Reviews for The Tale of Cecelia: Another Unoriginal MapleStory
User No Longer Available chapter 28 . 1/8/2014
I have to say, your dedication to this story is extremely admirable. Even if its been two years - or more? - you've stuck with it; if I could accomplish anything with even half the time and energy you've put into this story, I'd get so many more things done.

Hello, btw. Its been awhile, hasn't it? :P
Anywaaaay... a rare moment of boredom and free time had me stalking the Maple section of FFnet and I noticed you had a (somewhat) recent update. Thought I'd "stop by" and see what you'd written. Still amazing as ever. I'm a bit foggy on the details, since its been awhile since I've read the story in its entirety, but regardless of the fact that I no longer have any idea what's going on, I still enjoy your writing. Its always been so much more than "he said, she said". The depth behind your characters still astounds me, and it kind of bugs me that you're so much younger than me (don't you dare call me old!) and yet you write like a seasoned pro. I have no shame in admitting jealousy when its so well deserved (... does that even make sense? No? Let's just pretend it does...)

Hope all is well! And I hope to see another update in the near future!

- Orion
BonesxBreak chapter 27 . 11/24/2013
Holy shit. If you can update after so long, I have no excuse. It's been awhile since I was following this story so I'm probably going to go back and re-read stuff. But goodness, kudos on trying your best to stick with it for this long!
The Last Poison Apple chapter 27 . 11/21/2013
Ahhh! Update c: it was shortish but i felt like we still got quite a bit of progress. And can i just say I've really missed you.
princess-kally chapter 26 . 4/8/2013
Wow... Second anniversary already huh? It doesn't seem that long ago when you were just starting out this story. I liked the chapter, and I was intrigued by Andrew's struggles, but I'm warily keeping an emotional distance no matter how much I want to empathise with him, because I feel like he's going to be assholish in later chapters. Possibly an incorrect premonition, oh well.

Mnn, regarding the tense change, I wasn't sure at first, but upon reading it again, there are a few tense mistakes here and there. You switch back to present tense at times, and it makes it slightly awkward to read. It's good to branch out though, and I understand that you don't have a lot of time on your hands. Well, if you ever need a quick beta read, you know my email/Tumblr.

Looking forward to more :D
The Last Poison Apple chapter 26 . 3/21/2013
You're back! :D I liked this! I mean I never really connected with Andrew before but now I really do feel for him.
Prominis chapter 26 . 3/21/2013
I felt like having a long and complex explanation of why this is great and how the writing is good, but then i realized that it'd probably be better just to say it in one sentence. Besides, long and complex isn't really my thing.

"This is the best thing i've read in the past few months."

it doesn't say much (depending on how much i've read, though i have read a lot), but i have to say this is amazing. I hope you understand what i'm trying to say (i'm not doing a very good job at it), but eh.

Happy two year anniversary of this fanfic (a day late). I've only been reading this since around like the 12th chapter, but still. you must have put a huge amount of devotion and time into this despite your school and stuff you have to do in life. Keep up the good work
The Last Poison Apple chapter 25 . 10/20/2012
Oh. Wow. That was certainly intense. Brilliant writing :D
The Last Poison Apple chapter 24 . 10/6/2012
Oh yay :D I really love the Eleanor/Baroq parts. Keep writing!
princess-kally chapter 21 . 10/5/2012
Honestly, I don't see why you still bother with "another unoriginal maple story". Sure, the concept of "falling into world" is fairly cliché, but your story is far from that.

In this story, you give the characters depth. You give them wants and desires, human emotion, heart breaking pain, vivid and varied personalities. They're representative of the fact that we can only continue the best we can, struggling day by day, to survive, and to hopefully, live life fruitfully.

Furthermore, out of the "OC falls into game/anime/show" fanfiction that I've seen (not many, since I tend to avoid them on principal), your story is one of the few which touches upon the philosophical issues that strongly concern the genre, but too little people explore. Do we exist? What is it mean to be human? How do we live a good life? Are there souls?

"If you can think, feel, live for yourself, then you are more than a collection of pixels on a computer screen…" she says, "If you have a heart that beats day after day, even for the most hopeless of purposes…" "Then you are human, Reina."

This is one of my favourite moments in this chapter, because it makes me think "there might be hope" within this story. That despite the dark themes within the story, the characters, broken as they are, can find a hope of some sort. Perhaps it's foolish, perhaps it's silly to keep struggling. But we should at least try, try and create meaning.

Reina's flashback is heart renderingly sad. You've just got me staring at the screen making a weird face because dammit Reina noooo Hana what is this feeling of foreboding dangit oh wait I know what happens... Sort of like dramatic irony, except it's not ironic, it's sad ;_;

Can I just say that I love it when you... I think the word is juxtapose one scene to another where one person says something and the other person "answers". It's probably one of my favourite techniques with writing I don't even know why XD
princess-kally chapter 22 . 10/5/2012
I see Eleanor as a representation of the misguided adults with good intentions in the world. I don't know if that's what you intended for her to be, but that's what she reads like to me, especially in this chapter.

"How many people are going to die for the sake of his goal?" he narrows his eyes.

"Our goal," she corrects, "We have our own goals, too. We shall achieve them in helping him—"

She dodges the question. She wants to preserve his innocence in a way, even though he's already broken, just like the rest of them.

Pft. The !parentalBaroq&Eleanor scene is just adorable. Also, do I sense a Harry Potter reference here?

"Won't the zombie mushrooms just come back since they're undead, and everything?"
Pftt. This is something I've wondered as well.

"Dreams and delusions are nice," he says, "But to pretend to is to deny the truth. Isn't knowledge what you seek? Truth, justice? Aren't those the things you value?"

Ouch. Everything from that point was just heart wrenching, if I wanted to keep quoting, I would just quote everything :

It feels like a point where things are coming together, and falling apart at the same time.

Every line packed so much... Well, for a lack of a better way of describing it, punch. Straight in the feelings, I might add. It's layers of... Foreboding upon glimpses of hope that make you want to believe, to hope, that somehow, the characters will gain peace.
User No Longer Available chapter 23 . 9/21/2012
I was so tempted not to break your 69 review count (I know... I really am that immature...) but this chapter was so gut-wrenchingly awesome that I had to send the pre-pubescent boy inside of me on a time out and just do it.

I have to say, looking back, you've definitely come a very long way since you first started writing this. To be completely honest, I had read this story before and could not make it past the first chapter or so. Your writing back then, while a far cry from being terrible (especially considering the quality of some fics on this site), was pretty... bland. Nothing about it really drew me in. I saw, however, that you were at least dedicated to the story and consistently updated so I told myself, "Hey, what the hell? Let's give this another shot."

Probably one of the best decisions I've made in regards to anything on FFnet.

Very rarely do fanfictions make me feel anything, but the sheer emotion and depth behind these characters and the story... well, its definitely got me feeling something. Heh.

You're a very talented writer; I hope you know that. And I hope you don't just brush this comment off as me being nice, either. The truth is, I still stand by what I said however many months (a year?) ago... you are, and always will be, ten times the author I will ever be.

Always looking forward to your next update!

- Fail Ninja (I had to... for old time's sake)
The Last Poison Apple chapter 23 . 9/21/2012
Oh, holy -this is so good. I'm really excited to see what happens next.
StupidityNowOffersWisdom chapter 13 . 9/13/2012
You... You had me crying after the part where it was revealed that Shinsoo created illusions. The feeling there is so strong, I don't even-

No... This is definitely not unoriginal. This is just awesome. Pure awesome. And a non-Mary-Sue character? Double awesome. Yes.

-nori
The Last Poison Apple chapter 22 . 9/7/2012
God, this was heartbreaking... You write insanely well.
GhostCalumon chapter 21 . 9/3/2012
OMG this is so great! I can't wait to see what's next! :D