Reviews for A Displaced Red Robin
jj chapter 17 . 3/14
i love it
i just wish the chapters came out faster but your doing a great job so please keep up the good work
Banner chapter 17 . 3/11
I just found this story, and I've spent the evening reading it straight through. I've been fascinated. This younger Dick and Bruce are amazing. I suppose I've lost track of how much *healthier* the Dynamic Duo was...

Thank you.
JoWashington chapter 17 . 2/23
This whole chapter is a heart wrencher! I was sad and understanding all at the same time! I think it's something that all older siblings go through... at least at some-point, and all of us who have gone through with that idea is just something that is pretty much hard-wired into us. We're the Givers, the people who understand, who make life better. I've heard that when we're not around things don't flow as smoothly, there are more issues when we're not around.

It would be interesting if the team got together, in a way to convince Red Robin to stay, make (with Batman's 'blessing') a new uniform for him. Replacing the Cowl with the Mask (like Nightwing wears) and something to separate him from the Bat-Clan of his own universe. It would possibly be a way to show him that he is wanted and that here, he can be himself, and that he was accepted...
Just an idea...
Will Red Robin ever encounter Ra's Al Guhl? RR is the only other person who was given the moniker "Detective"... (and this is me being obnoxious: what about Jason? What will happen to him? Red Hood seems to be almost inevtible...?)

Looking forward to more- As Always, your stories lead me to wanting more!
*slams head on table*
Damnit Tim!
Well. At least i/someone/i is now aware of how Tim thinks. And who else is fairly sure Bruce and Alfred are at least partially aware of the conversation, given that this is the Batcave, regardless of trusting Tim and all? *waves hand* At the very least boosting the security monitors near his med-bed would be wise while he's stuck there, just in case something does happen and he's too unconscious to tell them about it when they arrive. Like right now, barely able to breathe all of a sudden.
Of course, they might not have any audio, or a good angle to read lips, but at least they know for sure he and Dick had a conversation that got Dick all upset and now Dick is adamant about not letting Tim's world have him back for some reason. And that Tim went and did a thing he shouldn't have -medically speaking- by sitting up, hugging Dick, and then nearly passing out from the sudden lack of air and surge of pain.

I think it would be good for Tim to know someone back home noticed he's missing and is trying to get him back, but perhaps ultimately healthier and better to stay in the YJ 'verse and be adored by all the baby-heroes as he is. And therapy. Lots of therapy, which I actually blame his parents for him needing most of all. Also cuddles, once it won't hurt him again. Though he can get that from indulging Dick's need for octopus-glomping "his" people. He i/has/i been considering prodding that knot into healthier order...
V.M chapter 17 . 2/15
This fic makes me cry every time I read it. I’m sitting in my room bawling my eyes out because the emotional punches hit so hard. Every moment lands and every character has so many layers of development and personality. It’s magnificent how you weave this story with all these intricate relationships and the varied ways in which tim is viewed. Tim drake is one of my favorite characters of all time and it’s so hard to find good fics around his issues, and this one does it really well. I genuinely hope you give some sort of end to this story when you can, I find myself coming back to it month after month just to reread it and it never fails to give me an emotional response. The writing is great, the pacing is on point, the characters a depth film and vibrant, the plot is compelling and overall its amazing! If you have the time, please write more!
David-El chapter 17 . 2/14
Does Tim really feel like this in the comics? I would have assumed that since he was the only one that Bruce actually adopted, he wouldn't have this insecurity about his ties to the Bat-family.
baabaabaa chapter 17 . 2/12
amazing chapter thank you for writing it
piades chapter 17 . 2/8
waaaugh I have no next button! It's alright. I like this story enough to stick around for the long haul.

Defensive limpet Dick! :D
piades chapter 15 . 2/8
"and what could you possibly have to lecture me about?" ohmyGOD. Your characterisations! eep! the lying shitfacer aaaugh. What am I saying, Supes probably hasn't let himself think about it enough for this to not be news to him.

more hugs. Poor Tim. Tim hugs.
piades chapter 14 . 2/8
Tim. Between Jason and Roy, you're beginning to rack up the schemes...

Although the Roy scheming seems to be working out.

Roy's probably more comfortable with Tim, since he's only kinda-sorta a team member.

Oh hey! Shooting arrows at Superboy will be. uh. a great? bonding exercise? -snrk-.

Roy's returning the worrywort favour! Run, Tim, run! And wow you are bad at being reassuring.

"Well, you don't share his DNA, so there's a fairly good chance." oh dear. facepalm. many facepalms. Like that's the only condition that matters. ooh dear.
piades chapter 13 . 2/8
More sadness! And me whispering "Damian, stop being yourself" at the screen.
piades chapter 12 . 2/8
... maaan Tim and Dick competing over images was adorable.

... Tim thinking sad thoughts is significantly less adorable. :c

Oh shit Dick just compared Tim to Damien without even knowing I am laughing my ass off.

Wahh, Dick getting pissed off with Tim about lying. Does he think Tim thinks other-him is a bad person? Is he afraid other him is a bad person? Or. Ack. Dick is just reacting to everything. This conversation is making me saaad.

note to self: sad cliff-hangers are sad.
piades chapter 11 . 2/8
Who the hell uses windows? Who the hell doesn't use windows? Alfred and who else?

... does Alfred use windows? Man I need to put "draw Alfred sneaking through a window" on the to-draw list...

aaand here's Dick causing trouble. Oh dear. Oh man. And causing hugs. WHELP. (... how much resemblance do the fanon characterisations have to what you see in comics? I can't stand comics because of the lack of focus on consistent, interesting characterisation. And relationships. pst. comic editors. Having your characters develop friendships is awesome.)
piades chapter 10 . 2/8
ooo... off to do some Jason-hunting! And leaving the team to wonder about it.

Oh god I just had the mental imagine of mini Jason following Tim around like a duckling. I'm doing my best not to laugh. Still in library!
piades chapter 9 . 2/8
I'm in a library right now. When Mad Hatter was throwing saucers I put my face into my palm, and smirk-snorted.

Oh! I don't think mentioned it before, but when Batman twitched to put his hand on Tim's shoulder I thought: AHA! I BET THIS ROBIN DOES GET HUGS!

Not sure if that's what you were going for or not but that's how I read it.

Oh look, tackle hugs. I'll take that as fluff! Kaldur is so... ack! Kaldury! Man, I need to get that guy visibly excited about something... what would it take... Actually, this entire cast is way too serious. Kaldur, Superboy, Artemis... hrm. (ok, it's this show: seriousness kinda comes with the territory).

Aw man, imagine Tim's Jason's reaction to the fact that his counterpart gave him a toy soldier. face palm.