Reviews for A Still in the Street
StarryNight101 chapter 1 . 3/19/2014
Basically, this is perfect. In addition to Peter and Olivia being perfectly characterized, the writing and language feels almost poetic at times, which I love.

Several lines jump out at me which I just love. 'He's the baseline to her melody, both of them beating at three-fourths time.' Also, 'and this, he thinks, is as good a reminder as any of how much she needs him... Somebody to put on the brakes and call for a sanity check before they all plunge head-long over that metaphorical cliff.'

It's just so, so very good.
Just me and myself chapter 1 . 1/10/2013
That was incredibly romantic, I loved it!
cybertoothtiger chapter 1 . 4/28/2011
Augh. This was pitch-perfect, and heartbreakingly beautiful. The little details, such as Peter's worry about the medicine cabinet and the fact he has a Walter Alarm, are fantastic. I love how Peter is so concerned about her that he forgets how screwed up his own life is, and how little people have asked his permission. He's able to empathize without making it about him.

Very nice job.
singyourmelody chapter 1 . 4/13/2011
"They've just always been in tune that way; he's the baseline to her melody, both of them beating at three-fourths time."

Love, love love this. One of my favorite lines I've ever read I think. This whole thing was so good, such a small moment, but also such an important one in their relationship.

I'm more than a little worried about what will play out when Peter finds out about Altlivia's baby but for now, I'll just enjoy the quiet, stable Peter and Olivia relationship you've established here. Thank you for such a great piece!
wjobsessed chapter 1 . 3/23/2011
This is nicely done.

Well-written, and has a nice P/O undercurrent to it.

Like a snapshot in time of their crazy life.

Going to favorites.
uad chapter 1 . 3/23/2011
Hee. "Walter alarm." This was sweet.
TeylaFan chapter 1 . 3/21/2011
That was lovely... Well done - I really enjoyed reading this. :D
thornbug chapter 1 . 3/21/2011
What an incredibly beautifully written piece. This is the second Fringe story I've read by you, and I must say, there is something about the way you write, a sense of stillness and lyricalness, for lack of a better word, that evokes the such beautiful imagery and emotion.

The tone of the fic was perfectly set, I could feel the lateness of the night, the coolness of the air, the quietness around them. Everything was perfect. Thank you so much for sharing it, and please keep writing!
ClemB chapter 1 . 3/21/2011
Lovely fic, I really like it.

And, really, a baby monitor for Walter ? Haha !
Cerulean.Phoenix7 chapter 1 . 3/20/2011
I love this, it's very beautiful and having Olivia speak German was a very nice touch. Your descriptions are lovely and paint a very vivid picture.

Well done :)
Sunny2006 chapter 1 . 3/20/2011
That was wonderful! A simply written story but with quite an impact!
CoffinWood chapter 1 . 3/20/2011
Oh my. That was very lovely, and written completely in character. A nice, gentle unwinding from some really difficult events in both Olivia and Peter's lives recently. I very much look forward to reading more of your works.