Reviews for Mingled Sense and Nonsense
dragoncreators chapter 3 . 6/16
This was just so... Perfect!
Best PnF ever, and I wish it was canon somehow!
Shadow25729 chapter 3 . 2/18/2013
I know that authors really enjoy getting messages regarding their work, so I thought that I would write you this.
When I started to read this, I thought that it was simply another fanfic about Phineas and Ferb. But, much to my surprise, it wasn't.
It wasn't merely a story. Wasn't merely a sloppily put together piece with no plot.
To me, it was a tale about what makes us human.
I hated how you made me laugh and cry during the same paragraph. Despised how you ripped out my feelings and stepped all over them. Yet, I am thankful for all of that.
Sorry about the stupid rant. I just wanted to show you that I really enjoyed your story. :)
Maran Zelde chapter 3 . 2/11/2013
This fanfic blew my mind. This is the first I've heard of the Perry-as-Phineas's-father concept (being even newer to the fandom than you are), and you've made it work well, despite some continuity hiccups which you might be aware of by now (e.g. Perry finding Candace contradicts the flashback that shows the Flynn-Fletcher family adopting him from a shelter). It's certainly plausible that Mr. Flynn could have turned into a platypus in that universe. Freak accidents happen all the time in the Tri-State Area. That they are almost as easily reversed is what makes this concept decidedly non-canon. To give just a few examples, Phineas and Ferb turned into babies, Doofenshmirtz turned into an amoeba, heck, Candace and Perry switched BODIES...And they were back to normal by the end of the day, or at least before the next episode. I think the only times the Status Quo has been allowed to change were Norm's introduction and Candace and Jeremy officially becoming an item (there may be something else I'm forgetting, though).

All this to make the point that it's actually implausible that Agent P would remain a platypus for 10 YEARS, when normally in that universe a weird occurrence would resolve itself in short order.

That's not to say that I didn't enjoy this fanfic – quite the contrary – but it's definitely AU to me.

The characters are all IC. Little Candace is cute, and Doofenshmirtz has very real heartache with the added backstory. At first I felt that Major Monogram was a bit more of a jerk in this fanfic than in the show, but then I thought about his mistreatment of Carl and general lack of sentiment, and I realized that his apathy toward Agent P's plight isn't that much of a stretch.
Working-On-Sanity chapter 3 . 1/22/2013
A Tumblr user recommended this story to me, and I am very glad she did.

Firstly, I love the opening. The agents all together; the scene seems normal, until you hit with the unexpected. I love that this is a "human-turned-platypus" rather than the other way around, and you pulled that off WELL.

I am just stunned at how this entire story makes connections to canon in ways that would probably never happen, but seem so extremely plausible. There's nothing in canon to say this couldn't have happened, which is why I love it so much. This story was well thought out, very much so.

And if this happened, it would explain EVERYTHING. It just makes so much sense, compared to the show, which has some of the craziest and most entertaining ideas that can't really be explained by anything. But this gives insight to Perry's sullen and serious character; to the relation between the Flynn children and Perry; to Perry's job as an agent and how he's gotten all these transport devices in the house that lead him to his lair; to Dr. Doofenshmirtz's relationship with his family as well as Perry.

Wow. It just all makes SO MUCH SENSE. And I totally love it. This just became one of my favorite fanfictions, not only out of the P&F fandom, but out of every fandom I'm in. Just the good writing and the thought that's gone into planning the story (even if you were inspired by TVtropes!)

I absolutely love it. Well done!

Senorita Sanity
futureauthor13 chapter 3 . 12/17/2012
Oh my gosh. This is one of the best stories I have ever read for PnF! I wish I had read it sooner! Great job! v
guest chapter 3 . 11/17/2012
please make a sequel where phineas and ferb find out i luv this one! :)
K. Falcon chapter 3 . 9/2/2012
I really like this storyline. I think it's pretty original, and I also like the way you defined Perry's relationship with Doofenshmirtz. I look forward to reading more of this.
Guest chapter 3 . 8/14/2012
oh my god, this is the greatest. I especially love Candace's bit, where she feels like she's less loved because of the pictures. It's the moments like that, especially something you can relate to like self-esteem, that made this an awesome fic.

Rock on.
Sun chapter 3 . 6/4/2012
That was extremely well written. Thank you
WindyWords123 chapter 3 . 5/10/2012
I love this ending, and this story in general. It's kinda my headcanon, even if it's been disproved already.

Unfortunately, the part about Phineas and Ferb discovering Phineas the First's photo makes me think the following situation will follow - they'll build something to locate the missing people that won't work of their dead, but they pick up Perry on his way back. Ferb rebuilds the machine to make sure nothing's malfunctioning, but in the mean time Phineas has already built something to turn Perry human so he can explain what happened, and all sorts of awkwardness ensues. I really don't want to write it, because I like this fic with a happy ending, that's too much drama for me, and I don't have things planned out very well. But... well. I don't know. Just an idea.
zealousfreak27 chapter 3 . 4/18/2012
Yeah! This is such a great story. Dicsounting small amounts of canon, it makes sense for Perry to be Candace and Phineas' father. Thes is too beautiful!
Talk Bubble chapter 3 . 3/22/2012
AWWW! This is so cute, and it makes so much sense! If it was true in canon, then it would explain SO MUCH. I love Doofenshmirtz, he's such a great nemesis.
oceanlover4evr chapter 3 . 1/7/2012
Me likey this one very much. An unthought of and completely ccreative and original concept, yet it explains so much.
Desdemona Kakalose chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
You know, despite the fact that I can take or leave the Perry-as-Phineas'-father fannon, I would never claim that this story is anything less than excellent. You give Perry's perspective that extra little oomph that really makes it feel like Perry. It's mature, it's deadpan, and it's got just the right amount of sympathy. Not to mention you do introspection without making me roll my eyes at the sap levels or skip down the page in the hopes that something else will happen. It's very good.

The Perry/Doofenshmirtz relationship is developed wonderfully, with all the right ingredients for their (frankly adorable) frienimiship. Good on you, man.
Anon chapter 3 . 9/20/2011
There are absolutely no words that describe how much I adore, love, and obsess over this fic along with Kulpo and Pushover. I'm amazed at your writing and how you took that idea and just *ran* with it.

Your characterization is spot-on, the dynamics are real and interesting, and you don't push characters like Linda and Vanessa aside.

I look forward to the next installment with bated breath!