Reviews for Heaven
AbbyMasrai chapter 1 . 6/8/2011
I'm so sorry that such a wonderful man had to leave this earth so soon. I hope writing this gave you some comfort. This was beautiful, the way you set it up, the specific details you went into. Truly wonderful. And everyone's reactions were spot on, I think.

Wonderful job.
Fish Stick Friday chapter 1 . 3/21/2011
I don't have to wake up early tomorrow morning to go to work because I don't work tomorrow. I'll keep working on getting caught up until I literally cannot keep my eyes open any longer. Ha! We'll see how long THAT lasts! I only got like three hours of sleep last night as it is...

That is SO sweet how you are doing a tribute piece! See? Now I feel like scum because you are a much better person than I could ever DREAM of being...Who cares if you're mad at me? I probably deserve it. You're a better writer than me. You're a better person than me. You're a better reviewer than me. You're just BETTER than me.

One of many things that I love about your writing is how you incorporate a plethora of song lyrics in your stories. Like seriously, are you some sort of music buff or what?

Okay, so as soon as you said "ridiculous laugh," I KNEW it was Kendall that had died. Is it bad that I was relieved it wasn't Logan?

So then that left me wondering who was the narrator. I honestly had no clue who it was until it was revealed. So good job on that. Way to keep the suspense!

That's so cool how Kendall decided to become a hockey coach. Haha, though I thought he thought that all little kids were "EVIL!" (a la 'Big Time Jobs')Lol.

Kendall and Jo are/were the perfect couple? I wonder how hard it was for you to write THAT? ;)

Wow Kendall, one kid and another on the way? You dog, you! ;)

What is it with you and car crashes? So many people in your stories die of car crashes? Really though, I think that's one of the saddest ways to die. I mean it's relatively quick (usually) and that way the dying doesn't really have to suffer much at all. I lost a sister to a car crash back in 1997. So never mind me...I'm just not a fan of car crashes...

That is so ironic how I mention something in my review (which I'm reviewing AS I read it) and then you mention it in the prose. Great minds think alike...well, your mind is great. Mine? Not so much...

Aww! Logan and Camille had a baby too? Haha. From now on, whenever I hear the name Jessica, I'm going to associate it with Jessica from the Twilight movies. Lol.

1985. Hey! That's the year I was born!

I liked how you said that Logan went into "doctor mode."

I really liked how you said the kids Kendall coached looked up to him more than Wayne Gretzky.

Wow! How is James STILL single? Isn't he supposed to be a ladies' man?

How did Jo know what James was thinking? Is she psychic? Or was that just a lucky guess? Or did James actually say what he was thinking as he thought it?

I'm sure you've heard this a million times by now, but you OWN at writing angst!

Wow! Katie graduated from college? I mean not that that's shocking because she's really smart. I guess I'm just confused about how old the boys are. When you talked about Katie graduating, I guess I just assumed you were referring to high school. Oh, but I love how Katie got a Business degree.

Of course Logan graduated with honors. He's a genius! That is sad that his grades suffered though. It's also sad that he didn't walk with his class to get his diploma.

When James was talking about how he was older than Kendall now, it made me think of the Twilight Saga and how Bella was like "I'm 18. I'm older than you now, Edward, and I hate it!"

The part where James said that he, Logan, and Carlos could never be Kendall's younger friends or brothers anymore really got to me. :(

As horrible as it was that Alyssa Joy would never get to know Kendall, I'm sure Jo and the others will make sure they tell her about her dad.

Of course Carlos would be the first one to get over the depression stage.

I liked how they didn't want to let Logan be alone for too long after they found out what he had been doing on his walks.

360 days? I thought there were 365 days in a year...

I liked how you compared bad things happening to bad people with bad things happening to good people.

I really liked the last line about Heaven deserving Kendall more...

So, it's midnight here, and I'm tired yes, but my eyes aren't drooping, so maybe...
Falling to Fly chapter 1 . 3/21/2011
Have you noticed that whenever you write something so stunning and what is easily described as one of your best pieces of work, I'm left speechless and leave you with a terrible review? It happens everytime. Maybe it's because it's one of those things where no words need to be said, although I'm sure you want to hear them. But either way, you always leave me unsure of what to say, because what CAN I say that could possibly sum up what I'm thinking?

I am so sorry for your loss. I know what it feels like to lose someone way too soon, and how miraculous it is to see the people who should be hurting the most helping everyone else and being the strongest. It's so hard to see something like that happen, but you continue to amaze me everytime you write something close to your heart like this. You say you could never write anything good enough to do this man's life justice, which means that this man must have been one of the most amazing people on the earth because this was beautiful in ways that words can't tell.

I know this is a few days late, but I'll still be keeping you and this man's family and everyone at your church in my prayers. I know how hard it is to write about something that happened to you because I just did it, but it really helps, doesn't it?

This was so completely beautiful and I wish I could tell you better but I just have to hope you know what I mean when I say this is too fantastic for words. You did amazing. I love you!
WyszLo chapter 1 . 3/19/2011
Laura, this is such a beautiful tribute to him. Everything about it is so tragically moving, and I'm sure he was a great man.

I loved this. It broke my heart.

Lauren
Fang lover23 chapter 1 . 3/19/2011
Once again, you've succeeded in making me cry. I wept like a little baby. Xd

I actually had to walk away for a while because it reminded me of my grandfather's death, and I had a short mental breakdown. But I finished it, and...I don't really know anything else I can say. It was beautiful and I went through the same stages, though I'm still stuck in number 4. /

Please send my well wishes to that family. I hope they're recovering alright.
alwaysconfuzzled chapter 1 . 3/19/2011
OKay, I read this on the coach coming back from a school trip on my phone.

Everyone else was snoring softly and then I literally started wailing...and er ...woke them all up.

I've never been sworn at more in my life.

I even got told to shut up by my teacher :/

Half an hour later I was still sniffling and sobbing "Why? Noo..."

When we got off the coach everyone was giving me WTF looks.

Cheers for that.

Once again, Miss Fenway, your fantabulous writing has reduced me to both tears and public humiliation.

alwaysconfuzzled x
ILoveBTR4eva chapter 1 . 3/19/2011
Wow, that was fantastic. It actually brought a tear to my eye. Also, I'm sure you've gotten enough sympathy in the past, but I'm really sorry for your loss.

So how about we all think nice happy thoughts about kittens? Lol. :)
Nieninqe chapter 1 . 3/18/2011
This is really, really quite beautiful. I think I say this in every review I leave you, but you constantly astound me with your ability to handle such sensitive subjects so gracefully. This was really well done. I cried. I think all of your stories have made me cry at least a little bit...

You have my very greatest sympathy. I have personally only been through one death that affected me on a very personal level, and I was too young to fully understand, so I don't think I can quite yet imagine the pain. I only know that I wish no one ever had to go through it and that everyone could be spared the heartache. My condolences go out to you and everyone else who was affected by this man's death; he sounds truly wonderful.

Of the entire piece, the greatest line by far was the last one: "Because even if we really did deserve you, Heaven deserved you more". I honestly think that that is the best way to look at death that I have ever encountered, and I'll definitely remember it. All in all, thank you so much for writing this, and again, I truly hope that you are finding the ability to celebrate his life and overcome your grief.

- Erin (Nieninqe)
mIsS-vIcToRy96 chapter 1 . 3/18/2011
This was so amazing! And to think that it's almost exactly true is just heartwrenching. I am so grateful I haven't had anyone super close to me die in such a tragic way before. It really makes me feel for this girl I know who lost her mother a year ago as of two weeks ago. May God rest her soul as well as your friend.
telynher chapter 1 . 3/18/2011
I really love all of your writing. This is the first I have reviewed because mostly am reading on the run. I so appreciate you being a Christian first and foremost. I liked this piece especially since I am a widow now for close to 7 years, with 2 boys growing up without their Daddy. Thus one hit home and often I listen to Mercyme's "homesick" and just cry. Thank you for all your writing. I read it often.

God bless you!
vikwhis13 chapter 1 . 3/18/2011
OH MY GOSH THAT WAS BEAUTIFUL! I LUVED IT!
IHeartLogiebear chapter 1 . 3/18/2011
This was such a beautiful one shot:) I'm sorry for your loss
Allison chapter 1 . 3/18/2011
That was brilliant. I absolutely love that you wrote this in remembrance of him! I'm sure he would so appreciate and love that you did this. And he's probably looking down from heaven on you and all his family and friends smiling.:) Because he's in a better place now and we'll all be there someday too!... The story was great though, I really liked it! Your my favorite fanfiction writer and I LOVE your stories!:D
We Love Trevor And Kayla chapter 1 . 3/18/2011
This was and amazing story. I am very sorry for your loss and his family's loss. But at least today you can say that you got threw your years of firsts. Thank you for sharing your story with us, and please keep up the great writing work. You and the family will be in my prayers. God bless all- We Love Trevor
Saxophones chapter 1 . 3/18/2011
Amazing as always and extremely touching. And you used lyrics from one of my favorite bands again!

I'm sorry for your loss, and I'll be praying for his children.