Reviews for What Happens Behind Closed Doors
loveistheheartsmiling137 chapter 1 . 5/16/2011
This makes me cry every time I read it. I can't stop going back to it, it draws me in and captures my heart, not to sound poetic... I want to say that it seems so depressing and it hurt me to read this because this was exactly how I felt when I was visiting Narnia. I wanted to ask if you considered making a sequel of some sort. It would be pretty awesome with your writing talent. Just to see what he does after getting out of the hospital. It would be interesting :)
AlyDmy chapter 1 . 4/14/2011
Well Im now crying...

I guess thats proof of how great a writer you are. You have me balling as I stare at the screen.

Very sad story, but great job.
OhioCanSometimesBeABore chapter 1 . 3/19/2011
Good story and sorry to tell you this but - this scenario would NEVER happen in a million in a place like small town / average city Ohio - where everyone knows and talks about everyone's else's business (and where no sane parent would ever be dumb enough to risk time in a prison due to brutally attacking their own kid ... for any reason).

At worst, the dad would have told Dave that he couldn't take the risk of being the subject of gossip by the other townees - would have sent Dave away to live with some family friend or "to help out with" an elderly relative (like some sort of unwed, pregnant teen-aged girl in the 1950s) until he turned 18 - and then (once he had turned 18) told him he was on his own – all to avoid town gossip (which is also the main reason the risk of physical violence would have NEVER had entered the picture).
Dave3sKurtD chapter 1 . 3/19/2011
Good writing and this story caught my interest because ...

On the TV show GLEE - they presented Dave's dad (Paul) as being

a gentle, kind, concerned, very soft-spoken man - who seems to

sense that his son may be / is gay (as noted in his inquiry as

to why 'Kurt' was the specific target of Dave's bullying) &

he seemed to try to indicate to Dave that it would be 'OK'

for Dave to just feel free to admit to his perhaps being

gay and to his hidden feelings for / attraction to Kurt.

In the fanfiction, however, everyone seems to want to

make Paul (Dave's dad) out to be a violent homophobe

(which is not at all how he's presented on the show).

Anyway – I’m looking forward to reading more and am

hoping that any rejection of or hostility toward Dave (by

his dad, Paul) for being gay turns out to be a bad dream

or a daydream based on Dave’s fear-based imagination. D
Greys has become my life chapter 1 . 3/19/2011
excellent story, excellent doctor.
theycallmelokiontumblr chapter 1 . 3/18/2011