Reviews for Doors Sealed Shut
Guest chapter 1 . 10/3/2012
What excellent work. My heart is breaking, and I believe that this is going to become head-canon for me. Beautiful!
Ghanaperu chapter 1 . 9/25/2012
This is an amazing story! I love how you brought so much more depth to the character of Tom, and I like how much we learn about Allan, even though he isn't actually in it. And I really
liked the funny part with Djaq making fun of him, and not knowing what a toad was, in the middle of an otherwise serious piece. Great job!
spikelvr75 chapter 1 . 6/16/2012
This is a great story! I loved it. I especially loved Djaq going along with Tom's fears and acting like a witch to scare him and her remembering how Allan was also prejudiced and hurtful when he first met her. I also really loved the ending where she thinks about her conversation with Allan right before he got thrown out of the gang and how she knew he really was a good man. I'm an Allan/Djaq shipper so I loved how much of that was snuck in here despite the fact that Allan himself didn't even really make an appearance in the story.
CaribbeanAzure chapter 1 . 4/3/2011
I have been meaning to review this story for - well, forever! I have been super busy… Poor little Tom and Allan! I feel so awful for them! To a happier note - I must say that I loved your description of the stream, “…Tom held the bucket underneath the surface of the water, breaking the sparkling reflection of the moon that danced in time with the gentle current…” You got a big smile from me when Djaq didn’t know what a toad was! Oh, and I loved this part, “…his pale blue eyes pierced through the darkness like arrowheads aimed at me…” Great story!
Bundibird chapter 1 . 3/25/2011
well done you! this was a really great Shot- I really enjoyed it. I loved the ending. and I liked how you portrayed the brothers' relationship- that tom actually did care about Allan, and everything he did was his own unique way of looking after his brother.

well done- this was really great.

btw - did you know you have anon reviews disabled? I didn't know I did until someone told me, so now I tell everyone. :P

thanks for the read!

Bundi.
EndlessBlue chapter 1 . 3/22/2011
Awesome. Kudos for writing about a guest character! I liked that you chose to use Djaq to explore Tom's character, and the way you tied it all back to Allan was very poignant. Djaq was very much herself - a little silly, a little condescending, but mostly just compassionate. I like, too, that she isn't really grieving Tom's death so much as she grieves for what it did to Allan - that seems very in character, since Djaq was always practical enough to know that people reap what they sow, but caring enough that she wanted to help Allan.

Well done!