Reviews for Through the Way Things Appear
Hummingbird2 chapter 1 . 7/5/2011
I think you did a great job. You really captured the characters well, thank you!
StoryWeaver56 chapter 1 . 5/25/2011
I love this story. You have a wonderful way of writing-somehow you are able to find the perfect words for your descriptions. It's paced beautifully, and the characters are spot on. I love how you KNOW B'Elanna, and you are able to describe her perfectly. I love the childish fun between Tom and B'Elanna-it made me laugh many times, and they're so cute together! And, I love how you wrote the conflict that B'Elanna was having with Seven and B'Elanna's guilt. In the end, I loved this story and I think you did a fabulous job! :)
peacejaw chapter 1 . 5/19/2011
Keep up the good work! ;) I look forward to reading more of your stories!
QuasiOuster chapter 1 . 3/21/2011
I can see how this would be a difficult scene to navigate. B'Elanna has to tread her inner kitten and ogre to really get your point across. I applaud that you're exploring a side of her that I think the show was remiss about which is how she relates to the people around her. What I found most intriguing was her acknowledgment of her own relationship to emotion which she isn't known to always have great perspective on. Plus, I like the idea that she and Tom are in a place where she feels comfortable being that self-critical and vulnerable with him.

Anyway, I did think it was more revealing than she would have been at that point in the series. Or that Tom could come off sounding that patient. But that's okay. I think the story you tell about B'Elanna reconciling with her past by recognizing her present unfair treatment of Seven can withstand that. I agree with you that they'd never be friends but they can come to understand and respect who the other is as an individual. And that's got start somewhere-this is as good a place as any. You're doing so great with this emotional stuff!
Alpha Flyer chapter 1 . 3/21/2011
You've done it again. Realistic, fluid dialogue between Tom and B'Elanna, and yes, you achieved the balance you were looking for. A very nice piece to advance the transition in B'Elanna's feelings towards Seven - something the show's writers never really gave us (it just sort of happened off-stage ...).