Reviews for Beneath the Lilac Tree
sleonard chapter 19 . 8/14
ABBQ - I can't thank you enough for this amazing tale. It's one of the most creative, intriguing, and emotionally gripping GH FFs I've ever read. I know it has been five years in the making, but I would gladly wait as long as it takes to read whatever other installments you're able to make. Thank you again! I so dearly hope there will be more!
Spiceandsugar10 chapter 19 . 7/6
The plot of this story is so refreshing! I couldn't stop reading it :D. It's very very well written and I can tell you've put a lot of thought into the story telling and general overlay of the events. And even then, there's still so much we don't know that can still be uncovered; this story is just not predictable, which is great. Rarely does a fanfic leave me speculating so much! Can't wait to read more and see how you decide to thread everything together!
BustedChina chapter 15 . 7/4
It really made me smile to see Gene note "Same Difference" to Mai. I use that all the time towards my kid brother. And what a shock to see 3 irregulars in one sitting! I half expected to see Ayako at the shrine instead of Masako. As always wonderful writing :)
BustedChina chapter 13 . 7/4
It makes me scared to think that something could happen to Naru in this timeline. On another note, it would be interesting to see if John or any of the other Irregulars remember anything that occured in the other timelines. As always you did a wonderfull job!
BustedChina chapter 3 . 7/2
Hahaha, poor Lin, always getting caught up in Naru's schemes. It's great that he's in on the action now. :D
BustedChina chapter 1 . 7/2
That was beautiful! The prologue was extremely well written and the original idea is fantastic!
JMaxi chapter 19 . 6/4
This is an incredible story, with such an original plot! I can't wait to read more and see how everything unfolds!
skrebnyova95 chapter 19 . 6/2
Jesus, i finished... I was absolutely sure that the story had been finished, and now I understood, that the main plot twist will be in the future chapters. Man, I felt a bit like a fish out of water. I fond of this story and I hope, that the new part is on its way to readers. Thank you very much you keep on BTLT, this is a wonderful, intriguing fanfic, I love how you show characters, their relations and feelings. And I wish you a lot of patience, inspiration and enough free time.
skrebnyova95 chapter 10 . 5/28
After a studing break I'm here again! Man, I love this story so much. During the chapters I manadged to feel sad and deeply happy many times, it's like a roller coaster. Dear Author, your sense of humor is fabulous. Especially in this extract: "Heaven forbid, Noll, that Lin have even an inkling that you and May were snogging..." I laughed so hard. Thank you very much for this amazing story, I just want to read more and more and more and more... You understand, yeah :D
skrebnyova95 chapter 3 . 5/12
Oh my God, oh my God, OH MY GOD! Dear author, what are you doing with me? My mind has just collapsed! The plot twists makes me cry out and bite my fingers. The future (if i'm not mistaken) love triangle will tear my nervous apart, I'm sure. Thank you very much for this incredible story! 3
skrebnyova95 chapter 1 . 5/11
This story is just awesome *0* Even the Prologue and the Part 1 is read as a completed, open-final story. It's amazing. The grown-up characters in their young bodies gives you a lot of "place" for imagination and justified OOC. And, to be honest, this Naru makes my heart beating faster
I really likes your style of narration, so I'll be glad to read the remaining parts) Thank you for your hard work!
SadderPanda chapter 19 . 3/10
This is by far the best Ghost Hunt fanfic I've read. The attention to detail is superb. By coincidence, I went to SCSU in New Haven Connecticut back in 1981-83. If you ever want some descriptions of what it looked like. Your writing skill is also the best I've read here and maybe you will publish your own novel someday. I hope you will be updating, this is quite the cliffy.
Jade Starlight chapter 19 . 3/10
I just got don re-reading this for a second time (yea, I do that with my favorite fics when I am bored lol), & HOLY COW! I can't believe I forgot how great this is! One of the rare amazing stories on here for sure. And you are just keeping the momentum up, so awesome. I hope you update regularly, though I know it can be hard. All the same, I will be faithfully following the updates when I can! Keep up the amazing work! This is by far a dizzying, wonderfully original story that I hope I get to read the end of. Too good not to be finished!
Eyeliner-Vampire chapter 19 . 3/4
So sorry this review took me so long to get to! I read this chapter the day it was updated by I haven't been able to review until now, so let me make it awesome:

This story is, in one word, magnificent. You've got every little detail that somehow snowballs into the next until it builds up into this chaotic and beautiful reveal that leaves your readers speechless. You ha e just the right amount of explanation and 'read-between-the-lines that we have no problem understanding where it is your going.

Now that that's over...
EEEEEEEEEEEK
I don't know how Noll doesn't get frustrated and go off on the other researchers. He must have some epic amount of self-control that I do not possess. And he's such a gentleman at the ripe old age of, what was it? 35? I guess I'll have to go back and reread this!
But I wonder if Noll really is okay... I have a feeling something bad is going to happen... Please don't kill Nolly T.T
And Luella's comment at the end there is just 'AWEEEEE' inducing. I love the characters you've written and I equally loved this chapter.
Patiently awaiting the next,
ELV
YumeNoAnata chapter 19 . 2/14
I love the concept of this story and I think you have executed it well. I am also enjoying your characterisation of the other members of the Davis family since there isn't a lot of information known about Luella and Martin.

Update when you can and thank you for the tip about the short stories. I had no idea some of them had been translated.