Reviews for The Simplest Answer II
dragonflylj chapter 1 . 9/16/2014
In short, Leo "went native" as all the explorers/travelers of the 18th & 19th century said. Only his native side is more animal than even humans. I do agree partially since he did seem a little stiff and out of it with April in the movie before he hopped the plane.
I think there was also some "shell shock" with being the Ghost, fighting in guerrilla style against a much more prevalent enemy, kinda Vietnam ish. OMG I totally also didn't mean to have that pun lol, PTSD is what I meant. That would also explain his level of guilt about "failing" with splinter and his mood swings, need to control his environment, and anger IMO. Warriors and soldiers get addicted to the war, and this was him on his own for the first time but just another chapter of fighting for him. The whole movie I was like, dude he's not well and they aren't seeing this why? But it's a kids movie, so c'est la vie.
unknown stranger chapter 1 . 7/10/2014
I'm part of the 1/3 that gets it.
TheDarkKunoichi chapter 1 . 3/16/2014
Why didn't I think of that? It makes perfect sense! Good theory, I would NEVER have thought of that. I think I'm a part of those people who understood it at Don's first explanation. Gosh, now I'm starting to think that IS the true reason. But if he did lost it for two years, why did he sound so normal and casual when he talked to April back then? You would have thought he would act slightly off. But it IS just a theory of yours so yeah. BTW, this doesn't really fit the title 'Simplest Answer' because this time, it's a bit complicated. Unlike the first one with the vacation thing.
Aussiesarah chapter 1 . 1/13/2014
Why didn't I think of that it makes perfect sense!
HandsomeAngel chapter 1 . 8/6/2011
Yes, I am part of the Don Third! XD Which makes sense, I guess, seeing as my friends used to call me Donatello. XP
Linzerj chapter 1 . 3/19/2011
He didn't come home...cuz Leo lost track of time, and reverted back to his animalistic instincts he would've had as a normal Turtle! HUZZAH! I GET IT! XD
Truth Seeker chapter 1 . 3/19/2011
I can totaly understand where your coming from. I go camping alot in the wilderness far from tech, cities etc. and I only have my troop I go with. When I do it for about a week long I lose a sense to keep track of time. I kind of think of myself just part of where I am, even though there are other people around. But, when I'm alone somewhere I just get that sense to not speak, and only thing about trails and landscape, and what I can find in my spare time. For campouts, I'm talking like FAR from civilization. (e.g. Houston to Gorham scout ranch New Mexico.) All desert. Some people, like me, may just feel attatched to the area, and not care about time. You just only have a small bit of humanity.

I hope this might give you all an idea where I'm coming from. And I like the School vs. Summer vacation explanation.

Keep writing Moonsetta!

Sayonara,

Truth Seeker
I Love Kittens too chapter 1 . 3/18/2011
I tried to understand what you try to tell us (the readers) Moonsetta. For me Leo, is like Tom Hanks in the movie "Castaway", where he was left behind in a desert island with no human contact and to try to keep his sanity, he invented an imaginary friend named Wilson that is a football(soccer ball for Americans).
Kitsune1818 chapter 1 . 3/18/2011
'Well, you're the first to take that point as to "why" Leo never returned from their training soon. Most simply handle was captured or was injured or something similar (I've read, at least). I enjoy reading this new theory focused on the book "The Lord of the Flies. "
A Righter chapter 1 . 3/18/2011
I've never read Lord of the Flies before, but I think I understand what you're trying to say. Without the presence of humanity, Leo reverted to a somewhat primal instinct. When that happened, he lost his sense of time, normal instincts, and possibly went a little bit insane.

Does that sound close to what you were trying to convey?
bluepickles92 chapter 1 . 3/18/2011
I think it's more that one has to read "The Lord of the Flies" to understand what your getting at...in my mind a better example is school vs. a long break like summer vacation. During school you have to know what day it is to know when to go to school, like knowing the difference between sunday and monday. But on a long break your not as concerned with the day so you lose track because the names of days lack importance, sunday becomes no different from monday, so knowing the names is pointless. The same goes for other time measurements, for Leo the difference between months and even years became unimportant in his new environment, so he didn't bother paying attention to them.

I hope that made sense. Great story by the way, extremely well written as usual :)