Reviews for Anatomy of Melancholy
formerlyknownasyay chapter 1 . 8/28/2014
This was spectacularly messed up but in a good way, if that makes sense? Like, it was well written enough to be rmotionally disturbing. Sorry. This is worded really badly. Ok, just take away that I liked the fic and it was great.
Maharani Radha chapter 1 . 5/7/2013
Wow...Owen can be a right bastard sometimes. But I think that he does care, at least somewhat. He just doesn't want to admit it.

Anyway, it's nice to get Owen's thoughts for a change. He's an interesting character with a lot of different perspectives to offer. So thanks for the insight on that.

Great job!
Sjoeks chapter 1 . 2/5/2013
This was amazing! I loved it :)
expiry 4.23 chapter 1 . 2/17/2012
Cruel, clinical, poignant and very Owen. Smacked of ruthless detachment; his hatred, however, was especially remarkable in how you portrayed it - it wasn't methodical, in fact it was neurochemical pathways and overblown receptors and rushed release of neurotransmitters, but it was visceral rage and pounding fear and torn eyeteeth and skin-crawling-fever-hot-bloodlust. And he didn't question its morality or practicality: he just responded to it. Beautiful.
lilsammywinchester chapter 1 . 1/5/2012
"But it was a fucked-up job full of fucked-up people—now they even had a fucked-up receptionist."

I feel bad but smile at that...great one shot!
La chapter 1 . 7/16/2011
I liked this.

A lot.

Your characterizations were perfecto.

Gabwr chapter 1 . 7/11/2011
Great story. You stayed true to Owen.
Nancy Brown chapter 1 . 6/1/2011
I remember reading this on LJ, and rereading now, I'm still blown away. I love Owen's attempts at detachment and stabs of pity, the stream of his thoughts that are exactly right. Also this line: "If you make me a cup of tea with your hands covered in blood, I will punch you in the head, so help me God." makes me happy in SO MANY WAYS. :)
Torchwood Cardiff chapter 1 . 3/30/2011
I loved this!
veritas6.5 chapter 1 . 3/26/2011
my goodness, what a tour de force. I really liked the personalization (or personalisation) of Owen, giving us some better insight into his crooked view of mankind. You made him a real person, and not just the cranky womanizer he's usually painted as. and I also liked that you didn't make Jack a wimpy bottom as so much fanfic paints him. he's such a strong figure, and lots of Janto makes him into a blubbering idiot. and you do have a lovely turn of phrase. I particularly liked "He strode in with a heavy step and a tempest of coattails". also, thanks for the proper spelling and punctuation!
JolinarJackson chapter 1 . 3/26/2011
Finally, I managed to read it.

Very good characterization for Owen. He's hard, cruel and dark in this, but aware of his responsibility as a doctor. Him and Ianto alone in the flat was almost painful. I liked how you described Jack as the law in Torchwood since it pretty much fits. I'd really like to know what Jack and Ianto were saying, but Owen's POV on that conversation was really interesting and leaves room for speculation, even though Jack tells Owen later on.
gillian gutfright chapter 1 . 3/21/2011
I liked your story! good detail.
twinchaosblade chapter 1 . 3/20/2011
Wow, what an exceptional story! This was well-written, suspenseful and very intense. Even though the characters in your story weren't exactly like their canon counterparts, I really enjoyed your characterizations and thought you did extremely well portraying the obvious tension between Ianto and Owen.

In my opinion you found a very good balance between Owen's worry and care as a doctor and his awful bedside manners and plain annoying way with people he exhibits more often than not. Despite understanding Owen's helplessness, frustrations, and anger, I still felt sorry for the treatment Ianto received, especially when he slapped a near catatonic Ianto across the face to make him snap out of it.

Excellent episode tag! I'm very much looking forward to reading more of your stories.
deetatarant chapter 1 . 3/18/2011
I think that sums up Owen's and Ianto's relationship of season one very well... nicely written with his usual cynicism and bitterness shining through...