Reviews for Genma Tells His Daughter
Sweet story, thank you :)
Rose1948 chapter 2 . 5/14
Very nice! I enjoyed reading your story. I still feel Genma needs an aircraft carrier-load of hurt delivered to him, though. *chuckles* Most definitely.
Balthanon chapter 2 . 12/2/2015
Spoke a bit more about this in my PM to you, but wanted to leave a review too. I enjoyed this quite a bit as a divergence point for the Genma's Daughter universe. I had a few issues with that story, despite the excellent writing and this provides an interesting alternative take on that which has good potential. I'd love to see the epilogue you described if you ever get a chance.
Pendagar chapter 2 . 3/16/2015
Argh! *clutches chest* The feels! *keels over in chair*

You are so good at writing! This is a well done story, especially with Akane freaking out and your explanation for why she had a panic attack.
One of the things I didn't enjoy about "Genma's Daughter" was how Ranma found out about himself being a girl AFTER he and Akane had gone through so much together. I just couldn't enjoy the story because that would mean that- Oh, I just read your author's note while I typed this. You finished my train of thought for me :)

Great story, and keep writing!

-Pendagar
FireInLife chapter 2 . 2/13/2014
Yup, after last chapter I realized that there really wasn't any goal that you were setting up towards. Sure, you could go through most of the Ranma 1/2 storyline (at least, for certain characters like Ukyo and Ryouga appearing), but it'd take a lot of work to make that into an enjoyable and original story.

Personally, I find that personality is something a person is partially born with and partially influenced by environment. Sure, a person's gender will affect the personality, although it's my opinion that the main reason for that is due to societies expectations of men and women. Besides, gender roles and gender identity are two entirely different subjects.

As for certain events "cementing Ranma and Akane's relationship into a romantic one", I would have to say that love isn't the only motivator out there. Sure, they may be a lot closer to each other, but that doesn't require them to go beyond a platonic love. While Akane may certainly be hurt afterwards, I'd imagine it wouldn't be enough to ruin their bonds after such traumatic experiences. And if both Akane and Ranko were even a little bit bisexual, their relationship might be able to continue even.

As for the planned epilogue...I think while it could be interesting, I'd rather not read something like that. Perhaps Ranma identified as neither gender, so ze decided to jump into the pool in order to switch on and off depending on zer's current preference. While that would be an interesting story in itself, it'd also go too far off from Genma's Daughter, in which Ranko's gender identity is female. And while it's true many same-sex couples will have a sex-change in order to marry their loved ones, it's not something I would enjoy reading about due to my own personal experiences with gender identity.

Anyways, despite my own personal opinions (for they certainly aren't facts, as I have little research on psychology and etc.), this has been a nice and enjoyable read. I'll make sure to check out your otherworks in the future, and thanks for writing all of this c:
FireInLife chapter 1 . 2/13/2014
I know this is an AU from Genma's Daughter and all, but I can't help but think how strange it is that Ranko's remembering everything just because Genma said she was born female. In the original story, Ranko continued trying to deny it until she saw a picture in her room. She had the 'curse', Nodoka calling Ranko her daughter, and home movies before all that, and even then she just barely accepted it. In this story, Ranko's never found out how much easy it is for her to be a girl. Never saw any pictures or something that brought back memories.

And after one nightmare/dream, she's suddenly accepting of that fact. I dunno, it just seems a little bit forced to me. Same with Ranko being easily persuaded to go into the Spring of Drowned Girl if Genma goes into the Spring of Drowned Panda. Sure, I can believe it being a subconscious desire, but I don't think she'd actually go along with it. Even the chance of becoming a girl seems like something she'd avoid at all costs, what with how hard she tries at becoming a man.

It also seems slightly strange how rapidly Ranko changed personality after accepting that she is a girl. Just as it is strange that the last line suggests that Ranko is still trying to deny her feelings despite accepting that she was born a girl. It all seems like it could have been better played than this.

Despite that however, it really is an intriguing idea. Genma's Daughter was an amazing story, as was Equal Halves, and so a story that's related to it like this is something that'll be fun. So thanks for writing this chapter :D
kellym01 chapter 2 . 2/2/2014
What about reuniting the mother and the daughter, there's still tons you could do with this don't stop now
god of all chapter 2 . 6/22/2013
Great chapter and story so far please continue this story soon.
shugokage chapter 2 . 1/29/2013
Amazing story and amazing job on making this perspective!
shugokage chapter 1 . 1/29/2013
Wow this is a nice chapter and interesting story!
Lamorak Korving chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
This is an interesting story, and it certainly explains how Ranma got red hair
in his cursed form. I hope the rest of the story is as enjoyable.
Inuyasha-loves-Hanyou-Kagome chapter 2 . 3/23/2012
I have to say that is done pretty good. Personally I would love to see the epilogue
luger 7 chapter 2 . 3/22/2012
A most excellent fanfic. party on, dude.
Anthony1l chapter 2 . 8/15/2011
This story is hilarious, interesting, original, touching, and unique.
Hetekos chapter 2 . 6/2/2011
ashame your not going to continue it aside from an epologueIMHO this is fantastic start to a really good ranma story and a little AU like what you put in here from Genmas daughter adds spice to the overall story something id follow and keep tabs on a regular basis

suggestion...sorta, Genmas regret for getting Ranko cursed and i can see that he still loves Nodoka and providing he can avoid her katana he can attempt to make up possibly bringing the Saotome family back together