Reviews for Blackthorne's Daughter
SabreKai chapter 29 . 6/8
Couldn't put this down. Well done. I truly enjoyed reading this, and always wondered what happened after the end of the novel.
Lady Razorsharp chapter 29 . 9/18/2014
A very enjoyable read. You effectively unlocked stuffy and stilted Buntaro and yet kept him true to character. Blackthorne was also excellent. Toranaga was one of my favorite characters and you brought him through the twilight of his life very gracefully.

I hope to read the further adventures of the Toda clan someday.
aalens chapter 29 . 6/10/2014
This is a marvellous story and you told it masterfully. I loved the plot, the characters, the witty dialogue and the insight into their minds that you achieved, seemingly so effortlessly. I think I enjoyed it more even than the original canon. Many thanks for writing this gem of a fic.
Sasha Clarkson chapter 29 . 1/14/2014
Brilliant thank you! :)
Sasha Clarkson chapter 20 . 1/14/2014
I have read the first 20 chapters of this story at one sitting. I have laughed and cried. I suppose I could nit-pick at minor points, but you have written a wonderful story. Thank you very much for taking the trouble. I look forward to reading the rest! :)

regards, Sasha (Charles Alexander) Clarkson
anerisa chapter 29 . 2/19/2013
I fell in love with story of Shogun when I was a child and this is a very good sequel.
It was a bit of surprise that you made Buntaro one of the maincharacters and very likeable as well, but your explanation for it was smooth and reasonable (though if I remember correctly Clavell wrote that Buntaro was always violent and feared).

I hope you will write a sequel for your story as there are very few in this universe.
reality deviant chapter 29 . 2/11/2013
great fic -the only good one i found for the great book and mini series!
budokablade40 chapter 29 . 10/23/2012
All in all, an excellent follow up to one of my favorite books. The characters were well treated and extrapolated from James Clavell's treatments. As well as the use of actual history as a framework,
I hope thatyou will contiue in Mr. Clavell's style and tradition.
Thank you for the entertainment.
sincerely
Keith L.
zephiey chapter 29 . 9/23/2012
I just found this story and enjoyed it immensely! It was very well written and I enjoyed seeing all my favourite characters once again. Thank you for a truly enjoyable afternoon read!
Yashida chapter 29 . 6/17/2012
Absolutely marvellous story!

I truely enjoyed reading it, and if you are indeed planning a sequel it would be most welcome.

Both your plot and style are very entertaining.
skywiseskychan chapter 29 . 9/18/2011
This story was really quite good. I thought that you developed things wonderfully, loved your little woodpecker and how you managed to bring in a new character without belittling those that were already present, how you managed to have a heroic tale within a historical context, and brought together everything in such a cohesive whole. I am sad to see that it ended here but understand why it would. I will be reading more of your stories soon but wanted you to know how much I appreciated this one and hope that you might be able to construct a sequel.
Clio1792 chapter 29 . 6/14/2011
Toranaga's rapport with Blackthorne is great in this chapter...indeed, for this entire story, you have written Blackthorne's character superlatively.

Welcome to the world, little Torajiro! How nice to think of Akiko as a mom! And how cool that Buntaro is simultaneously a father and a grandfather, and that his estranged son gets a pretty wife and a happy marriage! Double the fun!

A wonderful, sad, death poem for Toranaga, and a fitting good-bye to those whom he respected and enjoyed. And a great author's note.

This was a wonderful story, and a fitting sequel to Clavell's original, from the first pull of Akiko's bow to this magisterial ending.

Clio1792
Clio1792 chapter 28 . 6/14/2011
Ah...that last line...guess way, way down deep, Akiko IS a LITTLE jealous of her predecessor...guess that's to be expected.

And really, realistically, could she have helped but despised Ochiba? The woman really was despicable...

Our heroine is a warrior woman, and this is a great chapter for husband and wife to be seen at battle, comforting each other, and making their official reports in the aftermath.

Some violence in this chapter, and Sudara's coldness is a little intimidating. But definitely solid...

Clio
Spider chapter 29 . 6/14/2011
Beautifully written again and finally have the Toda her baby:)

too bad the story is finished ..
spider chapter 28 . 6/13/2011
again very well written and it's getting exciting!