Reviews for Eden
Kay chapter 31 . 11/9/2020
This was the first fanfic I’ve ever read when I was younger, maybe early middle school? 5th grade? 6th grade? I’m not sure.

I didn’t really have access to Internet until around those grades as it’s really suspect to be reading this on the family computer legit EVERYONE used. I’m in college now, I’m older and I was being nostalgic and remembered how much I crushed on N from Pokémon. This was my first fic and I thought I’d give it a read on what got me so hooked on fanfictione, even now.

I gotta say man, I remember most things from this but some things I don’t remember is how pretty cringe some scenes were and the stereotypical “they have kids!” In the end. But lowkey I’m a sucker for those kinds of endings. Despite the cringe, I enjoyed reading it again, remembering child me being so hooked on this, kept in suspense and crushing on N. I was so silly and definitely at a 5th grade reading level thinking this is peak literature lmao. I’m 19, turning 20. You’re much older too, abandoned this account most likely, a lot of people don’t use fan anymore. AO3 and Wattpad are where it’s at now lol. But this? This was a nice trip down memory lane.

This was nice, hopefully your story telling skills are a bit better and less cringe. But I should thank you. In a way you influenced my childhood into reading fanfics. Thank you for starting something that even now influences me. I hope you’re doing well, I hope maybe you too look back on your work. I hope you see this and are happy on how much this influenced me, even if some parts made me cringe and die on why child me thought “wow Barnes and Nobles can’t compare to this!” How naive of me! But cute. Just thank you so much. Hope you’re doing okay, hope you’re vibing, hope you’re happy. I just wish you all the best, from the person whose life changed thanks to you. Maybe I’m reading too deep into things like “Kay cmon it’s a Pokemon fic, relax” but idk. Small things can change your life and just as Pokemon influxes my childhood and gave me a Pokemon phase, this gave me a fan fiction phase. Something I’m still going through lol.

Thanks for everything! Hope your writing has improved from this!
Titania1796 chapter 31 . 8/4/2020
Me encanto puedes hacer una secuela
Ghost From 2013 chapter 31 . 1/27/2020
I read this ages ago, back when I was in high school. I finished it at a debate tournament that I'd entered. Now I'm nearly finished with college and - for some reason - I remembered it and thought to read it again.

It wasn't nearly as good as I remembered. I cringed at a lot of parts and wondered why I'd thought they were quality. A lot of it reminds me of why I've come to dislike most fanfiction. All in all, part of the read was just a sort of pain that I had to force myself through.

But I remembered some things that I liked, too. I remember good ol' Hoshi, and I can't deny that I was still fond of him. I remember the phone call with Green, Rozi's reunion with Daizy, and Seira's grief. I remembered (and cringed when anticipating) Cincinno's chat with N before nailing Darmanitan with Solarbeam. I remembered a lot before they even came to me know the reread.

That epilogue was absolutely not there when I read this story the first time, though. I'm guessing that it was put out long after I'd closed the book on Eden. While it was almost everything that I hate in a bog-standard "epilogue with kids", I can't deny that part of me was happy to see that a little more was added to the tale for me to come back to nearly a decade later.

I was a pretty friendless, lonely individual back in high school. Part of what helped me through was just reading, and fanfiction was one of my greatest pleasures. This is one of the few stories that I actually remember by name - because I loved it. I'm still kind of trying to figure life out, but I'm in a better place than before. I have friends that brighten my days and better relationships with my family.

I'm sure you don't want to hear me wax eloquent on my life story, and I don't blame you. But all this is to explain why I'm here to say thanks, even as I talk crap about your story. I hope that you're doing well and that your writing's improved since 2013. Thanks for putting so much dedication into creating one of the stories that sustained me back when I was younger and craved it. It really meant something.
Luna chapter 31 . 12/22/2019
Honestly? I cried, and I don't get sentimental easily. Good God I love this story, I can't find the words to describe it, and I know it's been years since it finished, but I feel obligated to say how much I enjoyed reading this. I started playing Pokemon Black a week ago and I immediately loved N and the whole Ferriswheelshipping dynamic, and this story made me love the ship even more.
Generic User chapter 9 . 3/20/2019
If an attitude does a 360, it'll be the same.
Generic User chapter 31 . 3/13/2019
Best story ever
I commend you deeply.
Generic User chapter 29 . 3/13/2019
I hate writing about battle scenes as well. I don't like reading them if they're too long. There's too much of a setup. But, in the games on the other hand...
Generic User chapter 26 . 3/12/2019
Believable, yes.
Uncalled for, yes.
Comment: At least it wasn't to the head and/or neck.
Generic User chapter 20 . 3/10/2019
Me when people try to add dramatics by killing off an awesome character in books:
WHY
Generic User chapter 19 . 3/10/2019
Oh shit
She's gone
katherinemp chapter 31 . 1/23/2019
I just cried hysterically thank you
katherinemp chapter 4 . 1/22/2019
The link is weird! It doesnt have the web address can you send it or reply with it? (The fanart!) thank youuuuu
Anonymous chapter 1 . 11/29/2018
Hm, not bad. Better than what I could think of. That N is a bastard for releasing all her Pokemon. I would very well feel the same way. Hell, he's a bastard for everything he did to her!
Pikas chapter 1 . 11/15/2018
Oh my God! I'm coming back to this since I'm going through all my previously read fanfics and it's such a pleasure to read everything again!

I remember really liking Eden on the first read, and it stayed with me as one of the rare N/White fics I read (I just can't seem to find any good ones!). It's been such a long time now that I'm not sure if you're still active and on this site anymore, but I think this story deserves a revision. The plot has so much promise, and has a few parts that it could do with a refresh. There are so many things I didn't pay attention to/missed the first time that are glaringly obvious now, and I'm sure they have put off people from continuing to read past chapter one. I feel that's a bit unfair since this is THE most reviewed N fanfic on ffnet and it deserves a bit more!

Just to mention a few quickly, it needs the grammar and tense to be fixed, the timeline honestly stretches TOO long for it to be normal (specifically how long Touko stays in the Plasma castle and it seems no one on the outside cares about; where is the police, the government, the strong trainers who are against this whole overhaul by these separation extremists, the laws in place to prevent situations like unlawful Plasma taking over? etc), some of the characters seem too two dimensional, WHY is Touko forgetting about her Pokemon team she has spent years travelling with - this sort of thing. The world of this story can do with much more fleshing out that will look better in the long run (especially in the second half of the story where Touko gets rescued by Red and the resistance force tries to take control of the system).

Perhaps you don't have any plans to give this story an overhaul, perhaps you've quit, or perhaps you're just not interested and want to keep this as a sort of project you can look back to in your later years, but it would be a good idea to let readers know if you have any plans. I've seen a few others ask about a revision for Eden too so I'm definitely not the only one hoping for it! I hope you take this review and the others similar to this, as constructive criticism (this is definitely not hate! We've all been readers of Eden and have loved it).

Have a very good day!
Guest chapter 31 . 8/5/2018
Year's later and this is still the best story for this shipping ever. Thank you so much for doing this!
2,155 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »