Reviews for Easier Said Than Done
northboy69 chapter 1 . 3/25/2011
It definitely sounds like Dave. I'm hoping for similar realism in the show as well rather than a quick fix. Hopefully if they've been able to restrain themselves for ten episodes before doing the Klaine kiss, they'll show similar sensitivity in working with this story arc. It does feel like they're paving the way for Kurt to be back at McKinnley before nationals, though. Which makes me think that they may rush the whole Karofsky coming out/apology scenario.

Which leads me to ask about your choice to have Kurt return without an apology. Obviously the instructions for Dave to stay away from Kurt aren't enough (even if Dave is well intentioned). And "resources" haven't been effectively deployed to monitor the situation. What could have overridden all the concerns that motivated Kurt's departure in the first place? This does feel more like a one-shot piece than the kernel of something more extensive, and yet the previous question just seems to hang there for me.

Maybe a companion piece told from Kurt's perspective could explore this?
littleboatfullofwater chapter 1 . 3/24/2011
really liked it! I think it totally sounded like Dave! :D

And I know what you mean, I think nobody wants him to just suddenly change
Vellophone chapter 1 . 3/23/2011
I definitely like how you portrayed Karofsky! Thanks for writing this one-shot!
sabrine94 chapter 1 . 3/23/2011
wow this sounds like dave so did a great job. i would love it if you continued but i understand if you leave it as this. :D
the pink post-it chapter 1 . 3/23/2011
yes that sounds something that happen on the show. I agree with you that Dave should change slowly not at once, that way more people will love him. I'm so scared for the upcoming episode since Kurt is returning to McKinley and Dave's gonna be there. I read somewhere that he's going to slushie someone I hope it's not Kurt cause then it will mess things up. I enjoyed this one-shot :)
everyoneisking chapter 1 . 3/22/2011
I think Dave is very in character. When he says all stupid stuff on the show, I really feel like he means to say someting civil, at least, and it just comes out as "homo", like yours did.

I liked it! Bittersweet, but very Dave.
debraelq chapter 1 . 3/22/2011
I liked it. Very realistic. I know Dave's going to be so conflicted. I don't want him to change overnight but I hate seeing him hurt Kurt. And it just reinforces all those Klaine shippers. They really hate Dave. Obviously RM is planning redemption which means he and Kurt will at least be civil to each other.

Anyway, great job!
Don'tStopMeNow19 chapter 1 . 3/22/2011
I think you had Dave down perfectly. I wish it wasn't just a one-shot!
Aetheriata chapter 1 . 3/22/2011
Don't worry, Dave sounds definitely in Character.

Nice story :)
Charlotte -LOVE chapter 1 . 3/22/2011
Aww... I can't wait for the next few episode. Dave's a dick, but I don't want him to hurt that much. :( Kinda inevitable if he's going to come out at McKinley, though...
SilentPirate chapter 1 . 3/22/2011
I can't say that was bad... As always, well written. But I guess it was a bit pointless seeing this is probably what's going to happen on the show :/ Except that on the show we'll surely see less of Dave's feelings... Anyways, this was good nonetheless. :)
LizzyPoodle chapter 1 . 3/22/2011
If Glee blows it and does this too quickly, or doesn't do it at all, or doesn't allow Karofsky to be sincere...I will cry. Your take on an apology, unfortunately, rang true. *sigh* I hope that he apologizes sincerely, and I hope that, in time, Kurt can accept it.
speranza19 chapter 1 . 3/22/2011
Your one shot is simply amazing. I loved it. You have an amazing gift: you make Dave so real... his feelings seem so real. This is a very good work. *thud*

My heart broke when David saw Klaine's pics... oh, poor guy. And the final sentence said by Dave is perfect. You're terrific!
Dreaming-Of-A-Nightmare chapter 1 . 3/22/2011
'All he had to do was rock up to Hummel say what needed to be said.' ...LOL "ROCK." i'm sorry. but i think you meant "walk," and yet it sounds so funny that way... i noticed in the summary in my inbox alter message first, so. yeah.

OH MY GOD THIS WAS PRICELESS. seriously! Dave being nervous was cute. Kurt being characteristically bitchy was perfect. and Dave chickening out on apologizing due to sheer jealousy when he saw the photobooth strip of photos? IN-CHARACTER AND AMUSING. i love this. C:
Lolee Ann chapter 1 . 3/22/2011
It was completely in character for Dave. I really really hope that they don't send him off to a shrink and stop making him part of the show. Which is what I suspect them of planning! I love your one shots! Keep them coming:)