Reviews for Deus Ex Machina
Lolavie chapter 1 . 4/12/2011
Holymotherofwow. This story is absolutely incendiary. I love the way you capture their volatile, flawed, cruel, desperate love. It's amazing. The way she taunts him, the way he falls to pieces. Truly an indulgence to read your work. You spoil us so.
svenjen chapter 1 . 3/18/2011
As always, wonderful...
The Very Last Valkyrie chapter 1 . 3/18/2011
You shouldn't thank me - really! I did nothing other than tell you what you ought to know yourself which is, simply put, that you have the kind of talent when it comes to writing that so many others (including me, because while Charlie and November rock my world, I can't Reminisce like you do) dream of.

What can I say? This wasn't angst for me, because it was endgame (that should so be an FF genre). Dan was a little arsey, but it rather amusing to see him totally failing to squirm over Chuck's challenges. Chuck himself was a revelation this chapter, as was Blair - she reminded me of 2x19 Blair, sure of herself to the point of idiocy when it comes to him, as she should be. I can't say I want them to hurt each other, but it's right because it's what they do. They're never going to be safe until every last weapon is laid down and he comes out and proposes and she snaps back and says yes. They both have weapons of mass destruction, and they both ARE time bombs in their own right; it's only a matter of time until she has him or he has her, one way or another.

Oh, they're doomed. But at least they're doomed to each other.

VF Chuck says hi. He has strawberries and champagne ready.
thegoodgossipgirl chapter 1 . 3/18/2011
oh gosh, so sad. Brilliant.

I seem to me asking for fics all over the place these days, but could you possibly write some sort of sequel to this? It would be amazing-I love how you write CB and how you acknowledge all their flaws and each scene is as captivating as the next.

xoxo
tversky chapter 1 . 3/17/2011
As usual, your writing elicited a "Wow" from me. LOL.

One of the lines I especially loved:

"'She doesn't belong to you.'

'Parts of her do,'Chuck answered. Dan recoiled but they both knew he didn't mean it that way. The truth was there were parts of Blair that were so dark and undiscovered that only Chuck could understand."

Such truth. Only Chuck can really know and love all of Blair. That's pretty much canon and I don't see it being rewritten anytime soon.

I also loved Dan saying at the very end "She knows" because I think Dan gets it. In his heart of hearts he knows Chuck and Blair will always find their way back together and truly belong together. He's said it almost every season (spitefully, angrily, exasperatedly). But he almost always ends up saying it "You two belong together."

Lastly, I love the dark desperation in Chuck. This season the show has emphasized Blair's fear that she's weak in her love for Chuck, but really the same is true of him too. He hates being so powerless to her. They're both a couple of control freaks. Anyway, great job. Loved it. :)
TriGemini chapter 1 . 3/17/2011
This was intense to read.

Not to mention, the emotion was raw, as well.

Especially, from Chuck's point of view.

Enjoyed reading this, a lot.
D chapter 1 . 3/17/2011
Love your fics and I know you're trying to explain the Raina stuff which I really appreciate...I just wish we'd see more of what Chuck feels about Blair,a nd if he feels responsibility for anything. It's completely possible that what I'm critiquing there is the show and not your fic though.

Your prose and voices of the characters are beautiful and you are a terrific writer. :)
QueenBee10 chapter 1 . 3/17/2011
Loved it
X chapter 1 . 3/17/2011
God, Chuck is a pathetic louse in the show now, and this story certainly doesn't help his case. It's just sad.