Reviews for School For Scandal
sumthin.clever.5 chapter 10 . 10/25/2013
I admire you for having a plan for the story and not wanting to drag it out. Heaven knows I got an idea and just started writing. 12 chapters in for both my stories and no idea where either is leading.

"Marty may have been built like a bulldog and have all the physical advantages football had gifted him, but he was a coward. Sherlock knew it." Hmm. No. I honestly think Marty would hit him. If not for Sherlock annoying him by existing or for the sheer pleasure of it, then to just save face.

"There were a few nervous titters, but no one seemed to be enjoying this turn of events. For all their big talk, his classmates' knew there was a difference between tormenting Sherlock and pitting him against a brute like Marty Hester." Bastards. One is as bad as another. Abuse is abuse. Torment torment.

"It wasn't easy finding an excuse to get out of lunch with the team, but it was not something John regretted./...He managed to shake them off at the cafeteria doors with a lame excuse about forgotten homework. No one made any attempt to contradict him and he slipped away unnoticed." These two thoughts completely contradict each other. Was it hard for him to get away or not?

I thought John was inexperienced? And now he's apparently hit several bases with girls. I'm thinking last chapter was a bit misleading. First he said he wasn't that inexperienced, but that sounded like a front. And Sherlock noted his responsiveness was not a trait of the truly experienced, at which point John admitted to being inexperienced. So perhaps he's done things with girls but they didn't return the favor?

"He fought the urge to push Sherlock's hands away from his crotch. It felt good. He wanted Sherlock to touch him there, but the sense that they were doing something sinful was difficult to shake." Welcome to the world of the religious and lustful. /

The shock is not that John is a virgin. The shock is that Sherlock appears not to be. A solid, "huh?" comes to mind. Who? What? When? Where? Why? How?

Sherlock is taking it a bit fast. Lust is all well and good. Engaging in a good snog and/or groping session is fine. But taking it all the way does necessitate a bit of thinking. (At least it should. Heaven knows it doesn't for everyone.)
sumthin.clever.5 chapter 9 . 10/25/2013
Exactly how long am I supposed to feel pity for John?

Omg. Sherlock is John's first...anything! (At least first real kiss. Club girl excluded.)

Destroy them both, indeed. I'm anxious for the explosion. I think I might be a sadist.
sumthin.clever.5 chapter 8 . 10/25/2013
"You really are a student right out of the high school for the emotionally repressed." I'm greatly surprised that John didn't make any kind of comment on this. Surely Sherlock is one to talk about the emotionally repressed.

Sheet music. O.O Will Sherlock play the piano here?

My oh my. I didn't see Sherlock being the first to initiate intimacy.
sumthin.clever.5 chapter 7 . 10/25/2013
I'm not sure why John thought Sherlock would tell. First and very much foremost, WHO would believe him? No one. At least no student. Though I suppose he could plant the seeds of suspicion in some. But mostly would brush his words off. Second, Sherlock would not bother trying to garner the attention of the school's populous.

"You look really pretty."/"Aww thanks. Want to see what upstairs is like?" Is it really that simple nowadays? My gosh.

My my. Walls come crumbling,
sumthin.clever.5 chapter 6 . 10/25/2013
I met Tom Felton at my first and only con. It was amazing. He's lovely.

Oh gosh. If John thinks word of this won't get round, he's mistaken. Step one of his fall from grace is about to commence.

Sherlock's nagging voice has started my nagging voice and I fear we're both going to be hurt by chapter's end.

John is digging in his bag for the manuscript. Please let the magazine fall out. PLEASE!

Not how I'd anticipated it, but completely satisfactory.
sumthin.clever.5 chapter 5 . 10/25/2013
You mean you were trying to tease us with short chapters?! You want yours less than 4K. I fight trying to get mine over 7. /

"The bottom line is that the son is the culprit but the mother is the suspect." The mother is not the suspect because the mother, Subject A, actor and the murder victim, is dead. Subject B, her daughter and budding actress, is the key suspect.

"Sherlock couldn't have gathered anything from just one sentence. He was intelligent but he wasn't that intelligent." He's joking, surely. Sherlock gathers almost everything he needs from body language, smells, sights. He doesn't often need words. Sherlock likely noticed John tense or something when his parents were mentioned. John speaking was almost overkill. Besides, it's not merely intellect, though that does contribute to the deductive reasoning process. It's mostly observations.

Sherlock asks John if they'll meet "same time tomorrow" but then Sherlock notes that they have "weekly" meetings.

"Heads or tails?"/"Tails." Either way that went, I was going to look at it dirty.

I swear I forgot about Harriet. When you said John glanced at his sister, I just noted: John has a sister. It was filed along with This Fic Only facts like: John's family is broke and relying on him to advance their station and John's mother is barely literate. So often and so easy I forget Harry.

"Why are you here? I thought you hated this place." What reason does Harriet have to hate Redverse? It's an all boys' school. She wouldn't have attended it and John only got there last year. I doubt something happened during that time as John is still the school's "golden boy."

Throw it in the bins? That's a good way for someone to find it. He'd have been better off burning it. After a quick look through, of course. ;]
sumthin.clever.5 chapter 4 . 10/25/2013
When people younger than you think it's okay to harass you, you know it's bad.
sumthin.clever.5 chapter 3 . 10/25/2013
Dude. I'd so rather he chosen A Midsummer Night's Dream. :D!

"At least he could just sit Billy in the corner and get it done himself if worst came to worst" Lol. Stop it. xD!

My MY! Just how often does little Sherly wake in such a state? ;]

Hmm. When will they come clean. Looking forward to it.
sumthin.clever.5 chapter 2 . 10/25/2013
Okay. John is being a wanker because he fears being an outcast. Got that. But I'd prefer he man up. Soon.

When he said group assignment, I knew he meant to put him with Sherlock.

He'd better find the guts. -.-
sumthin.clever.5 chapter 1 . 10/25/2013
So I read this in about June, but I'm posting my comments from then now because of reasons. Here we go:

Ugh. John didn't help him. Deep frown. We're going to have difficulties. I can tell already.

I currently forgive you because of that completely surprising end of chapter.
Princess Shoshana chapter 32 . 10/23/2013
Loved it! :D Can you maybe write a sequel or something? You're so talented!
Lilium Willow chapter 1 . 10/19/2013
Oh. That's adorable. Nice chapter!
TheImperfectSheep chapter 26 . 10/10/2013
Throughout the story, I wasn't sure if it was written from an American or English perspective - the shops and place names were all British but I assumed the 'football' was the American/Canadian style as a 'soccer' ball was mentioned earlier in the story (lying in someones bedroom I think), and I seem to remember John's curtains having 'soccer' balls on them at his parents house (although I may have remembered it wrong); both of which made me think that it was not English style 'football' (soccer) being played at the school. Fairly certain that there isn't an English 'american' football team, so perhaps changing the 'soccer ball' to football in the earlier chapter would make things less confusing? Just a personal confusion anyway..

Love the story, and have been glued to it for the last week or so, only recently got into fanfiction and can't wait to read more of your work!
TheImperfectSheep chapter 25 . 10/10/2013
Throughout the story, I wasn't sure if it was written from an American or English perspective - the shops and place names were all British but I assumed the 'football' was the American/Canadian style as a 'soccer' ball was mentioned earlier in the story (lying in someones bedroom I think), which made me think that it was not English style 'football' (soccer) being played at the school. Fairly certain that there isn't an English 'american' football team, so perhaps changing the 'soccer ball' to football in the earlier chapter would make things less confusing? Just a personal confusion anyway..

Love the story and have been glued to it for the last week or so, only recently got into fanfiction and can't wait to read more of your work!
Sandra D chapter 32 . 10/8/2013
This whole story was perfect. I can imagine someone making it into a kin movie or short tv series :)
Also, perfect epilogue is... Fantastically perfect. :)
1,589 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 .. Last Next »