Reviews for Letters to Bethany
toyvox chapter 1 . 6/16/2011
I really do love how you ended this. I didn't have the heart to kill Anders and was more than shocked to see him return to fight against me. This was a very lovely fic, thank you.
O'rianthi chapter 4 . 4/8/2011
You're brilliant. This was incredible, so insightful, and bitter, and sad, and compelling. I loved every bit of it!
moody bloom chapter 4 . 3/24/2011
Fantastic!

I've really enjoyed reading stories where Hawke is more of a tragic figure than a Big Damn Hero; I think it shows a really strong understanding of the game.

:3 faved!
Yay for Yaoi chapter 4 . 3/24/2011
Maker's breath this was very beautiful and powerful. It actually brought tears to my eyes! Very well done. :3
rednightmare chapter 4 . 3/22/2011
Very tragic, very poignant, but written with excellent calm and forethought. Another great installment.

Though there was some finality to this letter, I don't see a "complete" stamp yet, so I'll be happily keeping my eye out for more.
thatgirlwiththe chapter 4 . 3/21/2011
I love all four of these letters that you've produced so far. They're honest and carry emotion as all letters to a dearly loved one should. Wonderful job thus far, bamftastik.
TwoChoos chapter 4 . 3/21/2011
Now, I rarely take the time to review, but this... this was gorgeous, bleak and heartbreaking in all the right ways.
rednightmare chapter 3 . 3/20/2011
Another enjoyable letter - gut-twisting foreshadowing, the returning regret, the clash of Alara and herself/companions, and your incorporation of game events. I partiuclarly liked how you incorporated Varric; at first it seemed like he'd be an aside, but his conflict with Bartrand is another way to show your Hawke second-guessing herself.

Nicely done!
rednightmare chapter 2 . 3/17/2011
I am really enjoying these. I love Alara's voice, educated and forceful. I think the idea of penning letters to the late Bethany is touching and very fitting, particulary for this Hawke. It's nice to see her shift to and fro from apologetic to confessional, as well as to read the anger she feels between these lines. Despite the affairs she describes, Alara seems very genuine. You can feel how much she misses her sister.

I find her choices and predicaments interesting, but I find the character voice even more so.

Looking forward to more of these!