Reviews for Hearts and Spades
PinKrystal chapter 1 . 7/8/2014
This one made me cry. I really wish you have sekuel or xtra chapter. I love it! Kyaa
Yoshikuni Itoe chapter 1 . 2/27/2013
*blubbering mess* Uwaaaaaaaaaaa! Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, Daemon! Chrome! Uwaaaaaaaaaaa! Dx I LOVE THIS TRAGIC STORY! It's so sad, I wanna cry...
Mina chapter 1 . 12/20/2012
I never thought I'd shed tears for a fanfic.
I cried a lot, you know. But this fic has stayed in my heart ever since the first time I've read it :)

Good work!
Il.mio.nome.e.Chrome.Dokuro chapter 1 . 3/28/2012
The hell are you talking about; this is a very imaginative piece of work! I was held mesmerized by the world you were creating with your words and the whole Alice in Wonderland slash River Styx myth feel of the whole universe they were in. Sure, the whole effect may be wanting some details but that was because it was merely one sided. The whole thing would have gathered more depth if you managed to alternate with Daemon's POV as well so your reader could get a better view of the world you were creating.

And the ending, OMG; I could totally hear and picture Chrome in my head singing the World of Midnight by Minako Obata from Black Lagoon: Second Barrage! I'm actually listening to it right now; your fic made me want to tune into the song again. Thank you, this was great.

~ .nome. .Dokuro
VongolaXII chapter 1 . 2/3/2012
...i've already read your story from a long time ago and I didn't knew it was you, Patricia-chan! I love your story to my heart! 3
Eiida-chan chapter 1 . 11/6/2011
This story was really touching! I cannot stop crying! This is really good! I'm not too fond of Dae96 pairing, but this story makes me like that pairing so much that I added it as my second favorite pairing (with 6996 number one, of course). I LOVE IT! YOU'RE A GREAT AUTHOR! YOU DESERVE MORE REVIEW THAN THIS!

Too bad that this is only a one-shot... I think it'll be better if you make it as a series... I hope you write more story like this. Looking forward for your next story! (If you have any plan to write one that is).

Good Luck!
Frost190 chapter 1 . 11/2/2011
This story sad...yet so good... This story has touched my heart very much...I LOVE IT! Please make another Dae96 story like this, but if possible, I prefer a happy ending one.
THISISNOT chapter 1 . 6/22/2011
I haven't read such a dark and heart wrenching story in such a long time. And honestly, it's flooding me with a lot of inspiration, something I'm grateful for.

The story is simple, as is the writing style, language, and everything else. Yet there's a load of complexities hidden beneath it. For an AU, I found many things confusing but call me weird, it's those confusions that makes it all the more intriguing. It gives is a layer of mystery, a layer of additional darkness. I thought the world could have a bit more description, and more explanation about all the spades and clubs and so on. I love the little interaction that causes the reader to really feel the love that is blooming, much like a shy schoolgirl with her first love, even though Chrome is already over 200 years old. For a shoujo fangirl like me, it had me squealing throughout, yet sad that I know it probably will not have a happy ending. However, the ending was already written very beautifully, It had a somber yet somewhat this-is-the-best-that-could-happen feel and I wouldn't have asked for a different one. Even though I feel that some parts could be more elaborate, I honestly think this is one of your best pieces of work yet.

Overall, I can't sum up how much emotions it brings forth from the reader and how much I love it. If this was a person, I would probably have hugged it to death already. :P
Crenou chapter 1 . 5/12/2011
It's good! I love the scenes to the point the I wanted to cry at the end, and the parting scene was good! I love how you mixed the lullaby and sleep together and associate it with their foreboding death/parting though I find something's missing from the story. Maybe a little more definite name for the places because it kind of confuses me between 'out here' and 'out there' because I don't know where she really is especially when she set foot at the land of Spades (am I right?).

Anyway, good job at the story and good luck for entrance exams! hope you do more good stories in the future. :D
The Storyteller of Dreams chapter 1 . 5/9/2011
Wow, this is really good. As far as I can see there's no spelling mistakes. I'm not really good at tenses though, so I can't give a good review on that. The story itself is long and interesting. You made me wonder, why is a Heart so rare and important? What's the point of going Out There? The bit about Tsuna as the Boss of Clubs took me by surprise, though not Giotto, but the way you made him into the antagonist kinda awe me and scared me (scared at the Giotto in this fic). It flows seamlessly, unhindered and it takes you on an interesting journey. It's really good, please keep writing _
Apparappa chapter 1 . 4/8/2011
FINALLY~! I finally got the time to sit down, print and read this. I don't know why but I recently got into the habit of printing stories onto paper to read them. Ok now on to the story, I'll list what I didn't like first, what I liked next, the things that I absolutely loved about it and finally an overall review. This is my first time doing a constructive review (constructive in my eyes anyways, my friends think it's too stuffy and seriouse) on a fanfic so I'm sorry if it seems a bit weird! Ok but seriously now, review time. NOW!

Ok I know this might sound a little strange but I found the word "poppet" to be a bit funny, I don't know why, really. Maybe I've been watching too many pirate movies or old literature. Well I'll stop bugging you about "Poppets" and move on. Me being the person I am got a bit...annoyed(?) with the punctuation, if my senile (14 year old) mind serves me right then the part where Chrome introduced herself should've had a comma at the end of the dialogue. Mind you that is a common mistake, I even make it. I also felt that at some parts a better selection of words could've been used instead as well as that sometimes I felt that the wrong form of that word was being used like this part, '"I am a Heart after all." I answer. "I cannot die that easily."' I personally feel that this could've flowed into one nice sentence. I would also like to highlight the word "Answer" In my opinion it should be answered but hey, whatever rocks your boat. -shrugs- And there was no pun intended there (lies with open eyes.) The setting was a bit on the light side and I had to get creative for imagining the setting, that's not neccasarilly a bad thing though ;D. Ok only two more things left for me to whine about. Towards the end where Chrome is all " No, no, no." I would've preffered if that last no was bolded and in italics, again that might just be me and my recent stickler editing/reviews. Finally I actually think that this should've been slightly longer. Why? Because some paarts seemed a bit condensed and I think I spotted a bit of rushing at one point, don't remember where and I'm feel too lazy to go flip through the pages again. There, that's all I have to rant about. Now time for the stuff I enjoyed .b

The setting again, I know I put it in the "What I didn't like" section but you know what? It's a controversial thing as some people just need very discriptive settings and some people just become accustomed to them. Either that or some just prefer it that way. I do however find that a less descriptive setting let's you be all the more creative with the story and I personally enjoy it. Don't get me wrong, I like my descriptive settings to, I just prefer letting my imagination going wild. The title is true to it's word, I don't know why but I seem to like it when writers do that. Some people don't, others do, again it's whatever rocks their boat. The dialogue seemed so appropriate to me, it just worked. I liked the situations for the subsidary characters, it was just the right amount. XD There wasn't that much too like in this story, but there's a lotta love in it.

My god what wasn't there to not love? Other then what I stated before but I think half of that was personal. Card suites, I find them a little hard to write in stories and I just loved the way you wrote them. THE INTERACTIONS! OMG! Enough said XD. Tsuna and Giotto were just a K.O to my mind, I loved it. If you've noticed that I've been delving a little less right now is because it's 12:30 in the morning right now and I'm tired. Anyhow, back to the review!

I love how you wrote Chrome, it was just a pure win. Yes Chrome was out of character canon wise but I've fallen in love with your Chrome, not really but she was so...(Put amazing praise word here). Is that a fantasy wonderlandesqeu undertone I see? I think it is! It was amazing, it added a lot of depth and it just grabbed me. It helped create this wonderful world in my mind and it affected everyone, I think it did anyways. Actually the undertone and how it works with the whole plot made it what I think I can say is a true literary artpiece. The whole story was just amazing, it was angsty but not in a way that it was so blaitly obvious and it was romantic in all the right ways. The drama made me feel for them, especially at the end.

So ya, just watch for your grammar, punctuation, highlight etc. They're all common problems that people like me (even though I slip up all the time) find ridiculously annoying. The entire story was amazing in general though, it was engrossing, enchanting and beautiful all at the same time. Oh god this is going to be hard to top, I feel like I'm going to lose in this round because of this T.T However you're the only person who's actually submitted so far and I know I can submit mine the moment I can actually save it onto my computer. I think that we're the only people who's actually started and gotten to the end with our stories so far. Meh oh well, best of luck to the both of us .
Unknown-Girl chapter 1 . 3/25/2011
Ah! I really Loved the wonderland feel you gave the story! First, D/C fanfic I've read and now I love these two together. You are an amazing writer!
Maria chapter 1 . 3/24/2011
Absolutely Beautiful...your story has made me love these two even more! :)
Anon chapter 1 . 3/20/2011
I can't help but be entranced by that fascinating world you made. Characters were a little off, but nothing too big. Nice work!
Maverick no Knight chapter 1 . 3/20/2011

I loved everything; the way Daemon and Chrome conveyed their feelings and not to forget, Tsuna & Giotto & gang being baddass! That was AWESOME!

Favorited this~~