Reviews for Beneath the Lilac Tree
idk chapter 16 . 3/27
Goodness, every time I read this, I think of a masterfully created artwork though I have no idea how you did it. The relationships between the characters are very nicely portrayed and they are also developing wonderfully. Though this would be my first criticism: the pace of your story is slowly becoming monotone for too long that it will get boring soon, no matter how many interesting concepts you put out there. So my advice would be to perhaps change the way you write the interactions of the characters a little or increase the variation of speech patterns between different people because everyone has a slightly different one. No two people speak exactly the same, despite maybe having been raised under the exact same circumstances.
Thank you for the update and I look forward to the next.
Fher34 chapter 6 . 3/25
Im conflicted when it comes to this social worker
For starters, i find it irritating that shes so nosy and her character just reeks of unpleasantness
On the other hand, i find it amusing at the same time
Lol
This messed up feelings
Fher34 chapter 5 . 3/20
:D :D
:D
Im very please
Gene and mai friendship is great
And naru and mai *sighs happily
Fher34 chapter 4 . 3/20
The last part killed me so badly
Im weeping again
This story is so good and beautiful! It drives me crazy and i am so loving it
Fher34 chapter 3 . 3/17
Oh my
Okay, if u didnt have my attention before, you certainly have it now
Gene, eh? I smell plot aroma here
Fher34 chapter 2 . 3/17
Okay, u placed me in mai and naru heaven and then threw me down to hell
How dare you
Lol
I was laughing and cooing then i was weeping so ugly
Ugh, the pain is real
However, i am so amzed at your ability to impress me so much
This has to be my favorite mai and naru fanfiction ever
I adore it!
Fher34 chapter 1 . 3/17
Oh my gosh, this is beautiful!
I cried so hard throughout the entire thing
I was even clutching my chest
This was amazing and i loved it!
Chibi-Kyuubi-Chan chapter 16 . 3/13
Wow.
First thing: thank you for writing this fic. I love it so much! You've really worked out all the details of the plot and I really just love you writing in this fic! (I will make sure to check out any other work that you've published online)
Also I did get your Mameshiba thought at the edamame :
I did find the reading quite intense, since your chapters are all so long, but I got to the latest update finally, and am so glad that I did.
Really looking forward to your next chap! Out of curiosity, how many chapters do you have planned for this whole fic?
Keep up the awesome writing, and I can't wait to read the next installment!
Meepyonnee chapter 16 . 3/13
Sergeant Meep back with yet another episode of her irrational conspiracy theories! (Sorry for the delay... well, I guess you knew this would happen anyway haha... ha... haaa... sorry.)

Dun dun dun! Revelation after revelation slam into the poor Davis couple once agaaaaain! It's a true wonder how they haven't collapsed from sheer incredulity yet.

While reading the twins' explanation (cough, cough -confession- ahem) about Naru's leaps, I couldn't help but think... It's impossible for entire timelines to disappear by the hand of merely one PK user, however powerful his abilities are. I refuse to think their former worlds vanished completely, and... How did they, the ones who were left behind, take the time travellers' unexplainable disappearance? How did they cope? How did they move on? I couldn't imagine how devasted they must have been.

But... Since they've vanished completely, there's a possibility that their existence was erased in that timeline, meaning they never existed at all... not in that world, and not in the memories of those left behind... And although they're still technically the same people, they're still different versions of those from other timelines... And what of the Naru, Gene, Mai and Lin who were just living their life when suddenly the timetravellers come to take over their bodies? Did they merge, as Martin had said? ...But what if they didn't?

Then there must be repercussions too. Naru saved one life, then two, then more and more by changing the outcomes of the Yoshimi and Urado cases. And it's also possible that other unaccounted lives were drastically changed because of the inevitable butterfly effect. ...What is the price of all that? I know I know, I keep saying this everytime I drop in to review... but seriously, this is what constantly keeps me on my toenails as I read every sentence, every word. I keep anticipating the worst, and the suspense is killing me! What's going to happen to them? Will Mai and Gene die eventually at a later date? Will Naru pay the exchange with his own life? Maybe they'll all get killed anyway because they pissed off Father Time? Or really maybe just Naru will die and Mai can go on and kill herself, Gene and Lin elope, Sarah takes Martin away from his wife, but that's okay 'cause Luella's not selfish so she can share anyway and then and then WHAT THE HELL

AND THAT DAMN TREMOR ON THE SPIRITUAL PLANE! WHUT UP WITH DAAAAAAAT

...THIS is the product of watching Steins;Gate, being high on sugar - four Push-Pops in a row (deal with it) - and of conspiracy-zombies eating my brain. I am so sorry you had to witness that.

But wait... what if THIS timeline's quartet died when the original took over? Were they the sacrifices so that Naru was able to save those lives?

...Yeah... Hm... I've finally decided. Do NOT watch that show. Ever. It'll seriously screw your view on Btlt and I'm sure you'd rather not want to kill yourself trying to come up with a single solid theory on the craziness called effintimetravel-such as what I'm doing right now.

I have to admit, I skipped most of the parts with French since I wouldn't understand them anyway, and I know you put the translations at the end of the chapter, but... Maybe you can squeeze the translations alongside the dialogue? Uh... somehow?

The length of this chapter alone is /phenomenal/, J! While I pride myself to be an eager reader, the itty bitty scroll bar nearly scared me away! But, *nice guy pose* (just imagine my beloved Rock Lee) of course I think it's amazing that you wrote such a great gigantic chapter! Although... I have to say, there were too many details and you strayed from the main focus in some parts. And the flow got disjointed in some places because of the details. But then again we have vastly different writing styles, so you might not agree with me on this. (...I'm not much of a beta reader, huh? I still have comments like this... on the finished product...)

-Lin and Sarah. Dear god. Jeez, LIN AND SARAH. You will not believe how much I spazzed while reading about their reunion! It's just... just... aaaaghhdkdhhsjshahhsh IS IT BAD THAT I'M MORE EXCITED FOR THEM THAN FOR THE MAIN PAIRING?!

Yeah... I'll stop here... if I don't, I might just...

DIDJA KNOW THAT I KEPT ON ADDING 'TO' AT THE END OF 'NARU' DURING THE FIRST HALF HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

...sorry...

Bye for now!

- Le Meep

P.S. Thank you so much for recommending Line! I'd smother you with hugs and cookies and push pops if only it was possible :3

P.P.S. ...Never mind about the cookies... I ran out TT_TT
MzShellSan chapter 16 . 3/10
Great chapter. I can't wait for the next update.
dancingfingers chapter 16 . 3/3
... I wish I can write like this. So beautiful in every word.
I'm glad that Sarah remembers, I don't want poor Lin to keep calculating his every movement and feelings around her *grins*
Now that you've included the bits of Mai's dream.. it just adds to my curiosity! Who is 'her'? Who is 'he'? Gah.
mysticalphoenix-avalon chapter 16 . 2/26
Brilliant chapter as always. Love your work (especially the French - it is a first for me). Keep it up! I will wait no matter how long it takes!
Alaina Kuski chapter 16 . 2/12
I love it!
Nikko chapter 16 . 2/12
This chapter is a really great addition to a really wonderful story. I absolutely love your writing style, and the plot is really awesome. Gene and Oliver telling their parents about the time traveling was very well done. I'm really glad that Sarah remembers Lin. I can't wait to find out what the disturbance on the spiritual plane was. Good luck with future chapters.
Artlover-2015 chapter 16 . 2/11
Hi...I think your story is the best fanfic I've read...I've always thought that it was unfair for naru in the original story it was one sided love on his part...the writer of the series didn't satisfy the ending it was unfair but your story is the best its really a good continuation...but you may be thats why I like ghost hunt so much because of its ending...but I do hope the writer would write more and make it a happy ending...
But your story is not any less satisfying...just make it a happy ending...and update sooooooooooooooon...I don't have patience... :'(