Reviews for Mirror
SixPerfections chapter 1 . 4/1/2015
Wow... that was nuts... and so funny XD
Daryl chapter 25 . 12/31/2014
great story. i enjoy reading your kigo work
Daryl chapter 23 . 12/31/2014
good chapter. the ending is so sad
Daryl chapter 22 . 12/31/2014
good chapter
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 25 . 4/12/2014
Interesting, I’ll give you that.
The initial synthodrone twist was unexpected, but it made a certain sense as you explored Shego’s motivations for doing it in the first place and how her thoughts on the matter shifted after Kim and Ron learned about syntho-Kim’s existence, and your take on Cyrus Bortel as you expanded his role from ‘ignorantly-amoral’ (As Kim noted herself, he just didn’t seem to think much about the dangers of some of his creations) to ‘actively-thinking-in-villainous-terms’ was very effective.
The moment when events shifted were just as dramatic as should be expected in such a tense situation- Kim’s re-evaluating her very identity and her relationships with Ron and Shego in particular; that was just always going to be awkward to face- followed by the abrupt response of all concerned parties putting Kim in the kind of morally ambiguous situation she’s never faced before, torn between her natural ‘preference’ for heroic activity and the possibilities presented by Shego (Even if Ron just sometimes comes across as a bit of a jerk for not giving Kim a chance to speak her piece; it just feels like he assumed the worst a bit too quickly in a world where they’ve faced plots that include mind-controlling shampoo and emotion-manipulating chips).
Still, your exploration of Kim and Ron’s shifting thoughts on their ‘new’ partners is handled well, followed by their own complex reactions to their interaction with the original, as Kimberly Anne’s unable to shake off her programming while Shego finds herself stuck in a loop without realising it, trying to change for Kim without recognising that going back to what made her unhappy before isn’t going to work if she’s just doing it for the wrong reasons (Even if she manages to shift the dynamics when she has to).
The lead-up to the final confrontation is also handled well, as Will Du is forced to face up to how far Global Justice has fallen despite his usual fanatical devotion to procedure, and the final battle is superbly handled, the heroes coming together to strike back against Bortel’s scheme in a manner that avoids portraying Bortel as incompetent; in the end, his plan only really failed because he underestimated the development that his creation had experienced, and he can hardly be blamed for that when he had no past precedent to draw on.
All in all, while I wish you’d included a bit more detail about what Global Justice actually did to Kim in the past- mentioning your plans is fine, but dropping so many hints about them having done something to Kim and then not following those up just felt a bit weak- the relationships were explored in a very interesting manner and the final results were still interesting, as Kim and Shego find the elusive middle ground that satisfies both of them while allowing Kim to hold on to what’s important to her.
only-looking chapter 25 . 3/30/2014
This was a fantastic story. Not only did you get into all of the characters' heads and nail their voices (especially Steve Barkin, always good to see), but it was a great balance of humor, romance and action. Kimberly Anne was a particularly interesting character, with her personality growth and development. Much as I would have liked to have seen two Kims running around saving the world and all, her noble sacrifice made for better drama.

I really liked seeing the naughty side of Kim, and her motivations and rationalizations were very, very believable. So was Ron's freakout, which was exactly what you would expect from him.

Excellent job all around, even if Shego occasionally forgot she had plasma powers, and you nailed the ending. Happy and upbeat about the future for the good guys, murky and ambiguous for the bad guys and GJ. As cool as the sequel would have been, we really didn't need it.
Guest chapter 25 . 2/20/2014
good story
cookiesforfrogs chapter 1 . 1/29/2013
Hehehe love the last line. Perfect.
Aceina chapter 25 . 12/26/2012
i enjoyed this story up and till shego went good it just felt half assed

it felt like u were puting alot of work into the grey areas of life and going to do the kim goes evil which is so rare in this fandome

but then it just droped she goes back to her freinds things just go back to normal then shego goes good with out even debating with her self

it felt like you had a difrent plot in mind then changed your mind and just half assed the 2nd half of the story

i will admit kimberly anne's death did make me cry but even that you stoped devloping her in the 2nd half it felt like you where having her live kims life to learn morality and such then again jut droped it
Jo chapter 25 . 1/26/2012
Thank you for the amazing story.
Mauser1888 chapter 25 . 12/25/2011
That was a good read. Thank you. I do agree with you that there probably isn't enough steam left in this particular story for a full-blown sequal.
Dalxein chapter 25 . 12/24/2011
It does leave a bit to be desired, as without the AN at the end, there ARE those few plot points that go unresolved, but I feel that as a whole, it's been a great fic.
Joe Stoppinghem chapter 25 . 12/24/2011
I know it's your decision, but I'm saddened by the possibility of no more KP from you.

Nice wrap up chapter,looks like Mo' might make a run with Ron in a while. The poor boy does need support from someone.

Great story, you've shot out of nowhere to be a major write in this realm. (Ooo, a school word.)

I do wonder what universe you'll head for next. I have to admit I've been reading quite a number of the Justice League stories as well... Let me know if there are any I could suggest to you for your enjoyment.

Again, thanks for coming up with a KiGo I could follow, even for a K/R shipper.

Hope to see more works from you soon.
Reader101w chapter 25 . 12/24/2011
Great story this had been,

I liked the ending, where life is shown after it has taken on it's normal course again.

I wonder how Shego will end up eventually, seeing as she's going to be herself.

Should you happen to branch off into universes that we share an interest in, I hope to read more of your work.

Keep up the very good writing that you do,

reader101w
Reader101w chapter 24 . 12/22/2011
Cool chapter,

Nice closure on several points, while keeping enough open to make the ending chapter/epilogue very interesting.

I wonder how all relations will work out, and will we here something from Kimberly Anne again?

I hope to read more on this soon.

Keep up the very good writing that you do,