect Chopper's head wound, but also the effects of the abuse he received under Slick's command. Good job!
Pink ranger 13 chapter 1 . 2/16/2015
It's great story
Gracesonnet chapter 71 . 9/9/2014
Wow! I could not stop reading until the very end, even though it's ridiculously late outside. This was fantastic!
Gracesonnet chapter 49 . 9/9/2014
Aww! I'm really liking this story but I just had to comment on this chapter. I love how all the soldiers were helping Ahsoka do such a typically girly thing as get ready for a fancy party. I particularly love the imagery of Hardcase reorganizing all the shoes and even using them as a makeshift barrier when Ahsoka got upset. And how Chopper went out of his way to make sure she has a special evening!
I can't believe Anakin never once took Ahsoka for a spin around the dance floor but maybe that's not appropriate for Jedi. Good on Padme for yelling at him though.
captainrexbest35 chapter 71 . 8/12/2014
This was one of the best stories I've ever read. I had put off reading the epilogues for fear of what I would find. Yesterday, I was in desperate need of something to read, so I dug out this story from my favorites and started at Geonosis II- Return. I read from there and when I reached the first epilogue... I froze. Then I clicked and found myself crying as I made my way down eleven heart wrenching emotional chapters. Chopper has made me open my horizons. I have several family members who bore scars of battle, of deep emotional pain. Scars that are on them... but they aren't them. And looking back, I realize that I"m lucky to read this story. It is very well written, a perfect mix of happiness, angst, depression and love.
Despite the fact that we haven't seen a ton of him, I took a liking to 56-Target... Or now, just Target. He reminds me of that little two year old that NEEDS someone to hold him at night.
I think the hardest scene that hit me was Coric's death, then the Zeer and Target scene. One made me cry, the other made me laugh and cry at the same time.
This truly is the greatest story of Chopper's life. Keep up the good work sweetheart, and I admire your work on Ando, and I need to get back to Haruu II.
captainrexbest35 chapter 70 . 8/11/2014
t's too sad
captainrexbest35 chapter 66 . 8/11/2014
Oh no...
captainrexbest35 chapter 63 . 8/11/2014
I actually started crying. When you ffirst posted these, I refused to read them, afraid of what I would see.
Elfyliane chapter 66 . 6/22/2014
J'ai lu, j'ai adoré même! Mais j'aurais bien aimé en savoir plus à propos de Kix et de l'enfant. Mais l'histoire de Chopper était vraiment belle!
Tonnerre chapter 71 . 6/16/2014
(/dies)

What can I say that I have not said a thousand times already? Oh here's one.

You FUCKING ROCK. 3