Reviews for A Troublesome Lizard and a Despairing Captain
Bette chapter 1 . 7/4
I realize you have not posted a Rat Patrol story, or any story, to this site since 2013, but I wanted to say how much I enjoy all your stories. I hope you are continuing to write. You have the wonderful talent of taking a simple scena and fleshing out the characters to make them human and sympathetic. I've become very fond of Hauptmann Rosenthal and he is a beautifully crafted oc. I've read a number of novels lately about WW2 from the German or Japanese point of view which have not glossed over the atrocities committed, but which explain, in part, how the common German or Japanese soldier was caught up in an increasingly fascist world. It's still a contentious subject to explore, so I applaud your courage and skill in doing so.
HairyBallofFur chapter 1 . 9/2/2012
Another snap-shot of our favorite Hauptmann...Dietrich.

Thank you for your contribution...
hogan macgyver chapter 1 . 3/21/2011
Wonderfully written. I loved the way Rudy was causing mischief for poor Arnulf. Dietrich's last sentence was funny.

Hope there will be another like this in the near future.
Jake Crepeau chapter 1 . 3/21/2011
Oh, this was good! Very nice balance of serious and funny, and I especially like Dietrich's "There is a lizard on my head," at the end; it was the perfect capper.

I love the little bits of German you throw in there. I don't know much German, but I know enough that what you use, gives it a workout. ;D
Sgt. Moffitt chapter 1 . 3/21/2011
I loved this glimpse of our beloved Hauptmann that reveals his very human insecurities and doubts. Those doggone desert rats!

I also loved Arnulf's sincere concern for his friend. And I guess Rudy was trying to help in his own way. But I'm not so sure I would be amused to find a lizard on my head!