Reviews for Comfort in the dark
CelticGirl7 chapter 1 . 11/12/2013
One thing that would of made a great scene in the movie was an explanation of how Alice got that braid. I always viewed it as a symbol of the bond between her and Uncas, and I'm vey happy that you wrote out a scene on how it would appear.
In a way Uncas really is her protector, as if someone above planned this to benefit both of these tragic lovers. In the scene of Cora and Alice being saved on the battlefield, you can see Uncas looking back to see his father helping Alice, as if reassuring himself. :)
Wonderful read. Just what I need before heading to class.
GOTTA GO! PEACE!
Guest chapter 1 . 10/24/2012
You need to write more! I love Uncas and Alice... Their love is unmatchable!
Vrna chapter 1 . 1/20/2012
I really liked the idea, great short story full of emotion. I wish you would've been more consistent with the past/present tense though. Great job!
GG7HEverwoodHSMfan chapter 1 . 1/3/2012
I loved the added scene. it should've been in the movie. It's so cute and subtle. I love Alice and Uncas and you do a good job writing them! :)
Celticdee chapter 1 . 7/23/2011
I really enjoyed this first chapter.

Thank you for filling in the blanks. The braid always made me curious. Not there...

and then there it was. Made me wonder if a scene wound up on the cutting room floor.

Had to be. I look forward to your next installment.

PS: Cannot wait for the waterfall scene...

PPS: Any chance you could change the cliff segment?
DearestAmy chapter 1 . 5/25/2011
Another beautiful story:

This is a scene which should have happened in the movie. I always thought if there was anything going on between uncas and alice at the fort. And yes, it could ( or must ) have been something like this.
nipponophile chapter 1 . 3/23/2011
Ah, that was just gorgeous! Love how you write their interaction, these small but emotionally powerful moments.
nkurej chapter 1 . 3/23/2011
Very nicely done. The strong connection between a & u is clear, and yet you place it, very nicely, within a setting/scene that I could picture actually happening in the movie.

I see that you have written many, many stories, which is something I admire and cannot do myself. But, if you have a beta, please use him/her. I found the typos and the (sometimes) odd change of tenses distracting to a story that was so good. Polish it up a bit and it would be perfect.