Reviews for Smoke Gets In Your Private Eyes
jadebluafterglow chapter 11 . 6/16
great story, lots of action, comedy...better than some of the later scripts!
n.bachster82 chapter 11 . 5/19/2013
No wonder this story's so popular-it's intelligent and funny, and it captures the feel of the early S&S eps. Excellent!
fangirl29yahoo chapter 11 . 11/11/2012
Awww! What a great story! I grew up on S&S and miss them so. They just don't make TV shows like this anymore :( Needless to say, I didn't think anyone was still writing any fanfic that did not include the new Simon family. I just wanted some good ole S&S brotherly love and you delivered! Wonderful!
Long Live BRUCAS chapter 11 . 9/11/2012
Only a puppy would never come between you and a dream girl you're dying to go out with, Rick thought idly as A.J. pleaded and begged on his behalf. Maybe I was onto something when I insisted Mom send the baby A.J. back to the hospital and get me a puppy instead after she brought my baby brother home for the first time. Haa! Rick would think something like that/.

Rick saw A.J. cover his mouth to hide a gleeful smile, and, for a fraction of a second, he felt like punching him to wipe that smirk off his face. Mom really should've given me a puppy instead of a little brother.

I hope you've learned your lesson, Rick." A.J. sounded like a father lecturing his unruly son.

"I most certainly have," Rick replied earnestly.

"You have?" A.J. couldn't believe his ears.

"Yup. From now on, I'll stick to cigars." Rick deadpanned.

Loved their childhood fight. I bet when Rick slapped AJ on the back he took his wallet,.
Yankee01754 chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
Congratulations! You nailed the boys perfectly here! I could hear Gerald and Jameson's voices in my head the whole time I was reading this story!

The two of them crack me up even more now than they did when they were originally on the air.

Rick is so contrary and unpredictable and laid back while AJ is just the opposite. He's pretty easy going but he's also upright where his brother's shenanigans are concerned and a tad more formal and much more predictable.

I loved it! Great story!
Jonah1230 chapter 11 . 8/5/2011
This was a fun read. You did a nice job keeping Rick & AJ true to their TV characters. It is WONDERFUL to read new Simon & Simon fanfiction. I hope you'll continue to write.
scootersmom chapter 11 . 7/14/2011
This was such a great story! You wrote the brother's so well...all of their conversations were spot on! The case was very interesting too! Great job! I was very excited to see come new Simon and simon stories. THey have always been my favorites!

Thanks so much for sharing your story.
DAB42782 chapter 11 . 5/18/2011
Really enjoyed reading your story! You have some great character interaction written for Rick and A.J.
charlieboy chapter 11 . 3/20/2011
Oh yeah, you nailed them! Please keep writing...I have enjoyed every chapter!
charlieboy chapter 10 . 3/20/2011
Most excellent! Love how you tied up the loose ends.
charlieboy chapter 9 . 3/20/2011
Wow! What a twist! Excellent chapter.
charlieboy chapter 8 . 3/20/2011
Hmmmm, what is the mob and the FBI up to? Excellent thinking on A.J.'s part, speaking German to the waitress!

Oh, and I loved Rick's dream in the last had me laughing about Andrew's voice coming out of Trixie's mouth.
charlieboy chapter 7 . 3/20/2011
Excellent! I can only imagine having a very large man land on his back.
charlieboy chapter 6 . 3/20/2011
Hmmmm, the plot thickens! Excellent chapter.
charlieboy chapter 5 . 3/20/2011
It's a good thing Janet didn't have a sledge hammer in her hand, rather than a note book! lol Poor Rick, she won't cut him any breaks...good for her! lol I am really enjoying this a lot!