Reviews for Urfin Jus and his Wooden Soldiers
Annadrujok chapter 24 . 1/1
You're doing a great job at translating the story! My father and I greatly enjoy reading this story! Keep up the good work! We can hardly wait for the new chapters!
cata chapter 17 . 7/19/2013
I am looking for rest.

You did a great job.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/26/2013
I'm sorry, but Baum wrote a sequel already.
Miyu Hinamori chapter 12 . 5/30/2013
Why did you stop? I admit I don't always agree with how you have translated this, but it's fun to read.
Brisingr12 chapter 6 . 2/13/2013
Tim Woodman was ruler of the purple land
Brisingr12 chapter 4 . 2/13/2013
I LOVE THIS *fangirl sqeel*
Annadrujok chapter 9 . 7/10/2012
Hi, OakheadLord,

Thanks a lot for your effort. “Urfin Jus“ was one of my favorite childhood books back then, and now we enjoy it again, reading your translations with my daughter (she is a member here; I am just her Dad).

Bad news: your translation is not the first one. Good news: your one is better. Right now, there is a 1991 translation by Peter L. Blystone available at Amazon (with a limited preview), which mentions (in Author’s Notes) several earlier attempts. We feel yours is a very lively one, and, in our view, you are a “winner” of the soldiers’ name contest, to begin with. Your “Oakheads” are so much better than Blystone’s “Deadwood Oaks”, not to mention “Oak Scrap”, “Blockheads”, “Oak Men” or “Oak Breakers” by other translators. Your last chapter (9) surprised me, though, because I remember the story of treason differently, with the wooden Clown instructing Belan.

Could you do even better? Well, don’t let occasional sloppy English slip between the cracks. Such as to/too, there/their, were/where, your/you are. Also, in Chapter 2, “Guamoko didn't have enough pronunciation” – you actually meant shrewdness, or insight for проницательность, right?

So, we really enjoy reading Urfin Jus, and are eagerly waiting for new chapters from you!

Passed on from my father, who is also enjoying this! Keep up the good work!
Annadrujok chapter 5 . 3/17/2012
You're such a good translator! This story is excellent! Keep up the good work! I hope to be able to read some more soon!
Ilya chapter 4 . 9/13/2011
Очень хорошо написал, молодец. Мне понравилось.