Reviews for Acquired Taste
Miyaow chapter 1 . 3/20/2011
I'm a cat person, but certain dogs are cute. Not much into toy dogs...they're too high maintenance and well, not as functional as regular dogs.

May I suggest Soul be a white Siberian husky? :D

Because they look cool and look like wolves! And that sorta matches Soul.

Maka seems so... grouchy here. Will Soul manage to warm her up?

May I also suggest that she would be pleasantly surprised as the "dog" doesn't need to be trained and understands her as well as any human would? Trained like, it goes and accompanies her to bathe, as it bathes as often as humans, and that it knows how to use the toilet bowl and insists on eating at the table like a human, not to mention sleeping with her in the same bed?

I lay my suggestions at your mercy, o great author!

Seriously, I really like this concept and story. I really hope you continue it and update it soon! Good work! :)
Souliel chapter 1 . 3/20/2011
I always say I like cats better, yet I have four dogs. Go figure. lol

Awesome story! Maka is a little rough, but that's okay. Keep it coming please!
SadisticOtaku57 chapter 1 . 3/20/2011
Awesome story XD

Cats.

Definitely cats.

Dogs are cool too.

I just love cats more.

I 3 my cat, Alice-chan. XD
Lakshyarahita chapter 1 . 3/20/2011
Cats, personally...but dogs can be so cute...

I like Maka's character, actually, but I'd like to see how her and Tsubaki become friends. Perhaps Black Star is obsessed with dogs?

I think it's about time Soul starts responding to her like a human would. For example, she asks him a question and he nods or shakes his head? Helps her find her car keys? Sits on top of her car keys while she looks for them for a hour and then doggy-smirks at her when she realizes he's been sitting on her keys the WHOLE TIME? lol, just suggestions, of course.
Rocket2SE chapter 1 . 3/20/2011
It's pretty good so far :D I like dogs but I love cats more X3
BedknobsAndLlamas chapter 1 . 3/20/2011
story seems cool so far. maka seems a bit extreemish but cute animals have a way of fixing that. I would be on team dog because im allergic to cats, however despite this i do own a dog and a cat, my dog is adorable, she has big puppy eyes and tries so hard to be human and is just cuteness in the extreme. my cat im positive is plotting to kill me...but she only ever manages to make me sneeze :D lucky for her shes cute to.
ariniad chapter 1 . 3/20/2011
This is great! :D

Yeah, maybe Maka a little bit OOC here, but that's no problem! That's still very accepted. ;-)

CONTINUE, PLEASE!

I love cats. I likes dogs too, but my religion forbid to touch dogs, so...

But, I love cats more.:D (see? I use word 'love' than 'likes' for cats)
Mynameiseliza chapter 1 . 3/19/2011
Dogs. They're just too cute :] except when they bark.
A skeleton chapter 1 . 3/19/2011
OOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo, I like it, any side stories? Expecially about DTK?
Alex-Chan 1234 chapter 1 . 3/19/2011
OHHH i can give u ideas tell me if u like them K?:

1. ( this is already know since she hasent thrown him away yet) Maka for some ODD reason likes this (demon) dog.

2. WHAT IF blackstar was a dog 2!

3.A witch named Medusa casted a curse on soul

4. Medusa's sister Eruka casted a curse on blackstar

BOTH of them r dogs but got serperated but tsubacki( or however u spell her anme) found backstar

and tsubacki become BFFS

CURE TO THE CURSE IS A KISS!

soul is a dog he starts to like maka

9. same for blackstar

OK! DO U LIKE THEM? TELL ME IF U WANT ANYMORE!( oh GOD i sound like patty)

OH AND WILL U ADD KID AS A DOG AND LIZ AND PATTY FIND HIM FREE CASTEDFD A CURSE ON HIM
Rayquaza chapter 1 . 3/19/2011
I have to say,this is amazing.

I always have something to criticize,but I honestly thought this is perfect up till now.

Maka may be OOC,but the context of the story /makes/ her be that way. Otherwise the story wouldnt be half as ,its a refreshing and new personality,which makes it very interesting.

Off topic on the story itself,I personally like cats better. I like dogs,but cats are definitely much more interesting and enjoyable to have,in my opinion.
MadBloodCrona chapter 1 . 3/19/2011
Wait... if Maka's an Athiest why is she worried about Heaven?
AliceUnknown chapter 1 . 3/19/2011
It's awesome! what the fuck you talking about, sucks?

lol, please continue~!

if you're talking about guidance, i dont know if you planned this or not, but it sounds like you were going to make Soul a half-human half-dog...uh, creature. In which case, UBER-continue!

i really like dogs a lot, maybe more than cats, but if i were to choose an animal to live with, it would be a cat. much cheaper maintenance and a nice companion :3

AND I CAN NAME IT NEKO~CHAN! :DDD