Reviews for Two Bodies
Kenneth Black chapter 1 . 7/3/2011
X3 Oooh, your description of having an actual human being able to predict the rain, then switching it to Ami's ability to be one with the rain really is intense! Loved the end line, a great source of humor for me.
TirOrah chapter 2 . 5/8/2011
I've been looking forward to this. I'm very impressed with the scenery and atmosphere you created for this chapter. It's almost scary, a land so desolate unless showered by moonlight. I loved it. :) Again, perfect dialogue. Now that I finally realize the setting of this story (time-wise), this makes me wonder how much the Senshi have changed.

Ja ne!
Crosswood chapter 2 . 5/8/2011
Whooo boy, what an update!

Life in a desert which once seemed lifeless, hmmm? Short blooms across hard-scrabble ground, leaving nothing but the wish for more. And in the background; two stones; there when the flowers were gone. You're ruddy good at this writing stuff, you know. And more cunning than a sack-full of weasels.

Oh, but Mako is lovely in your hands; relaxed, deep, still; in tune with her element in more ways than one. Gorgeous. Ami as well - shown not just able to give freely, but also to freely accept. They're glorious.

They *feel* right together, as well - which is no small thing. Like two people who have known each other a long, long time. Comfortable, but with that splash of selfless kindness that speaks of more.

Thank you kindly for this: it is truly wonderful. Sincere regards.
veldion chapter 1 . 4/26/2011
Subtle but with so much meaning. Very nice imagery and very in tune to the character's personlities. Keep up the good work, I look forward to more, soon I hope.
veldion chapter 1 . 4/26/2011
Crosswood chapter 1 . 4/16/2011
Firstly… or rather lastly… your final line was perfection. Utter perfection. It literally had me rolling on the ground with laughter - especially after how deep and sonorous and just plain *weighty* Mako had been during the entire proceeding conversation. Ahhh, but Ami has a streak of mischief a mile wide, and in your hands she got the opportunity to use it.

**Blinks** As for your place of departure… no, no! This is far cleverer than anything I could have come up with. You’re playing with a beautifully ambiguous poem in ‘Two Bodies’, and for this first chapter – echoing the first verse, as intended – Mako and Ami are both part of their surroundings and also somehow more. They’ve motion even in their stillness.

Mako gave deceptively simple answers to surprisingly complex questions, by the way; it made my eyebrows climb into my hair when I thought through all the implications. Why do I get the feeling that when Ami reckons can feel Makoto's sigh in the very earth itself, this isn't entirely hyperbole?

Technically your writing is excellent. You know that already ((**grumbles** or you SHOULD)). As part and parcel of this, and as a sweet, sweet bonus to the readers, this means your imagery is rather exquisite – dark clumps of earth falling away from Mako’s boot as she perches pensive in a tree? And it was all handled with aplomb – never over-the-top or silly.

Anyway, written you another novel, and you’ll be thoroughly tired of me by now, so I’ll scuttle off and read this again. Look forward to your next chapter.

Sincere regards
Museless Fool chapter 1 . 4/15/2011
Now I realize why your moniker is so familiar, I've read all of your stories and thoroughly enjoyed them. The same could be said for Two Bodies. As a standalone piece it is the very definition of a very specific memory snatched out of thin air. There's a mystery to it that leaves the imagination grasping and I really look forward to more. :)
TirOrah chapter 1 . 3/20/2011
I'm glad I subscribed to you. :) This was a nice piece, short but powerful. At the same time it was soft-spoken (is that even a word?)...gentle. You conveyed a certain sense of serenity (how appropiate XD) through little words. Even Makoto's one-word responses were right on the money. I can't wait to see what you'll do with this setup.

Ja ne!
CelticPhoenixProductions chapter 1 . 3/17/2011
Well, I not sure what your doing here, but color me intrigued with a side of sea-green...
24 | « Prev Page 1 2