Reviews for Anguish in Reunion
gummy b3ars chapter 1 . 1/31
I read this so many times but doesn't fail to make me cry. This is so heartbreaking, i wonder what will be naruto's life after the war without hinata? Moving is very hard. But i'm so glad that this sad love story for them didn't happen. Good job making this wonderful fic
anlmoon chapter 1 . 3/4/2014
that was epic fighting with great emotions. but really if mandra or kabuto really wanted naruto they could of dont that already (idoits :) ). Thanks or writing this, It was awesome!
Heavy D. Friky chapter 1 . 7/6/2012
This was a very nice story! Although, a little sad, but I ultimately enjoyed it very much, well done! :D
Chinkypinai chapter 1 . 6/11/2012
This has to be the most depressing thing I have read on here!

You made me CRY!

I think that this was very well explained and had so much to back it up!

BRAVO! But you know sad.
Illuminaera chapter 1 . 3/4/2012
I think this is a very well written tragedy. Don't feel bad about the action scenes(I have trouble with them myself), I think this was more about the back and forth between the characters, and you handled this very well. Best of all, it made me cry! xD This is always a sign of a good tragedy. Keep up the good work, and stop being so hard on yourself.
TwiliFay chapter 1 . 1/24/2012
To letters F U! That was so sad, so cudos for almost making me cry. You did a very good job. I t was sad to see Hinata as a pawn, and her dead. I am pleased co congradulation very good job. Your right most Narunata fan dont write tragety and the ones that do end with suside, witch i really dont like. But good job on this.
RisingMist chapter 1 . 11/6/2011
Well done! I don't know why I read it though. I abhor tragedy, loathe it. I have no interest in reading any more of it. Don't take it badly. Its just my personal taste in stories. You've really done a good job though.
Solvdrage chapter 1 . 9/1/2011
I can't believe I haven't reviewed this before today! I've read this story several times. It's a gut-wrencher. A Beautiful tragedy.
Chewie Cookies chapter 1 . 5/30/2011
Wow... Damn, that was heart-wrenching... I'm actually crying...
Ikasury chapter 1 . 5/29/2011
i love it!

and who the h-ll says we don't love tragedy anymore? okay, no one REALLY likes tragedy, because somewhere deep down we all want that 'happy ending', but real literary-lovers/bibliophiles AKA me, love a show of tragedy because it is real, it shows the real capability of emotions, because emotions can only be truly expressed at their extremes, like true love can only be rightfully displayed alongside true anguish... because the world is cruel like that... to have a tragedy with a somewhat 'happy ending' is not only rare, but AMAZING! and i think you accomplished this rather well, yes she's still dead and as much as we'd all love her to be 'alive' she isn't, but in her 'death' she showed her true strength, got to see the man she loved one last time, and managed to inspire him all the more...

why if i didn't know any better, i'd say you've got a legit Naruto-scene going here, props to you!

and yes, Naruto doesn't get the girl he wants, having to rip his own heart out fighting her all over again, but his faith in her ability was proven right, and he got to see her one last time, cleansing him of all the angst and encouraging him to continue on!

again, are you sure this isn't a real naruto-scene? i swear if i ever see something like this in the real anime, i'm sueing Kishimoto for you... and it proves he reads fanfiction...

also, i like the inventiveness, i hate all those 'typical' fics, they really make the originals lose their bite, so its nice to read something that's 'new', plus since you're a real fan it makes it all the better that you were capable of writing something against your hopes... it adds to the awesomeness of the tragedy...

*bows* i highly approve, one fan to another...

i may have to look at what else you have...

Till next *Salute-waves* Sayounara, Grand Lord Atos!

-Ikasury
naruhinastalker349 chapter 1 . 4/15/2011
wow i absolutly love you story! at first I was a little put off when I found out Hinata was dead, but I kept reading and practically cried. I love how you showed Naruto's feelings for Hinata and the overall feel of the whole story. a really touching and good story nice work!
KageMCS chapter 1 . 4/11/2011
Fantastic tragedy, I was sobbing before I was halfway through. You're really being too hard on yourself as far as the tragedy goes, it's perfect. The action could have stood a bit more detail, but then again you don't want to focus too much on the physical fight and undermine the internal battle. Good job.
SourGrapes101 chapter 1 . 4/7/2011
Well, seeing as you advertised it in the NaruHina FC I guess I should give some feedback. I'll be honest and say that this kinda thing isn't exactly what I usually go for (character death, lack of a happy ending - even though there was a 'resolution' of sorts - and the general tragic mood were all features that, whilst certainly not bad, are just not to my preference) but it was still tastefully done and well written for the most part.

First off, the idea behind the plot is a solid one and is actually something that I don't think I've ever seen done in fanfiction before, so well done for the originality. I'm sure pretty much every NaruHina fan must have wondered at least fleetingly about what would have happened if she really had died and this fic explores those ideas quite well.

The action scenes were decent, though I agree with your Author's Notes that they could possibly have been improved. It's difficult to put my finger on what exactly was 'wrong' with it though... I think, re-reading it, that the pace is the main issue - a real fight would be fast paced, flurried and action packed, but your scenes are somewhat 'stop-start' and fragmented, due to all the dialogue. In addition, Naruto seems to take a ridiculous amount of beating by the end of the fight (coughing blood, getting hit full on by Juuho Soushiken etc) and it's a little unrealistic that he doesn't seem to weaken throughout the entire battle. I mean, yeah, he's a stamina freak, but for nearly of the fight he doesn't even try to dodge the attacks, which felt a little forced, only included for the emotional side of the fic - he probably wouldn't fight as well as he could, and maybe couldn't raise his hands to strike back, but not defending himself at all felt somewhat overly dramatic... I dunno, maybe that's just me. Still, you did well with the detail of the fight scenes; too many fight scenes I've read try and describe every punch, kick and block in excruciating detail, so I'm glad you avoided it, because all it ends up doing is confusing the reader!

I thought one of the things you did best when writing this was capturing Naruto's emotional turmoil - it's obvious that you put a lot of effort into showing his distress and guilt. If I had one criticism it would be that he doesn't seem to all that much anger at himself despite calling himself 'stupid,' but that's just a minor nitpick - his attempts to break through to Hinata were very striking regardless.

Hinata's emotional state was also nicely done. Her attempts to break free from Kabuto's control were well written in that they show her desperation and horror at hurting the person she cares for most, and even her angry lashing out, calling Naruto 'selfish,' still felt in character. As kind a person as Hinata is, I'm sure she would still, deep down, have feelings of insecurity and frustration. Although she loves him, Naruto's obliviousness for so long would have hurt her - it's testament to the strength of her feelings and the depth of her love that she still cares so strongly for him even after all the heartache.

I was also impressed by the Madara and Kabuto interaction scenes; in fact, they were probably the highlight of the fic. You did their 'evil plotting and gloating' thing extremely well and the tension between them was very cleverly played out, always under the surface as almost a 'power struggle.' I did feel it was a bit overused by the end of the fic though - it took away from the emotional impact of Naruto trying to overcome his feelings and halted a lot of the action. The jumping around from scene to scene in a oneshot is probably less vital than it would be in a multi-chapter fic, as it seems more important that the main action takes precedence.

Finally, the ending was very emotional and the dialogue between Naruto and Hinata was truly touching. I felt it did get a little cliche at times, such as the whole 'storm lifting' thing to tie in with their resolved emotions (pathetic fallacy in general is something that feels a tad jaded to me, to be honest, since practically every writer since the beginning of time seems to use it, and it just comes across as lazy in a lot of fics - though not this one, it has to be said, since the emotional impact on the reader doesn't rely solely on the weather!), but it was still extremely well written and after seeing Naruto in doubt for so long it was a welcome relief that he finally showed his inner resilience and determination come to the fore.

Sorry if this comes across as overly negative, it was still a good fic even if it personally wasn't to my exact preferences. Good luck with any future NaruHina stuff you write!
eternal-butterfly chapter 1 . 3/29/2011
...wow... I dont really venture into naruhina but... WOW!

This is breathtaking!

Most definatly the best naruhina i have reead in a very LOOOOONG time!

Its so heart felt and moving, you can really feel the anguish and pain both are feeling with the battle they have been forced into, against one another, with such sad, mourning emotions.

This fic wil definate stay with me for a long time, thank you sooo much! Please keep up the amazing work, im very much looking forward to more of your work!

Eternal_butterfly xx x
gambet chapter 1 . 3/24/2011
This is probably the best story i have read on here, no lie.