Reviews for Thunderbirds The Stingray Story
dumas chapter 1 . 4/20/2015
Very good story. :-) I wondered if you plan to write a sequel? The main Stingray villains Titan and Agent X20 could had learned about IR's rescue of Stingray and they're interested by IR's technology with the purpose to capture Marineville with an ally of convience who's none other then Kyrano's half-brother the Hood. Troy Tempest and "Phones" return the favor by helping the Tracy boys and Lady Penelope.
Antony Zajac chapter 1 . 7/28/2013
Thank you for writing this. As a fan,I enjoyed it very much. you do have to edit it if possible though, as the grammar is poor in places and you are still using "off of"... you have to use one or the other! It is either off or of.

Spellings such as Marineville have to be correct as well.
typicalRAinbow chapter 1 . 9/21/2012
Aw how lovely. Great read. Poor Stingray but glad everyone got out okay :)
Admin Tesla chapter 1 . 6/3/2011
This story is amazing! I would have never have thought of putting Stingray and Thunderbirds Together.

Well Done! (*applause*)
cathrl chapter 1 . 3/24/2011
Fun idea - I like crossovers where IR rescue characters we know from somewhere else. (Enough to have written one myself :) )

And there are some nice touches here - the solution being to do what they did for the Fireflash works well, and I like the little bits of pseudoscientific language - "technical schematics", "communication transceiver" and so on. And Brains having technical info he shouldn't really have. And Scott thinking "oops" about saying "sit tight" to the guy in a wheelchair.

After that, though, the interactions get a bit implausible. Why is Scott so obsessed with having to tell everyone to remain calm? They _are_ calm, and as military personnel that's what you'd expect, so it's rather condescending.

Is Stingray in a cave or a trench?

Why do they need a diving bell to get people off the deck of a floating submarine?

There are some technical issues too - you consistently use "minuets" instead of "minutes" which is very distracting, and there are a lot of wrong and missing words, and things which just make no sense.

"request permission unload Stingray"

"We sure thing."

"where his family portrait use to be."

"my third forth brother"

"What are we going to father?"

And I don't get the last line at all. What lesson have they just learned?

A fun story though, nice to see someone writing about International Rescue doing some rescuing, and I look forward to your next one.
Elsa Jay chapter 1 . 3/21/2011
As a Stingray fan I was very happy to see this story, pity there's no catagory for Stingray. The story itself's not bad but it needed some more work.

A fair amount of repeation, like "Once again I radioed in to base before contacting Marineville control".

"Base from Thunderbird 1." I said. "Have arrived at Marineville. I'll set up Mobile Control and then contact Thunderbird 2."

And,"You mean Atlanta, you called them?" Commander Shore asked.

"Yes I did." the young woman replied.

Her name was Atlanta? She has auburn coloured hair, and was wearing a silver and white uniform, which I guessed was their uniform."

Not sure Commander Shore would introduce himself as 'Sam Shore', nor would Scott call Atlanta "Miss". As ex military himself he would address her by rank, especially as she is in uniform.

No more nit picking, the story is appreciated, thanks for posting
bubzchoc chapter 1 . 3/20/2011
excellent story i love both shows and really wish there was a stingray fanfiction aswell
SusanMartha chapter 1 . 3/20/2011
This is a nice first start. It has some problems but nothing to bad. I'm not good with explaining things but you do need a beta please stop using Bold for your story. It actually makes it harder for me to read the story.

The plot had some holes in it - nothing that couldn't be fixed. Keep on writing. The only way to learn to write is by writing!