Reviews for Regretful Destiny
Guest chapter 30 . 6/28/2012
Hi!
I love this story so much! (I love everything that has to do with Xena!) Who wrote this? You have to send the rest of it, it can't end here, there's gotta be more!:)
readnowrite chapter 30 . 6/25/2012
i feel bad for xena. if they were lovers how come xena didnt gt like really angry. more angst would be good. and o if xena gets killed and comes back or seriously injured, that would bring in the views. i know i wouldnt forgive that easily for the women im in love with if she slept with a guy and got pregnant, not as quick as xena.
Kane chapter 3 . 6/18/2012
And did you ever thought about how much money will you spend on hay, chaff and other supplements that are feed to horses now? :)

Great story so far, I can't wait to read the rest.

Heh I think I should block fanfiction... :)
ivo1617 chapter 30 . 6/16/2012
Poor Gabby, people are not remembering her name. I bet this never happens to Xena!

Well Callisto definitely seems to be in fine form with her sarcasm. Apparently she needed a chakram in the back to know the Xena was near, instead of actually here.

I think that Callisto actually visited Iphicles' castle in Surpise. The building was way too big to be Alcmene's house. Alcmene almost jumped off a wall near the end of that episode.

I wonder what kind of opinion Callisto has of Hercules and his fighting abilities. For someone who is supposed to understand Xena's plans, she let Velasca go and face Hercules a little too easily. It's pretty obvious that Xena is trying to split the two of them up - Xena will distract Callisto while Hercules deals with Velasca. On the other hand, Callisto doesn't care that much for Velasca so if Hercules were to get her out of the way, she won't mind.

Well Callisto is so desperate for a fight that she is willing to make Xena a goddess so they can always fight. I say that she needs a hobby.

Gabby will get her wish from A Necessary Evil after all. Hercules will be dealing with Velasca. She will be a decent first opponent for the big guy - she's a beginner as a god and she acts like she is unbeatable. She should be getting a hard dose of reality once she is flying through the air courtesy of Herc's fists. And I have always had the sneaky suspicion that the big guy is able to kill gods. After all this is only the first real threat that Hera has sent and I figure there will be more by the end of the story.

I wonder how much grief Herc will get from his mother about (re)marrying. According to the big guy, that's all his mother talks about. And now he has come home with two women that are sure to impress any mother lol.
Silvermoonlight GJ chapter 30 . 6/16/2012
That line from Valasca at the very end was just cold I hope someone is able to save Gabrielle. I think the only chances any of them have is if they turn Valasca and Callisto against each other some how. Wicked fight though with Xena and Callisto felt very true to the series :)
HAZMOT chapter 30 . 6/15/2012
Even with Xena's best intentions to protect Gabrielle. Hercules may be the one to stop both Callisto and Valasca with him being a Demi God. Obviously Callist's fight with Xena was a deversion. With Velasca showing up in Gabrielle's safe haven, I hope Hercules was prepared for this and defend his family. :D
HAZMOT chapter 29 . 5/17/2012
Even with the news to Hercules mother and Jason that they have a new grandaughter, Hercules was a little hesitant to explain how his daughter was conceived with Gabrielle. Luckily his mother is very understanding. But the big threat of Valesca and Callisto still remains a threat once news to Xena and Hercules that they are coming for Gabrielle. One was bad, but two villians with such hatred for both women is going to be handfull. :D
Stardawn19 chapter 29 . 5/14/2012
This seems like a nice in between chapter. Gives Gabreille a chance to heal and rest up, and it's nice to see Herc's mother and give her a chance to meet her grandchild. I think it was amusing how Herc's mother reacted to Gabrielle and Hercules not being married, or telling her about the baby. Your other reviewer had an interesting point. If it were Cyrene, she probably wouldn't have batted an eye at that fact.. lol.

The little bit at the end was interesting too. Callisto and Valesca together.. not a good sign, nor is the fact that they will continue to kill innocents until Xena finds them.
ivo1617 chapter 29 . 5/14/2012
I think that my last review was a sign that I like to talk about Herc too much. I forgot to mention that Gabby gets another chance at being a mother. I am sure that she knew that the situation around Hope's birth was less than ideal, but she was so happy to be a mother.

That was a funny Joxer joke in the second or third paragraph. Joxer liking Gabrielle is one of the facts of the show. Xena likes to fight and Joxer likes Gabrielle (though Gabby is somehow oblivious to it).

I think that Alcmene lives near Corinth, but not in the actual city like you are suggesting in this chapter.

Well, Herc kind of got in trouble with his mother. Alcmene has always been very understanding, but she also expects a lot from Herc. Though in this case, she was right not to really say anything of be judgmental since she has always been happy that Zeus left her with a wonderful son.

The message at the end of the chapter is for Xena? What about Herc?
Silvermoonlight GJ chapter 29 . 5/14/2012
Its really nice to see Alcmene in this story, she's a kind and loving woman and a wonderful on screen character, nice to see her helping. I am wondering what she is going to think though when she hears the story of how this child came about. In that Xena is Gabrielle's lover but Hercules is the farther and both are looking after this child. I'm really interested to see where you go with this as it’s a topic that’s never been done with Alcmene and we know Cyrene wouldn't bat an eyelid and Herodotus has shown that his coming around to the idea but Alcmene could be a whole different ball game.
ivo1617 chapter 28 . 3/24/2012
It's nice to see that Herc has some sort of family again. Many of the people he was close to have died, some of them more than once. And he has always loved children - Herc always seems to work extra hard when there are children to be saved. Still I feel bad for the big guy since he would not be able to see his daughter on a regular basis, but the situation is less than ideal. To make matters worse, now Gabby is also a target even though she is not Herc's wife or girlfriend.

The fight scene was very descriptive as usual. Hera's minions seemed tougher this time. Xena had to take down a few while helping Gabby give birth and Herc had to resort to throwing rocks. Hey maybe that's Herc's version of using a chakram, after all he never misses.

It's doubtful that Callisto and Velasca would cause too much trouble - surely Herc can deal with two beginner gods. And if he were to get hold of something that could kill gods, then Gabby and their daughter could be left alone all together. I mean it worked for the Sovereign, though he had different purposes.

Xena has had quite a turnaround since the beginning of the story. She is not freaking out about what might have happened between Gabrielle and Hercules and she is being very supportive of Gabby. Xena definitely seems to be embracing her role in her new family.

Another interesting thing about this story is Ares doing a good deed in the previous chapter and not asking for anything in return. Is he becoming nice or is the world coming to an end?
LeftWriter224 chapter 28 . 3/23/2012
Great!
Stardawn19 chapter 28 . 3/22/2012
Nice ending to this struggle with the birth. Some good fights scenes...and I love how even though Xena was preoccupied with Gabrielle and her labor that she was still able to help with that cool chakram through.

So now the baby is here...and I do so approve of the name..lol.I'm also glad that Herc was there and got that special moment to bond. Nicely done.
HAZMOT chapter 28 . 3/22/2012
Finally, Gabrielle has a daughter and Hercules has a child to fill his life. But as we know Hera couldn't leave well enough alone. She had to bring in Callisto and Velasca. Those two psychotic women will do anything to be set free and kill their enemy of Xena and Gabrielle. However, I didn't think they go so low to kill a innocent child. I just hope that Zeus intervenes like Ares did. :D
Silvermoonlight GJ chapter 28 . 3/21/2012
This was a brilliant chapter you handled the birth scene so well it really believable but at the same time really tense because of everything which was going on around Gabrielle as the other protected her in every way possible. I think it made the final moment of birth really heartfelt and emotional. Hera's new plan though that sends shivers down my spine Velasca and Callisto together as a godly team that’s just really scary its like Hera's pulling out every single ace card she can get her hands on.
159 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »