Reviews for These fragments I have shored against my ruins
Lune-Solei chapter 1 . 3/11/2013
Omg. This was fantastic. I can honestly say that I wish t had gone on forever. I loved the Eames/Arthur bits, especially when they were still dancing around each other. But I really liked the Cobb-Arthur dynamic and the Cobb-Eames issues and especially the moments between Arthur and the kids. I can understand Cobb's jealousy and Arthur's pain at keeping how much he interacted with the kids a secret. Ugh. The whole thing was gorgeous and this is probably my favorite Arthur/Eames fic because it isn't rushed and you just know there's more layers and its realistic and I'm pretty sure I'm babbling. Anyway, well done. I adore it to bits and you are a phenomenal writer.
Blazing Ace chapter 1 . 1/3/2013
AAAAAAWWW!
I like this fic!

Definitely gonna fave it! XD
Sarah chapter 1 . 12/31/2012
I love this. I think the character development is perfect. Well done!
Invisible Observer 813 chapter 1 . 8/31/2012
I loved the story. I hope you add more to this universe, whether it be Eames proving he will stay, Arthur with the kids past or present, Arthur dealing with Mal (shade) in the past, Arthur trusting Eames enough to let everything he has been carrying crash down to deal (I don't think he would have had time to process Mal's death babysitting Cobb or process being tortured by his friend), or anything else you think of. In short please add more.
Azamiko chapter 1 . 6/25/2012
danae.14 chapter 1 . 4/10/2012
Beautiful story!
pippi55 chapter 1 . 8/28/2011
This was beautiful, I loved reading it. Your characterizations are perfect, and I really liked how you managed to keep it canon. I also really enjoyed reading Arthur's interactions with the kids. )
Aja bookshop lj chapter 1 . 8/13/2011
Hi! I really wanted to review this here at because that's where I read it, though I loved this so much I might just come over to AO3 and review there.

This is a fantastic, sterling, wonderful fic, and I'm so glad that my friend Erin (eleveninches) recced it to me this morning. Reading it has renewed my belief that this wonderful fandom still has so many things yet to say to us. Your characters are absolutely perfectly drawn and voiced, your precision and thoughtfulness and care for the details of canon are well-done to a level that's almost unheard of in this fandom, surprising as that seems. I can only think of one or two fics (and I've read *thousands* of Inception fics in the last year) that approach canon with this amount of focus and introspection and success. It's absolutely fucking fantastic, and I'm so grateful to you for writing this fic.

Arthur is just *Arthur* - he is perfectly scared and frustrated and tense and wired and exhausted and strung-out and unable to see his own brilliance and capacity for goodness. And Eames is just something apart, and I loved that in all Arthur's pile of anxieties and worries, his fear of Eames' raw tenderness and energy and sheer insistence on *living* comes across as a *totally valid* fear, because Eames' presence in this fic really is that intense. And wonderful. They are wonderful together. All the other characterizations are wonderful: Dom's mania and delusions are absolutely terrifying here because they're so accurate.

And I loved that you gave us so many moments of sheer heartwrenching tenderness between Arthur and Eames but still denied us the easiness of a golden sunset ending, leaving it ambivalent and letting us choose what to believe-because that's exactly what Inception is all about, and it's the quintessence of Arthur/Eames.

I'm so happy I got a chance to read this fic this afternoon. Reccing it to everyone who'll listen. :)
Gunnr chapter 1 . 8/13/2011
Um, so I kind of love this story. My favorite part is probably how at the end Arthur is just so tired and lonely that he lets Eames in, even though he is so very certain that Eames is only going to hurt him later, and how he remains so utterly convinced of this the whole time. Just, this line:

"I know," Arthur replies, "but right now he's making me feel better."

And also this part:

Eventually, Eames will tire of him and leave, but it won't be so bad because Arthur will be expecting it. Eventually, everything will reshape into a new normal.

In the meantime, Arthur thinks he's going to be okay.

I think it's your Arthur. I just love him and his view of the world.

Anyways, you should definitely continue to write Inception (Arthur/Eames in particular, of course), because this was absolutely lovely:)
Strawb3rries chapter 1 . 6/27/2011
Hi!

I needed to write to you a review because this fiction is one of the best I have ever read and trust me I have read PLENTY. Your writing touched me. I can't even explain. THIS moved me to tears and it was not even that angsty. I had to tell you. Well, I hope that you will keep on the good work! You deserve all the reviews and compliments in the world.

xx Muriel.
AnimeSiren chapter 1 . 6/24/2011
I really liked the canon scenes interspersed throughout the story. Thanks for writing! This was a great piece.
It's Rayning chapter 1 . 6/24/2011
It's hard to think that Eames might or might not leave Arthur later, but I'd like to see if Eames really does keep his promise and stays. I loved how you fit it into cannon, and how you made Cobb and Eames not like each other though I didn't see that in the movie. The ending was simply sweet, even though Cobb still thinks that Eames is going to leave someday. I loved the way you made Arthur, how in character he was, since he's so professionally adorable.
Hiei-and-shino chapter 1 . 6/19/2011
I read many fanfics of this pairing, but this one is one of my favorites. Very smart, sad and real; I could see it happening. All the characters were very well used and they're all very IC.

I really adored this fanfic, but I don't think I can describe how much. It's simply fantastic. You did a very good job on it

(forgive my english, it's not the best, but, even so, I try)
butterflybabe23 chapter 1 . 5/8/2011
This is honestly one of the best Arthur/Eames fics I've read! AMAZING!
knighted lioness chapter 1 . 4/25/2011
this was beautiful! i love how you tell your own story, but still make it work 100 percent with the movie. i'm so excited that you're moving into inception fandom. arthur/eames is one of my favorite pairings. can't wait to see more!