Reviews for A Dish Served Cold
JolieBlack chapter 12 . 2/1
This is an excellent story! Quite a ride. The first chapter had me completely hooked, and the rest was a true page-turner, too, up to the very satisfying conclusion. The canon characters ring very true - loved "Sherlock solving the case and John saving the life" in the second chapter, and Sherlock being a bit not good when he traumatises poor Anne even further when they've rescued her! And Lestrade's speed dial for Sherlock is priceless, as is the fact that it's so easy to confuse with 999!

Your premise for Lestrade's wife and his marriage is unusual and highly original, too. The casefic aspect was altogether logical and engaging. I especially liked how it turns out to be a Moriarty case, but without Moriarty overshadowing everyone and everything. The villians are well-drawn in their own right, and their own motivations are perfectly clear and believable.

So, yes, we'd be very happy to include this in one of our next updates of the Canon Addicts community! Thank you for letting us have the story. :)
RisingFromTheRuins chapter 12 . 6/28/2016
This is the greatest Sherlock fic I have ever read. The information, the writing, the characters! The way you wrote John and Lestrade, and Sherlock, that one was the most remarkable.
The details in this story is truly divine omg, this is amazing!
Guest chapter 12 . 10/20/2015
This was so good-like getting a bonus episode! Best story I've read in a long time.
Guest chapter 6 . 6/20/2015
How this hasn't gotten more reviews is a mystery. The case is complex and intriguing and the action scenes are vividly written. The characters' voices and dynamics are wonderfully done. It's a great case fic. Always glad to see more of these in the fandom, especially for a show that is detective centric, but not many people can pull this off. The knowledge required can be rather daunting, but you manage it. You are absolutely brilliant :)
Guest chapter 4 . 6/20/2015
Ha! The bullet holed smiley! So that is what's off kilter about the flat! Oh, Sherlock :D
chocovic-chu chapter 12 . 6/24/2014
Brilliant! Well written and those experiences you know you put in this story as references, you are absolutely the Author.
Thanks for sharing!
If you have another idea for Sherlock's case-fic, please find the time, draw the storyline, write/type it down and publish in this site, yeah? :)
funvince chapter 12 . 1/6/2014
You have impressive mystery writing skills. You wrote Holmes the emotionally stunted detective very well. I liked how you gave Lestrade such a prominent role. The mystery itself was very clever and suspenseful.
Moon Fox chapter 1 . 12/3/2013
I like the dynamics between Lestrade and Anne! very intriguing plot line.
stalkerofdoomyahoo.com chapter 12 . 1/12/2012
That was great! I'm surprised it has so few reviews. But I highly enjoyed it. Everyone was well in character and the progression was very well paced and nicely handled. I think I only noticed one typo and the fact that I noticed it at all after years of reading typo-infested fic means that there were so few errors that it stood out. I don't remember which chapter, but it was at the end of something John said. It ended 'Gre.," Just fyi.

Like I said, very well written story. First thing I did was look for more of Sherlock fics from you, sadly there are none, but I definitely would enjoy reading more of your work.
dollydarwloo chapter 12 . 5/4/2011
I know this is not with this story. I would like to hear about a sequel to the Unfinished Work Series. What has happened with Schell and Horatio and if they had a family how that family is doing. Thank You

dollydarwloo
Daine chapter 12 . 4/20/2011
Wow I really sped through that. It was really well done.
Sarai chapter 12 . 4/9/2011
Awesome!
Kim CC chapter 12 . 4/8/2011
Thoroughly enjoyed the story and loved the interactions between Sherlock, John and Lestrade.

Thank you for sharing!

Kim CC
NoLongerActiveUser chapter 12 . 4/8/2011
I thoroughly enjoyed this story! Your characterizations were spot-on and the suspense had me on the edge of my seat the entire time. Your Sherlock felt very much like the Holmes of the novels (and I mean that as a compliment). The friendship between Lestrade & John was especially fun to read. And the bit at the end with the smiley? Classic! I really really really enjoyed this, thank you for sharing! And on a personal note, I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. *hugs*
k8ec chapter 12 . 4/8/2011