Reviews for The Dark Temptations
cosmicaddress chapter 39 . 12/6
This was absolutely wonderful! I have to say that I’m usually wary of long fics because I often get bored, not just in the writing, but maybe the type of fic I want to read changes. But this held my attention all the way through.

I loved Merlin and Arthur in this. The idea of the possibility of Merlin going dark was written perfectly, and it left me in doubt about how the story would go. I was especially interested in the prophecies - they created a balance of how much I knew and how much I didn’t, which I haven’t seen before. I also thought Arthur’s reaction was spot-on.

The character and plot development was amazing overall. I definitely got to know every character, both the mindsets of existing ones and who your original ones were. I always love a story when I can actually remember the new characters’ names, even with so many. That just shows how well you wrote them.

This is definitely one of the best fics I’ve ever read. Great job!
Icy chapter 39 . 10/3
Reading this In 2017 I'm late but I loved it one of the greatest fanfictions I've read in a while it was well written and finished. Ending seemed slightly rushed but it was still good I'm glad gehola lived I quiet liked the character.
skyhawkwolf chapter 23 . 5/17
How could anyone send nasty reviews? This is probably the best fic I have read in a while
skyhawkwolf chapter 12 . 5/15
My god this is good. I absolutely love it
Grow up Arthur, why must everyone else be wrong but you're right? If you're the one doubting and everyone else is convinced, then chances are you're in the wrong.
Lost interest with Gehola being some kind of wunderkind magic user. He can perform a spell immediately that takes years to master.

So ridiculous.
Fireflyforever chapter 39 . 1/1
I don't know if you're still reading reviews for this story all these years later but, as this is my second time of reading, I thought it only right to tell you how much I enjoyed this. I like stories that capture the real essence of Merlin - so powerful and, yet, so loyal. I liked that you made a possible darkMerlin completely plausible throughout and I found the plot compelling too.
Superpotterwholockiscool chapter 39 . 12/6/2016
I love love love this story! I binge read it in two days and I am now very very sad that it has ended but happy at the same time because the ending was beautiful. Also it is perfect and I would love to read more stories like this one.
Guest chapter 9 . 11/27/2016
If you kill gwaine I'm gonna fucking cry and I will hate you forever so please do not kill gwaine because this story is already killing me anyways.
CA Hawkins chapter 39 . 11/16/2016
OH MY GOD
I LEGITIMATELY AND LITERALLY HAVE TEARS IN MY EYES RIGHT NOW
I CAN FEEL MERLIN'S TEARS AT THE END... I FEEL IT SO MUCH... THIS IS AMAZING OH GOD

"this story isn't one of my better ones"
YOU LIAR THIS IS SO GOOD THIS IS TOO PRECIOUS FOR THIS WORLD
IM IN LOVE WITH THIS FIC YOU HAVE NO IDEA
CA Hawkins chapter 21 . 11/16/2016
HOLY MOTHERFFING SHIZ

I apologise for my colourful use of the English language but I believe anything else does not justify how I feel at the moment.
CA Hawkins chapter 16 . 11/16/2016
HOLY GOD OF ALL THAT IS MIGHTY
IM SO GLAD THIS IS COMPLETE BECAUSE I WOULDNT HAVE SURVIVED WAITING FOR THE NEXT CHAPTERS
CA Hawkins chapter 15 . 11/16/2016
OH SHIT
a.narnian chapter 39 . 10/6/2016
I don't think I've read anything quite like this on this site. I like the departure from the usual 'Arthur thinks Merlin has betrayed him merely because Merlin has magic' approach you've achieved by casting Merlin as a double agent. You do a good job of making dark magic a real threat in the eyes of the reader - I was never entirely sure that Merlin wouldn't succumb to it - and of exploring some of the complications of the relationships (who has to forgive whom? etc.). Anyway, thanks for this!
Mornyere chapter 1 . 8/18/2016
This is an excellent premise to a story, but I couldn't get past the first chapter because of the grammatical errors: missing semicolons, the lack of commas, and random capitalizations. However, your writing style is fascinating: you have many wonderful ideas and imaginative ways in which you phrase them. If you got an editor (a beta), I think that the quality of your work would be greatly improved. Hope you'll work on this in the future!

Mornyérë