Reviews for Healers of the Imperial Guard
Forgotten Guardsmen chapter 1 . 3/23/2011
Great story, it was interesting to here the point of view from he medical staff. Keep up the good work :)
Pixo chapter 1 . 3/23/2011
Eristarisis,

I like it. The doc-speak was quick and to the point, and with very little explanation of what medicines did what. As the way it should be. That would have ruined the narrative. And the speculation of future forms of trauma - plasma wounds, eeck!

I particularly like the machine-gun atmosphere the docs have to deal with. Just casualty after casualty after casualty, without end. Since the days of ancient Rome, battlefield surgeons have always had it tough ... while always respected and held in the highest regard, there is very little glory in patching up the wounded. Which leads to an interesting question: 40K is all about the Glory - but doctors don't secure objectives, or banish demons ... so where does the leave our good doctors?

It might have been a tad cliché, but I would have liked to seen more made of the comparison between Carter and Corbec - the long-toothed vet and untested. To see how does a newer doctor copes with that amount of chaos and the life/death instant decision making, as opposed to Corbec's efficient professionalism.

Also, did your man quote Quentin Tarantino, or did I miss something?

You should write more on this ... I would like to see an interesting story told from behind the Imperial lines.

Cheers, Pixo
Tristram-Hepburn chapter 1 . 3/22/2011
This is a really great story and it covers and part of the IG that you rarely hear about but I think many people often wonder about, namely the support services available to IG. The story has a sort of MASH meets 40K feel to it, which I quite like; a bit of black humour mixed with some terrific and terrifying descriptions of just how lethal the modern battlefield is. (or in this case, the future battlefield)

Also, I would like to praise the writing, which is nice and fluent. I think you nail the IG "feel" very well and the overall atmosphere is very 40K-ish. Another thing that impresses me is the almost total lack of spelling errors, which in my experience is a rare occurrence in fanfics. Well done indeed!

Now you seem to be a somewhat touchy writer from your profile, so I'll limit this review to the praise, not that there's actually that much other than praise to give, but I would like to know why Tarantino is in there?

Anyway, just my penny's worth. As I said, really good story and I hope you write more in the 40K universe.

-Tristram Hepburn
warhammerlover chapter 1 . 3/21/2011
nice story until quentin what! this is warhammer 40k not 2k, still good story though.