Reviews for Sick of Shadows
Guest chapter 5 . 12/14/2017
This is very good. You really did well in capturing the individual characters of each, and I especially like how you wrote Fanny and her relationship to others. I hope you are able to return to finish this, because it is one of the best I have read.
rosesoul chapter 5 . 11/30/2017
Amazing writing! How I wish this story was completed.
Kfkyle chapter 1 . 7/27/2017
Please continue with the story.. Please.. ️ Its a good read, hope you find time updating.. begging on bendes knees..
jackattack7 chapter 5 . 3/19/2017
i see it's been a while, but any possibility of this story continuing?
Loving This chapter 5 . 2/19/2017
I miss this story! The slow burn gets me every time. Someday or year when you have time, I pray you'll pick up your pen/laptop again. ;)
momentofbored chapter 5 . 2/15/2017
I'm soooo bummed this stopped where it did!
gillilog chapter 5 . 11/16/2016
This is a really fantastic story. I'll make up my own ending unless you have more?
eridani chapter 5 . 4/13/2016
Wonders never cease! I read up through chapter 9 via dreamwidth, including the sort-of-included-but-not-really bedroom scene, and something about the writing must have twigged with me, because then I came over here to check that, yes, I had in fact read something of yours several years ago in the BtVS fandom. Your writing is always so consistently good!

I love that you've worked on the development of these characters so thoroughly. Your Margaret and Thornton really leap off the page, so to speak. I think it's really remarkable that you are able to do so much with interior processes- the obstacles (the ones that mattered) to their successful relationship were all self-generated, and essentially all the solutions are to be found within as well. There are very few external plot crises to push the protagonists together, other than the initial marriage, but the whole thing is still completely riveting because you do character development so well.

Really enjoyed spending a few hours with your Margaret and Thornton - thanks for sharing!
Katydid42 chapter 5 . 4/3/2016
This a lovely story. Margaret and Mr. Thorton's squabbles make my heart ache for them. I would be so pleased if you would continue this tale.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/15/2016
This is a great fic and i really hope you continue with it. One of the best ive read!
Larkscope chapter 5 . 9/30/2015
This is one of the absolute best North & South stories I've read. I hope you get the chance to update it someday.
ChrisDurin chapter 1 . 9/21/2015
I want to strangle her. Even then some things were obvious.
sweetrupturedlight chapter 5 . 9/12/2015
I was pointed in the direction of this fic by ladyofglencairn and read it, and the subsequent chapters on another site, with rapt attention. What an incredibly complex, beautifully in character fic that realistically traces the ever growing awareness between these complex characters. You have written what is easily one of the best fanfics for this pairing imo, and I am only sorry that there is not more of it, that the conclusion of their journey has not been completed. It was almost painful to realise that it ends at such a crucial point for both characters - the realisation that Margaret yearns for her husbands touch, and the apparent shame John feels at his overwhelming passion for her. You have written these characters with such care and consideration for their original literary counterparts. The gradual build of Margaret's relationship with her husband, the understanding and the affection for him is realistically drawn, so that by the time she playfully teases him, by the time her own passions stir for him, it feels natural and earned. I too have failed to complete fan fiction in the past and now keenly feel the loss readers feel when something so enjoyed is not complete. I will thank you however for what you have gifted us with. It is truly a masterpiece. I can only hope that life and a muse allows you to someday return to this marvellous work and see it to its conclusion. I love in hope. Well done. And thank you. Lastly, I am not sure why the other chapters are not posted here. I would encourage you to add it to this fic, so as not to deprive other readers.
LadyOfGlencairn chapter 5 . 9/7/2015
I'm not certain if I've reviewed this before. I do know that I've read it a while back and absolutely fell in love with it. The story is wonderful and Margaret and Mr Thornton is so perfectly in character and their story is so realistic and easy to see playing out on screen or indeed within the confines of a novel. I love that you've taken the time to create a sort of intimacy between them - one of the mind rather than the flesh (I do hope we get to that!) - that is slowly bringing them closer as they get to know one another better. Margaret is finding her preconceived notions about him to be false and I do believe she's slowly falling in love with him, even if she doesn't realise it yet. And Mr Thornton is just so honourable and swoonworthy. Urgh. This fic is absolutely perfect.

You wrote this some years ago and I have no idea why you stopped. It makes me incredibly sad that there is no end to this lovely story. I know how hard it can be to try and rekindle the passion to finish a project that's been left incomplete for so long, but I sincerely hope that someday you do. This is without a doubt the best N&S fic I've ever read and it would be a shame indeed if you never got around to writing an ending for these wonderfully complex characters.

I write this before reading the last chapter. I am too afraid to get to the end knowing there is no more! Very, very well done!
Carolineonestop chapter 5 . 6/3/2015
Please keep this story going. We need this updated please