Reviews for Beneath the Lilac Tree
One with the Wind chapter 17 . 7/17
I am burning to see where this is going! Can't wait for more :)
Reaganbrie chapter 17 . 6/28
I love this story, I've reread it several times (that's how I know it's a favorite). It's nicely detailed and long, and sometimes when a story is overly detail or long then it either gets overwhelming or boring. But ive never gotten bored or overwhelmed with this story, so kudos to you. you're a fantastic writer.
MissBlackButterfly chapter 17 . 6/13
Please update soon! :))
You're a wonderful writer and the first in the GH fandom who made me say, "Wow. This writer really know what she's doing."
I really admire your writing style and how you maintain the characters' personalities.
I'm supporting you 'til the end, archangelBBQ-chan!
Sanchesse chapter 17 . 6/9
I am not very good when it comes to words, so I apologize if parts of what I write are hard to understand. The beginning of this story was enchanting. The way you write each characters flows to effortlessly with the dialogue and setting—which is also breathtaking. I am the kind of person who falls easily in love with stories that depict every action, every detail, and every surrounding. There is a lot to love in this story, but the beginning is my favorite so far. If only because things were simpler during those days, and now I worry about the character's future. Especially our dear silent boy, Naru. Do I sound like a mother? I am only twenty. Anyway, thank you for sharing this wonderful story! it's been a joy to find and read c:
BelleCherie chapter 17 . 5/29
I found this story a day before my exam and could not tear myself away from it. You control where the storyline is going rather than pleasing people and it's so wonderfully written with well developed characters and little details that make it so unique. I've read a lot of GH fan-fiction and this really stands out. I'll be honest, I am a little scared with how it's going end and I have this horrible feeling that something is going to happen to Naru, but please keep writing your 'monster' chapters :) I thoroughly enjoy reading them.
Tank chapter 17 . 5/28
This is probably the only fic I still follow from this fandom. It's that great. :)

This is not meant as discouragement, but rather just my personal thoughts:

What first attracted me to this fic was the lyrical prose as you narrated Naru's guilt, despair, and finally the fateful meeting under the tree. Later on, it was Gene's internal conflict, visions of the future. All of them was beautifully written, with a sort of sublime beauty to it. It reminded me of that film "Somewhere in Time" (that's the title I think, have to go check it up), starring Christopher Reeves and Jane Seymour. That was absolutely beautiful.

Unfortunately, the last couple of chapters, while still well written from a strictly technical standpoint, have shifted from that sublimal quality that makes it truly a rare gem. The flooding of pseudoscience is kinda annoying, especially to readers who have a scientific background.

Still, you do these characters credit writing them (even the new Sarah, and I have an absolute biase toward Mary Sues and Lary Stus). That has not changed. :) The previous point is probably just my quibbling over a minor detail-something others probably never noticed.
furiouskittenn chapter 17 . 5/25
AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH. Is all I can say. I sent you a longer email with more comments (more flailing than anything but you know me) but AAAAAHHH THESE TWINS
heliotrip chapter 17 . 5/16
I absolutely love your writing-it seems to me to have a sort of slow flavor of melancholy, but it can be incredibly sweet at times. Seeing the characters as older versions of themselves is wonderful, and I love how I can still see their younger personalities in them, too. The gradual entry of the other SPR characters is quite exciting, and I can't wait to see where things will go with them. I'm glad that poor Lin gets to lead a fulfilling life, too; I felt like he always somehow got the short end of the stick in canon.
I have to say that both the premise and the buildup are extremely nerve-wracking to read, though (in a good way); when I went through 1-16, I could practically feel cold sweat on me as I waited for something to go 'boom!'
It's somewhat reassuring to hear it definitively stated that they have a bit of time before all sorts of heartbreak, or so I assume, start happening, but it's also kind of like waiting for the guillotine (still in a good way, of course. I think).
The conversation between Gene and Naru at the end of this chapter was absolutely lovely for me. It was such a very natural, indirect expression of their mental state, and I felt like their personalities radiated very strongly from their exchange. I've always wished that their relationship could have been explored more in the canon, so it's quite gratifying to see such an extensive exploration of it in your writing.
Anyways, I'm glad that you're writing this story, and I look forward to whatever delectable tortures you cook up from here!
Mariasakura2000 chapter 17 . 5/16
This story is amazing! It took me a good 6 hours to read it all and now I'm really upset that I'll probably have to wait forever fir you to update. I'm begging you to update soon, please! This is honestly the best fanfiction I have ever read!
Fher34 chapter 17 . 5/13
Amazing work like always
I really want lin's grandma to come into the picture!
She has to tell us directly what the heck is going on! I already have an idea but i want it to be stated without any qualms
I love your work! Keep it up! And naruxmai better be safe
My heart would break otherwise!
Nightraze chapter 17 . 5/12
Amazing story! I'm adding this to my favs! :)

I absolutely loved the way you wrote the characterisations of everyone and how they interact with each other. I also love that I can still recognise the characters even with all their added maturity and growth.

One of my favourite aspects of this story is the romance between Naru and Mai, which is surprising to me, because the thing that attracted me to this anime/manga and therefore the fan fiction site, was the ghost investigation part of the show, not the romance. I think the reason I enjoyed your writing of the romance so much is the very mature feel to it, as well as the great and realistic interaction between both of the characters.

I also really enjoyed the ghost investigation case back in chapter... 11? I think it was.. well, they have only been on one case so far so you know what one I'm talking about. As I was saying.. I really enjoyed it, I was trying to figure out how it all fit together and who was the ghost even before the reveal (I guessed correctly!) and the paranormal part left me in suspense too, so it was an interesting case for me. As I enjoyed this one so much - I hope to see more cases in the future.

The main event has also captured my curiosity: just what is Gene sensing in the future? ..and how does it involve the time-travels? I just can't wait to find out!

This is one of the best Ghost Hunt stories that I have ever read! I hope you update soon!
Ariana Taniyama chapter 17 . 5/10
So many good parts in this chapter. Everyone's interactions were really well done. I thought Gene's reaction to Martin attempting to involve Madoka was very interesting. I thought Naru's discussion with Luella was a good representation of how her relationship with her "adult" son would play out.

And I really liked the interaction with Mai and Lin and her comment about Naru's power and Lin's response.
fareyinabottle chapter 17 . 5/10
I've never been very good at writing reviews, so I'm just gonna tell you what I think. I absolutely LOVE your story! I am always looking forward to your updates so much that when I get that email with the new chapter alert I always end up jumping up and down and my laptop almost falls off my lap. I really like your writing style and I am always amazed at how much detail you put into it. Its feels like I'm reading a professionally published novel! It's really, really good! I know as one of your readers I haven't left you that many reviews, but I'll make sure to leave one for you from now on! And thank you once again for an amazing chapter :)
Naruisawesome chapter 17 . 5/9
So Mai went to hang out with her friends instead of spending as much time with Naru as she could before he left? Lol. And I agree with Gene! Switch places! XD Though I do wonder how long it'd take everyone to figure out they had traded places... For some reason, I'd imagine Naru slipping up faster than Gene would lol.

THANK YOU FOR THE UPDATE~! You made my day! No, my week!

Please update soon! :D
mysticalphoenix-avalon chapter 17 . 5/9
Hey there. Love 'Beneath the Lilac Tree' since it started. One of the best Ghost Hunt's stories out there.
For this particular update, I noticed that it is a bit lengthy in the sense of explaining and describing all of the detailed happening in the lives of our favourite characters (I appreciate the effort...love details but love interactions and reactions more). Truthfully, I was looking forwards about any news of Lin's grandmother arrival in this update or maybe the gathering of all the members in SPR or a new case (OMG! I literally want everything...I apologize)
Really can't wait for the next update, and with Noll going back to England, I am anticipating on what you will put out. Good job.