Reviews for Questions, But No Answers
Crystal Rose of Pollux chapter 1 . 5/14/2011
Yay, another introspective Tony piece! I love these...

Opening with the phone call was a very powerful way to open it with! And poor Tony, so worried, but trying to mask it with anger!

His words to Carl, and his own musings-particularly about how Carl had made it through so much and how it was going to end like this...

And ooh, the playback of the tape, and his reaction to it... Wow. That was so well-done.

And Tony's rants to Carl after he comes to are also very powerful! The last lines worked very well-especially Tony's musings about how he was grateful that they'd have another chance to talk.
Dan Sickles chapter 1 . 4/18/2011
Absolutely wonderful! I wondered at first whether you could really tell a Kolchak adventure all from Vincenzo's point of view, but you did it perfectly. I totally agree with the other reviewers on the brilliant use of the tape player - just like the show - and the chill of hearing what must have happened without seeing it. And the humor of the porcupine tomato plant - just like the show!

I see you're a prolific author - I hope you'll write more Kolchak soon!
CSKazaam chapter 1 . 3/31/2011
Wow. I gotta say, it's definitely been a while since I've seen Kolchak, but this brought back some old memories!

As far as I can tell, I think you've really got Tony and Kolchak's personalities down. I like how blunt, abrupt, and impatient Tony is, and how he always seems to be yelling at Kolchak. LOL. And I like all of his thoughts about Kolchak and wondering whether anything he's supposedly encountered could really be real.

And wow, I forgot all about Kolchak's tapes! Somehow, listening to that (which I can totally imagining happening in one of the episodes), and then Tony wondering what was really out there with him, really made me feel that old creepy / uneasy feeling I always got when watching the show. It was great!

I think the conversation at the end was spot on, too! I can totally imagine that very scene occurring in one of the episodes.

And, of course, I love how Tony is worried, yet refuses to admit it to anyone. XD
Harry2 chapter 1 . 3/21/2011
Its nice to see a story involving Karl Kolchak that has Tony wondering if Karl is truly telling the truth for a change. These two may have their differences, but Tony would not change things for the world. If not for Karl, the newsprint world would be a lot duller.
Cruelest Sea chapter 1 . 3/21/2011
Excellent! Awesome to finally see something other than my drabble at the top. :-P I think you did a great job on this and the mummy intrigues me..would love to hear more about his narrow escape!:)